2001 Buick Century

8.4

Based on 547 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

Reliable and Faster than you think!

By on Monday, August 1, 2016

Pros: "Reliable and great on distance highway trips"

Cons: "not attractive and wobbly suspension"

"I bought my 2004 Century base in 2012 used for $3800 from a private owner. It had 103k when purchased now has 154k and no mechanical issues since I've had it! Since ownership I've changed the brakes twice, all four struts, the sway bar, and the engine mount. All were cheap maintenance repairs and the parts for this car are so cheap. The initial acceleration isn't great but once it gets up to speed, its pretty darn fast with 175hp. I've been able to smoke a lot of the newer economy cars. This car really shines during highway distance trips. My passengers always compliment the smooth comfortable ride and the engine still sounds strong. Cons: City/town handling is just average and the car is very wobbly and lacks confidence around corners. The dashboard buttons are poor quality and pop off. The radio sound has too much static. It's not an attractive vehicle, looks like an old person car. I can afford to upgrade but it doesn't seem like they make newer cars as reliable as the older ones. And its hard to find a V6 in a newer car that doesn't break the bank. I will keep my ugly car as long as its reliable."

Reliable Car

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"I bought this car with 120,000 miles. It now has over 180,000 with no signs of slowing down. Extremely good gas mileage for size of the car. Achieved 36 mpg on highway a few times! Very spacious. Sizable trunk. The smaller V6 has a generous amount of torque. Have owned two Buicks. Would probably still have the first if it wasn't stolen! Viva la Buick!"

Solid Car

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"I bought my 2000 Century used in '06. Being young and looking for a relatively inexpensive car to get me to and from work, this seemed like a good deal. I've had some minor issues (cup holder broke, heat/AC knob fell off, visor mirror flap no longer stays closed). While, annoying, not huge problems. It drives pretty well in the snow, which was important as I live in upstate NY. It's heavy enough that I don't slide around easily as I would in a smaller car. As long as I keep my tires maintained this is actually a good snow car. Big problem last winter when the heat stopped working - blower motor gave out. That, however, has been my priciest non-routine maintenance fee so far, so I guess I can't complain too much. My horn also stopped working at one point. The car is 8 years old, so I can't expect it to run like new forever. It's also getting up there in miles (106,000). Overall this car has served me well. As long as routine maintenance is done there have been no real problems. My biggest complaint is that it's a larger vehicle than I would have liked in a car - but then, I knew that going into the purchase so it's a complaint of my own fault."

Bought 3 Centurys

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"I've owned a lot of cars, but I've bought three of these in the past, which means I'm very pleased. Comfortable, spacious, good gas mileage for a larger car, and not bad to look at either, with the right accessories. Each of my Centurys have ran into the 160,000+mile brakcet before I sold them, and I still see them around. Reliable, and Inexpensive to maintain/buy. A great car from Buick."

I Love my Buick

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"I love my Buick. I have had it for 7 years. It has been a very reliable car. I have had to replace intake gasket, and motor for power window, and fuel injector. it was pretty cheap to fix or at least not outragous. The dealership said the intake gasket is the first to go out on these cars. my car has over 200,000 miles on it now and is still running pretty good. I am curentley looking for a new car but I am still going to keep my buick for a 3rd car (we also have a van). It is a great car I would recommend it to anyone. Buy Buick and get a great car"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Century near Honolulu. See local deals