2012 Buick Enclave

Based on 361 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

superb auto

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Love this car, it's a little rougher ride than your grandma's buick due to this being more of a crossover but it is luxury at its best, gas mileage could be better but I guess if you can afford this pricey auto than you can afford to fill it too! I've had mine now for 8 months and it's still fun to drive."

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"this was the best choice i made when it came down to choosing a family car....real quiet and it handles great. i get good gas mileage compared to my other vehicle i had that carried 7 passengers.highly recommended.."

Guiet, plush, joy to drive

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"We did a lot of research for our purchase of a new vehicle. We wanted a "upscale" vehicle that drove like a luxury sedan, had cargo space like a mini van, and sat higher, like a SUV. This vehicle met all of our expectations and then some. The Bose speaker system is awesome...the attention to details such as stability, driver comfort, quietness in the cabin, and over all ride is fantastic. We're getting a little better than expected gas mileage, with nearly 27mpg on the highway. The safety features are excellent, as well as attention to the little details. This vehicle turns heads. We'd buy it again!"

New Owner

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I've had the vehicle for two months now and so far, so good. It's comfortable getting in and out of and has great styling, which has generated numerous questions of "What is that?". The excellent quiet ride and build quality is true and the sound system is great. I have a few recommendations for GM on the next go around, but nothing that should keep you from test driving an Enclave. I got the 7 year extended warranty because of our usage, but hopefully I won't ever need it. This has a surprisingly good turn radius. Looking forward to see if the AWD helps this winter."

Lousy Transmission / Performance

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Purchased April of 08. Transmission doesn't seem to know what gear it is suppose to be in. A lot of hesitation or low power when starting from stop. Brought into shop in June to address the problem. Was told there were two software updates: 1) Update to address (not fix) sluggishness of tranny. 2) Anther update to fix sluggishness but would cost 3-4 MPG and you can't remove the update once installed. Opted for fix #1. No change noticed. Taking car back tomorrow (8/18) to address tranny issue again and new issue: Filled up car yesterday, drove 62 miles and have less than 1/2 a tank of gas left, volt meter is pegged at 18 and when idling temp goes very high (Outdoor air temp was 74). Have owned 9 Buicks previously and all have absolutely great cars. NOT THIS ONE. Very dissappointed. Would not recommend until tranny issues are addressed."

Buick Enclave Review

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"Reliability and quality are checked as average, the vehicle is a new model and it's impossible for anyone to gauge long term reliability or overall build quality at this juncture. Perhaps the most impressive (and appreciated) feature of our Enclave is Quiet Tune. Auto makers have lost sight of the importance of a quiet cabin and smooth ride, fortunately Buick did not. The price is higher then we would have liked, but is certainly inline with the competition. All vehicles seem to be overpriced these days! The only advice we can share is based on the time we've owned the vehicle. I can say we've no regrets about our purchase and are enjoying the Enclave. It's difficult to express in words, but Enclave owners will understand this statement....It's a vehicle you want to get in and drive, particularly on extended trips."

Finally driving an American car

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Finally deciding to part with our BMW X5 was a hard thing for us to do. The reason we were looking for something different was because we needed a vehicle with a third row. OK, just for the record I absolutely REFUSE to drive a minivan so I didn't test drive any of those. But I'm pretty sure we test drove every vehicle that wasn't a minivan that offered a third row. I felt like Goldilocks. Some felt like you were driving a truck, some offered a third row that required that you be no more than four feet tall to be comfortable, and I was really starting to think this whole thing was hopeless. My husband convinced me to try the Enclave and finally there was a vehicle we could both agree on. The Enclave has a very quiet ride, a comfortable third row, all the bells and whistles and it's pretty too. We bought a CXL with all the options except AWD and the DVD player. There are only a few things I can complain about. First, it has the soft suspension of American cars. I guess I was just used to the X5, but at first it bothered me. Of course, along with that softer suspension comes a softer, more comfortable ride in the second and third rows (the X5 was not comfy in the second row). The other thing is that when you use the automatic close on the back liftgate, it usually doesn't close hard enough for the sensor to turn off the interior lights. The door is closed, but the lights stay on. The last thing is that the tire pressure sensor on one of the tires is wrong. It constantly tells us that the tire has low pressure when it absolutely does not! Apparently the sensor needs to be reset at the dealership - no big deal, I just have to find time to do it. Overall, we're happy with this vehicle. We're moving so we're going to need AWD and we're planning on switching this one out for another Enclave."

A reliable "American" car

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "price, space, quality, look"

Cons: "auxiliary jack location, old fashioned key"

"I bought my Enclave about 1 year ago. I chose it over the similar GMC Acadia because I liked the look of the Buick better and it had a slightly better warranty and specs. I have had only one minor problem since my purchase. The cap of my roof rack has flown off my car twice for some unknown reason. Both times the dealership replaced the part, and the second time, made sure it would not come off again. My only complaint would be the location of the auxiliary jack for mp3 players. It is located on the dash instead of in the more convenient center console like many other vehicles. Also, it would be nice if this vehicle had a push button start or a "keyfob" instead of the old fashioned key. (I guess the old fashioned key is due to this vehicle being targeted more at older generations than me) The great feature of the Enclave is the amount of space it has inside. A 6 foot tall adult can sit in the 3rd row comfortably and the seats fold down to create a flat surface. Also, the ride is quiet and smooth and the finishes look very nice. I have always hated wood grained interiors because they looked cheap and fake to me until I saw the wood grain on the Enclave. I loved it. There is also a bit of a blind spot but it is no worse than the blind spot I noticed in other similar SUVs. Overall, this is a great vehicle for someone looking for a larger SUV/crossover that still feels like driving a car."

has a great ride, very smooth.

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "go's great in the snow."

Cons: "no cons"

"i own this 2008 buick enclave cxl, which we bought new when it first came out.this vehicle still turns a lot of heads and you can't tell it from a new model. It has a very smooth ride and the bose sound system,plus the hid blue headlights are great. without a doubt i would purchase this vehicle again."

A pleasure to drive

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "quiet, comfortable, value, space, fit and finish"

Cons: "no push button start, no adjustable liftgate"

"The Enclave is so darn quiet. It is amazing how even at highway speeds, you can listen to the radio at low levels or have a conversation with passengers without talking over road noise. 2nd row captains chairs is a great convenience and adds easy access to 3rd row. Nice space between the two chairs for "stuff" if you have kids who want their space and gear close by. Two biggest drawbacks are no push-button start and no adjustable height on the lift gate. Hopefully for future models. This is a great alternative to a mini-van, a much better ride height for great visibility and seating comfort. Driving at night is great as the headlights really go far into the distance and give you a good sense of your surroundings."

Love it, getting another one.

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Lot of vehicle and style for the money."

"In Laws keep asking about it. Enclave has lots of room, yet as good milage as thier smaller import. Even with all the seats up, room to put groceries in back. (Power lift gate nice.) Enclave looks nicer than thier import too, both inside and out. Only towed with it a couple of times, but Enclave performed much better than other vehicles have towed with. Priced like the low-mid range imports, delivers like the high end."

Comfort and Safety Galore!!

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"This is one of the finest GM vehicles ever! Stable as a rock, SOOO comfortable to drive long distances, all the entertainment goodies, 23.4 MPG on a highway hauling 6000 pounds! Two years of ownership, and 48K miles later, I want another one. Ming Blue with leather; it's gorgeous! Only service requirement has been oil changes in 2 years! WOW! Eat your heart out Lexus!"

ride is better than the Mercedes i traded in

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "passenger seat s/b 8 way instead of 6 It would only peanuts more. Big mistake"

"It is a great car and one of the few that an adult can sit comfortably in the third seat. The 3rd seat is a joke in many of todays vehicles. I have had zero problems in 4yrs and 84,000 miles"

Favorite car i have EVER owned

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pros: "Great power , Strong body, Beautiful"

Cons: "gas milage, but then again it is very heavy (20mpg"

"I bought this SUV almost a year and a half ago and im happy with it. I live in Canada and it snowed here alot, but that was no problem for the enclave, it has a amazingly comfortable ride and when you need the power the 3.66l V6 is actually enough. i think the gas mileage is poor but its a really heavy car and its a luxury SUV. i also got 0 percent interest on my lease which was great. Also compared to any other Luxury SUV its less expensive its also a very safe car"

Best vehicle I've ever owned! Drives itself.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"I absolutely love my Enclave! The backup camera is great! It helps me park as well as keeping people behind my vehicle safe. The seats are comfortable and roomy for my 6'3" husband. It is the elite of the elite! Highly recommended!"

Buick got it right

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"We purchased a CXL2 last year and loved it. Last month, my husband was driving it when an unlicensed driver ran a red light at a high rate of speed, totalling our Enclave. The entire front end was destroyed, but my husband walked away w/o only a bruise and scratches from the airbag. The interior of the car remained largely unscathed. It is one thing to read about a 5 star safety rating and Onstar features, but quite another to have to depend on them. The insurance adjuster and the body shop tech were amazed at how well this vehicle performed in such a serious collision. This vehicle is not only safe but luxurious and fun to drive - we are purchasing our replacement Enclave this afternoon. I can recommend this vehicle w/o hesitation. The only thing I don't like about it is the area under the 2nd row captain's chairs - there are little open tracks so the seats can slide/adjust (which is nice), but sometimes my kids drop things down into those areas & we have to be careful. I think I'll get some floormats to cover those areas in our new one!"

Big Blue II

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"An Update: Purchased In July '07, we now have over 18k miles on this vehicle. Things we love about our Enclave: -It's so quiet -Incredible audio/visual toys (Bose!) -Comfortable beyond belief -It's mechanical eye-candy in motion! -Sooooo sure-footed in bad weather -Easy to drive -The absolute BEST GPS out there! -OnStar--all by itself, OnStar is a GREAT suite of services and tools! Big Blue is a corporate vehicle, and I drive it round-trip from DC to Boston (nearly 600 miles one-way) several times a month. I am never tired when I arrive, and I almost always drive straight through. It holds everything, and my clients are always impressed with the ride and comfort. I am actually hand-washing this thing like some teenager! I love this vehicle, and the folks in Delta-Township in Michigan deserve HUGE kudos for this American masterpiece!"

Minivan Mistress

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "ride, style, auto liftgate, remote start.. Onstar"

Cons: "not as spacious as a minvan..but more stylish"

"Perfeect SUV to cheat on my 05 HOnda Odyssey. Traded in a Dogage Caravan for the 2012 Buick Enclave.. and so did 2 other familes while we were at teh dealership. 1st trip after owning for 2 weeks was to Oralando,Fl.. and the ride was awesome. So smooth and quiet.. cruising @ 80mph @ 2K RPM.. kept hwy mpg @ 25'ish..and smooth. looking at getting another one. and trading in the HOnda"

LUXURY AT IT'S BEST

By on Saturday, June 30, 2007

"THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST VEHICLE GM HAS EVER MADE. BEAUTIFUL LINES. EXCELLENT RIDE AND COMFORT. JUST WONDERFUL"

One of the Best Rides for Long-Distance Drives

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, quiet, quality build, reliability"

Cons: "Options make it pricey very quickly."

"We bought this vehicle for only one purpose - for use on long drives which my wife and I defined as anything over 150 miles. It is an excellent choice for that. The rides is supremely comfortable and quiet. My son-in-law described it once as almost like being in a private jet. Well, not quite. I've been on private jets and those are in a different class. But I knew what he meant - the vehicle feels luxurious, spacious and solid. Oftentimes, it is just my wife and I traveling but we do appreciate the roomy cargo space especially when the third row of seats is folded down. If you do have extra passengers the 2nd and 3rd rows are easy to get in and out of - the second row seats slide forward and back. The climate controls, front and back are excellent. Our vehicle has FWD but it still gives us good traction in the snow. We drove through a blizzard once for about 100 miles and the Buick did just fine. As for its looks, I think it looks classy and timeless which is probably why Buick has kept its basic design for 10 years at least. As for reliability, we've driven it for 77,000 with major hassles thus far. The freon in the air conditioning unit had to be reloaded after 5 tough summers, the service engine light once went on but we determined it was because of something that minor engine misfire after sitting in our verybcold garage, unused for 2 months. And it is only now that we are having to consider changing the OEM Michelin tires. Assuming Buick has maintained its quality standards, I would not hesitate buying another Enclave."

excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"We love the Buick Enclave. The only exception is the "shift performance" and fuel economy. First, the six speed shifts up to a higher gear too soon (especially when going up an incline) which results in a "drag" on the engine. Overall, it shifts up and down too frequently. I assume the tranmission is programed this way to achieve maximum fuel economy. However, the fuel economy is far below the advertised 24 MPG highway. In summary the poor transmission performance and poor fuel economy has resulted in my lower rating in the area of performance and overall rating."

A WOW!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"GM has looked like a real mover in the market and I think this is one example of the quality they are capable of. I have driven all the vehicles in this class and this is the best overall!"

the best SUV in its class on the market. Love it

By on Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pros: "GREAT ROAD HANDLING, QUITE INTERIOR."

Cons: "THE DRIVER SEAT COULD BE MADE MORE COMFY"

"I purchased this vehicle brand new- CXL AWD WHITE DAIMOND TRICOAT- after looking at the ACURA, FORD, TOYOTA, HONDA, MERCEDES AND VOLVO. The Enclave was superb over the competitors period!!. I have not had any problems with it. Excellent reliability, low maintenance cost compared to my Jaguar Van Der Plas edition. The ON STAR navigation assistance comes very handy, and the GPS had not failed yet. If you are looking for a great family car for long road trips consider the ENCLAVE. kudos GM!!!"

Be Careful with this Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "roomy, comfortable to drive, heated seats,"

Cons: "back seats too low for my sons(6 ft tall), transmission,"

"Purchased my 2008 Enclave CXL AWD in 2008 and have 70K miles. I have had many problems with it. At 600 miles the engine needed to have major repair work done since it would not accelerate at all. Then driving to Boston at 60K miles got a message on Dash, transmission overheating. Had to pull over and let it cool. Called Onstar to run diagnostics on it, and they identified a transmission issue. Brought it in and after them having it for 2 weeks finally go it back. Then at 68K miles got the dreaded engine light, and while driving the car would not go out of 2nd gear. Back to the dealership again and low and behold a sensor went in the trani. Car shifts poorly, up and down during the driving experience. VERY FRUSTRATING. Otherwise I do like other things about it. Very roomy, as I have 2 kids in college, can haul alot. Looking to offload this car before it becomes a money pit out of my pocket. All work has been under warranty, but getting close to the 100K limit."

A big win for GM

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"Finally a GM car for the modern family, that doesn't look like something my Dad would buy. This car has great styling, luxury comfort, and great performance too. I would buy it all over again."