2012 BMW Z4

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Serious mechanical problems . . .

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Reason: Mechanical Problems

Pros: "Beautiful body design."

Cons: "Lots of mechanical and electrical problems."

"Lifters replaced TWICE since purchased, fuel pump replaced, brakes repaired several times, starter replaced, climate control panel replaced, OEM tires very loud and hunt on the road, adaptive headlights repaired, lots of squeaks and rattles. I will never, ever buy another BMW Z4. I must say the BMW dealerships have been very helpful trying to get things repaired properly . . . too bad, I do like the design of the body but mechanically and electrically it has lots of problems."

What a sport car should be!

By on Thursday, July 2, 2015

Pros: "I truly enjoy driving this car."

Cons: "No complaints and no use for the cup holder!!"

Fresh from the dealership

"Since the mid-sixties I have owned several roasters up to the present including a 1997 Z3 5 speed soft top that ran trouble free all the years I drove it. In 2011 I traded it for a new BMW (E93) 335is coupe/convertible needing extra room for the wife and two Jack Russell Terriers. In the interim I missed having an open air roaster hence the Z4 35is factory direct in Glacier Silver that now has 2600 miles. The Z4 drives and handles superbly retaining all the qualities of an open air roaster. So if you’re not into stiff suspensions and road tire nose so common to roasters this is not the car for you. Don't get me wrong these are great cars, well built and my BMW dealer stands behind it. But it's still a roadster and not a car for those who are more interested in technology and ride comfort unwilling to compromise for the open road this vehicle excels at, it’s made to be driven. This is what a sports car should be."

Fresh from the dealership

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

"BMWs are great cars with great service"

love this car!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "beuty.gas milge.hard top.awsme inter(wood).lge nav"

"I leased this car, now plan to buy it...excellnt car,fun to drive reliable, and gas mileage....36miles to gallon coming back from vegas! Fit and finish great..navi great with big screen! And all of this with the best part....when you put the top down..gorgeous....poetry in motion!! Who cares about cupholders!"

BMW, what were they thinking?

By on Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pros: "Looks and Driving Fun"

Cons: "No spare tire, outdated technology package"

"I fully enjoy the look and drive of this car. It is amazingly fun to drive and it turns heads in the looks department. Several things annoy and disappoint me, however. I do not feel comfortable taking this car on short (300 mile) trips, no spare tire. Yes, it has run flat tires (difficult to replace) but after you get to a rest stop on a turnpike, then what? Wait and wait for a flat bed truck to tow you to where ever for a tire? Very time consuming and it stops a fun trip dead in it's tracks. Next, the navigation screen is not clear and crisp (as it is on my Acura) and does not change automatically when you cross into another time zone (as it does with my Acura). Then, no back=up camera, that's just sad. Additionally, the upgraded sound system is not good. I traded a 370Z on this car and it had a better (Bose) system. So many easy to correct errors and I fault myself for not doing my homework to find these things out before I bought this $70,000 car. I will just enjoy the car around town on nice days with the top down. My next car will not be a Z4."

Fnastatic, beautiful , fun to drive

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cons: "None. Limited trunk space but it's to be expected"

"Most fun I've had with any car I've owned including a number of Porsches and BMW M3's. Hard top gives you great security unlike a soft-top convertible. The ability to adjust the driving dynamics means the car is a great highway cruiser and instantly switch to a very competent, fast sports car that will easily keep up with other high end sports cars. There are very few of these on the road so it gets a lot of looks. Lot of people give it a thumbs up or say that it's a great ride. Expensive when bought new but a great deal when purchased on a used basis. Life doesn't get any better than cruising thru Napa or Sonoma County on a warm day with the top down."

Great Car, but BMW will not stand behind it

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Reason: Poor Quality

Pros: "Great driving experience on good roads"

Cons: "Terrible build quality and BMW support"

"I bought this car a few years back and put about 45,000 miles on it. This is a sports car. You feel every inch of the road and when the road is good, this is a great thing. When the roads are rough, this is a bad, very bad thing. The interior of the car is well laid out and comfortable, but I would not say it is luxurious. The seats are great for long drives and overall feel of the car is high end. The real issue with the car is that because it is a sports car, it gets banged around a great deal over rough roads. In the last year, one strut cracked, a wheel cracked, the top stopped working, the muffler started to rattle and the climate control began to buzz. This is all with less than 50k miles. It was monumental struggle to get BMW to cover the wheel (which had already been recalled in the UK)and strut under warranty and they flat out refused to cover the top, muffler and climate control saying they were all normal wear products. The convertible top? Anyway, sold it this week and bought a Mercedes SL550."

The 2010 Z4 Sdrive35i is one to keep

By on Sunday, February 1, 2015

Pros: "Design, handling, it is a hard top convertible"

Cons: "Not very good on gas when driven aggressively"

"I purchased my '10 Z4 with 5K miles on in 2010; it has the sports package, leather, navigation, and 7speeds. I have it as a second vehicle. I love the way this car handles, its design is timeless, and after 5 years it turns heads. Not to mention that it is not a high volume seller, and so it is also rather exclusive. I have had a couple of minor issues with it: one of the headlights had to be replaced and the roof leaked once during a heavy storm. Both problems were quickly and successfully resolved by the dealer. I love convertibles, but hate the vulnerability and rather short life of the soft tops. Hard top mechanisms have proved to be reliable so far."

Excellent car!

By on Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pros: "Looks, hard top convertible, handling"

Cons: "Cup holder position (for those who use it)"

"I bought my Z435i bmer on December of 2010 with 5000 miles on it. It's got the sports package, navigation, and is blk on blk. I have it as a second car, not as a commuter. The car's only issue has been a small leak in one of the folding top joints, which was quickly and successfully repaired by the dealer back in 2012. It drives like new, and even after five years, people comment on it."

My second Z4 & 3rd Beemer

By on Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pros: "A very economical sports car overall."

Cons: "Won't seat 5 people!"

"A dream to drive. Just goes & goes - quickly! Z4's also nicely accommodate the large & tall."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z4 near Honolulu. See local deals