1998 Buick Century

8.4

Based on 548 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

Solid Car

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"I bought my 2000 Century used in '06. Being young and looking for a relatively inexpensive car to get me to and from work, this seemed like a good deal. I've had some minor issues (cup holder broke, heat/AC knob fell off, visor mirror flap no longer stays closed). While, annoying, not huge problems. It drives pretty well in the snow, which was important as I live in upstate NY. It's heavy enough that I don't slide around easily as I would in a smaller car. As long as I keep my tires maintained this is actually a good snow car. Big problem last winter when the heat stopped working - blower motor gave out. That, however, has been my priciest non-routine maintenance fee so far, so I guess I can't complain too much. My horn also stopped working at one point. The car is 8 years old, so I can't expect it to run like new forever. It's also getting up there in miles (106,000). Overall this car has served me well. As long as routine maintenance is done there have been no real problems. My biggest complaint is that it's a larger vehicle than I would have liked in a car - but then, I knew that going into the purchase so it's a complaint of my own fault."

Bought 3 Centurys

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"I've owned a lot of cars, but I've bought three of these in the past, which means I'm very pleased. Comfortable, spacious, good gas mileage for a larger car, and not bad to look at either, with the right accessories. Each of my Centurys have ran into the 160,000+mile brakcet before I sold them, and I still see them around. Reliable, and Inexpensive to maintain/buy. A great car from Buick."

I Love my Buick

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"I love my Buick. I have had it for 7 years. It has been a very reliable car. I have had to replace intake gasket, and motor for power window, and fuel injector. it was pretty cheap to fix or at least not outragous. The dealership said the intake gasket is the first to go out on these cars. my car has over 200,000 miles on it now and is still running pretty good. I am curentley looking for a new car but I am still going to keep my buick for a 3rd car (we also have a van). It is a great car I would recommend it to anyone. Buy Buick and get a great car"

Pretty good car

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Has been reliable, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Little things prone to going out, can be $ pit"

"I've had this car for 7 years, haven't had to fix a ton on it but it has its issues now. Odometer lights burnt out, blinkers keep going out, window not staying up, gas gage doesn't work, back middle seat belt doesn't work and now the ball joints are going. All started within the last year so besides that it hasn't had many issues. I'm overall satisfied, basic interior could be better, comfy & safe."

Good vehicle--really reliable

By on Saturday, October 5, 2013

Reason: Rust issues

"Nice "heavy" car...good in snow..very reliable...had to sell as rocker panels and undercarriage were overtaken by rust and would cost a lot to fix and maintain after brake lines broke...would buy one again..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Century near Honolulu. See local deals