2008 Buick Enclave

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

has a great ride, very smooth.

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "go's great in the snow."

Cons: "no cons"

"i own this 2008 buick enclave cxl, which we bought new when it first came out.this vehicle still turns a lot of heads and you can't tell it from a new model. It has a very smooth ride and the bose sound system,plus the hid blue headlights are great. without a doubt i would purchase this vehicle again."

A pleasure to drive

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "quiet, comfortable, value, space, fit and finish"

Cons: "no push button start, no adjustable liftgate"

"The Enclave is so darn quiet. It is amazing how even at highway speeds, you can listen to the radio at low levels or have a conversation with passengers without talking over road noise. 2nd row captains chairs is a great convenience and adds easy access to 3rd row. Nice space between the two chairs for "stuff" if you have kids who want their space and gear close by. Two biggest drawbacks are no push-button start and no adjustable height on the lift gate. Hopefully for future models. This is a great alternative to a mini-van, a much better ride height for great visibility and seating comfort. Driving at night is great as the headlights really go far into the distance and give you a good sense of your surroundings."

Love it, getting another one.

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Lot of vehicle and style for the money."

"In Laws keep asking about it. Enclave has lots of room, yet as good milage as thier smaller import. Even with all the seats up, room to put groceries in back. (Power lift gate nice.) Enclave looks nicer than thier import too, both inside and out. Only towed with it a couple of times, but Enclave performed much better than other vehicles have towed with. Priced like the low-mid range imports, delivers like the high end."

Best Ever

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I have had lots of luxury vehicles incl Cadillac, and Lexus. This Enclave is the best yet in terms of performance, style , and comfort. Would get another hands down."

Comfort and Safety Galore!!

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"This is one of the finest GM vehicles ever! Stable as a rock, SOOO comfortable to drive long distances, all the entertainment goodies, 23.4 MPG on a highway hauling 6000 pounds! Two years of ownership, and 48K miles later, I want another one. Ming Blue with leather; it's gorgeous! Only service requirement has been oil changes in 2 years! WOW! Eat your heart out Lexus!"

Favorite car i have EVER owned

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pros: "Great power , Strong body, Beautiful"

Cons: "gas milage, but then again it is very heavy (20mpg"

"I bought this SUV almost a year and a half ago and im happy with it. I live in Canada and it snowed here alot, but that was no problem for the enclave, it has a amazingly comfortable ride and when you need the power the 3.66l V6 is actually enough. i think the gas mileage is poor but its a really heavy car and its a luxury SUV. i also got 0 percent interest on my lease which was great. Also compared to any other Luxury SUV its less expensive its also a very safe car"

Best vehicle I've ever owned! Drives itself.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"I absolutely love my Enclave! The backup camera is great! It helps me park as well as keeping people behind my vehicle safe. The seats are comfortable and roomy for my 6'3" husband. It is the elite of the elite! Highly recommended!"

Buick got it right

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"We purchased a CXL2 last year and loved it. Last month, my husband was driving it when an unlicensed driver ran a red light at a high rate of speed, totalling our Enclave. The entire front end was destroyed, but my husband walked away w/o only a bruise and scratches from the airbag. The interior of the car remained largely unscathed. It is one thing to read about a 5 star safety rating and Onstar features, but quite another to have to depend on them. The insurance adjuster and the body shop tech were amazed at how well this vehicle performed in such a serious collision. This vehicle is not only safe but luxurious and fun to drive - we are purchasing our replacement Enclave this afternoon. I can recommend this vehicle w/o hesitation. The only thing I don't like about it is the area under the 2nd row captain's chairs - there are little open tracks so the seats can slide/adjust (which is nice), but sometimes my kids drop things down into those areas & we have to be careful. I think I'll get some floormats to cover those areas in our new one!"

Big Blue II

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"An Update: Purchased In July '07, we now have over 18k miles on this vehicle. Things we love about our Enclave: -It's so quiet -Incredible audio/visual toys (Bose!) -Comfortable beyond belief -It's mechanical eye-candy in motion! -Sooooo sure-footed in bad weather -Easy to drive -The absolute BEST GPS out there! -OnStar--all by itself, OnStar is a GREAT suite of services and tools! Big Blue is a corporate vehicle, and I drive it round-trip from DC to Boston (nearly 600 miles one-way) several times a month. I am never tired when I arrive, and I almost always drive straight through. It holds everything, and my clients are always impressed with the ride and comfort. I am actually hand-washing this thing like some teenager! I love this vehicle, and the folks in Delta-Township in Michigan deserve HUGE kudos for this American masterpiece!"

Minivan Mistress

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "ride, style, auto liftgate, remote start.. Onstar"

Cons: "not as spacious as a minvan..but more stylish"

"Perfeect SUV to cheat on my 05 HOnda Odyssey. Traded in a Dogage Caravan for the 2012 Buick Enclave.. and so did 2 other familes while we were at teh dealership. 1st trip after owning for 2 weeks was to Oralando,Fl.. and the ride was awesome. So smooth and quiet.. cruising @ 80mph @ 2K RPM.. kept hwy mpg @ 25'ish..and smooth. looking at getting another one. and trading in the HOnda"

ride is better than the Mercedes i traded in

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "passenger seat s/b 8 way instead of 6 It would only peanuts more. Big mistake"

"It is a great car and one of the few that an adult can sit comfortably in the third seat. The 3rd seat is a joke in many of todays vehicles. I have had zero problems in 4yrs and 84,000 miles"

excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"We love the Buick Enclave. The only exception is the "shift performance" and fuel economy. First, the six speed shifts up to a higher gear too soon (especially when going up an incline) which results in a "drag" on the engine. Overall, it shifts up and down too frequently. I assume the tranmission is programed this way to achieve maximum fuel economy. However, the fuel economy is far below the advertised 24 MPG highway. In summary the poor transmission performance and poor fuel economy has resulted in my lower rating in the area of performance and overall rating."

A WOW!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"GM has looked like a real mover in the market and I think this is one example of the quality they are capable of. I have driven all the vehicles in this class and this is the best overall!"

LUXURY AT IT'S BEST

By on Saturday, June 30, 2007

"THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST VEHICLE GM HAS EVER MADE. BEAUTIFUL LINES. EXCELLENT RIDE AND COMFORT. JUST WONDERFUL"

the best SUV in its class on the market. Love it

By on Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pros: "GREAT ROAD HANDLING, QUITE INTERIOR."

Cons: "THE DRIVER SEAT COULD BE MADE MORE COMFY"

"I purchased this vehicle brand new- CXL AWD WHITE DAIMOND TRICOAT- after looking at the ACURA, FORD, TOYOTA, HONDA, MERCEDES AND VOLVO. The Enclave was superb over the competitors period!!. I have not had any problems with it. Excellent reliability, low maintenance cost compared to my Jaguar Van Der Plas edition. The ON STAR navigation assistance comes very handy, and the GPS had not failed yet. If you are looking for a great family car for long road trips consider the ENCLAVE. kudos GM!!!"

Be Careful with this Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "roomy, comfortable to drive, heated seats,"

Cons: "back seats too low for my sons(6 ft tall), transmission,"

"Purchased my 2008 Enclave CXL AWD in 2008 and have 70K miles. I have had many problems with it. At 600 miles the engine needed to have major repair work done since it would not accelerate at all. Then driving to Boston at 60K miles got a message on Dash, transmission overheating. Had to pull over and let it cool. Called Onstar to run diagnostics on it, and they identified a transmission issue. Brought it in and after them having it for 2 weeks finally go it back. Then at 68K miles got the dreaded engine light, and while driving the car would not go out of 2nd gear. Back to the dealership again and low and behold a sensor went in the trani. Car shifts poorly, up and down during the driving experience. VERY FRUSTRATING. Otherwise I do like other things about it. Very roomy, as I have 2 kids in college, can haul alot. Looking to offload this car before it becomes a money pit out of my pocket. All work has been under warranty, but getting close to the 100K limit."

A big win for GM

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"Finally a GM car for the modern family, that doesn't look like something my Dad would buy. This car has great styling, luxury comfort, and great performance too. I would buy it all over again."

Head Turner

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"We bought one of the first Enclaves available in May of 2007. We were drawn to it by its looks. Complete strangers walk up to us and ask questions and look it over. Its amazing. The vehicle is quiet, comfortable and handles well. No mechanical problems to date. We have found only two drawbacks. First, Buick should have upped the engine horsepower. Second, because of the high small rear window it is difficult to see when backing up. We did not get the backup warning system. I would recommend the vehicle and would buy it again if the clock were turned back. LJD"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "QUIET!!! Easy to drive."

Cons: "Cost of engine tune-up."

"The first picture I ever saw of the Enclave convinced me I was going to own one! It took me almost two years, but I finally made the purchase! It was the best decision I've ever made concerning automobiles. The car drives like a dream and is just as tight and quiet as the day I drove it off the dealers lot. All service records are up to date and the only people who have touched it, save for a new set of tires, are the technicians at the dealership where it was purchased. I would highly recommend this car to anybody who is interested in this type of vehicle. I can envision putting 250,000 miles on this car with no problem."

I will be sorry to see it go

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Good value, reasonable gas milage very reliable"

"I will soon be recieving my new TESLA S electric sedan. I have to sell this car that I have had for almost 4 years and really am sorry to lose it. It drives like a luxury car, but acts like a truck. With plenty of room for people and things it covers all the needs one could have for transportation. Love it would keep it if I could."

Love this vehicle

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Perfect for both dailly driving and road trips."

Cons: "MPG and not much get up and go"

"Only complaint is the gas mileage is only about 20mpg. Way better than most SUV's this size but still wish it was better. Otherwise its comfortable, reliable and stylish. Mine is fully loaded and I love all the features."

Good Vehicle BUT

By on Sunday, November 9, 2008

"I've owned this vehicle for eight weeks now. Overhaul, the Enclave is a good ride. However, after ten tanks of gas, I have not come close to even the city MPG rating of 16 let alone the 22 MPG highway claim. I am averaging 14.5 MPG driving 25 miles a day which is mostly interstate driving. My Yukon Denali gas hog averaged 13.5 MPG. The Bose sound system is adequate but my Denali Bose system was better. I do like the ride but I am not happy about the gas results."

This is my third Enclave , 08 ,10 ,12 ,Love it

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Great power, great seats and a pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Too much chrome on instument panels , sun reflects"

"This is a great road car, carries every thing , great for loads and seating for 6 . I have traveled in a variety of conditions in the 3 Enclaves I have had so far , it is excellent on the road, average 21.5 MPG and can get 22 to 23 if speed is lower. Fully loaded it went up Rocky mountains with ease, it has great power to pass and is very responsive when you hit the gas. The tire wear is minimal , the reliability has been great . I am thinking of a forth car identical to the other 3 now. We had 2 Mercedes SUV prior to the first Enclave , this car is better in every way the comfort of the ride and quiet cabin are out standing features followed closely by a strong responsive engine. I have driven this car from coast to coast several times alone, and I can put in 14 to 16 hour days driving and be comfortable all day long."

After buying my first Enclave I am giving GM a 10!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Easy handling, beautiful styling, plus safety !"

Cons: "Getting about 26 mpg but this is a big vehicle!"

"The premier Buick Enclave is attractive, luxurious, and a sensible option for a former Montana van owner. This SUV is easy to drive and very quiet on the road. The leather seats are comfortable and the armrests and headrests seem to fit riders well. The accessibility to the rear seats is excellent and the Bose sound system is pleasant. I have driven Cadillacs that were not this well appointed! Bravo Buick! I also noted this vehicle won the best medium size suv title this year."

Best vehicle I've driven

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Quality, Comfort, Reliability, Space, Features"

Cons: "Low MPG, High cost for tires and maintenance"

"I bought my 2008 Enclave in 2010 and I've enjoyed driving it. It has more than enough space for my family of four and our two dogs. The features in the CXL are great. It's been the most reliable and comfortable car I've owned and I usually get a new car every two years. I've held on to this one because it's been such an amazing vehicle. I am down-sizing now because my husband just bought an SUV and we don't need two. Because I'm so pleased with the quality, I'm switching to the Buick Lacrosse. I highly recommend the Enclave if you can handle the low MPG."