1999 BMW Z3

9.3

Based on 277 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Love this automobile!

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive. Classic looks."

Cons: "Interior trim should be better. $$ to repair."

Bullet

"I purchased my Z from a private owner, it only had 32,000 miles on it. I had never owned a convertible, never owned a BMW, and never thought I would drive something that small. Let me tell you,, the first time I drove the car, top down and press on the gas, all my doubts went away. The feeling is incredible. Yes there are little things I wish were better,, the seats, some of the interior trim but overall this is one fine automobile. It is not my primary auto, and just rolled over 61k, it's killing me slowly to see the miles go up. Before buying I debated a Z4 and I am so glad I went with the Z3. The lines and curves on the Z3 adds character that the 4 simply does not have. Look at well maintained Z3's and look at newer Z4's,, the Z4 ages,, the Z3 is timeless. The only way this auto would separate from me is if BMW created another with similar body lines and curves. Bullet is 16 years old and turns heads everywhere I go. I would recommend anyone to get one. However,, they are expensive to repair, so if you are on a budget you might not want to go this route."

Bullet

If you have to buy just one sport car...

By on Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pros: "Perfect looks & handling, crazy fun to drive"

Cons: "I should have waited this long to buy one."

"...this should be your choice. I've had my Z3 with only 2200 miles since new for two months and I just love the car. It's mellow when you want it and turns all Gun's and Roses when the mood hits you. It seems so very sophisticated combining comfort and quiet with handling well beyond my driving skills. You can literally drive this car all day without taking any kind of a beating. It's a cruiser when needed. The build quality is tremndous. BMW put forth a great effort in making the car both elegant, simple yet its seems precision is BMW's calling. Obviously, reliability is yet to be determined since it's so new and new to me but this car is so rewarding I don't think being disappointed is likely. I wanted a Z3 since 1996. I do not recommend the rest waiting that long just driving another Toyota."

A Beautiful German Girl....

By on Saturday, June 18, 2016

Pros: "Milage, comfort, handling. Awesome fun factor."

Cons: "She's no family car."

"Best car I've ever owned. Solid handling, the 1.9 engine gives me fantastic milage, fast as I ever need to go and built like a little tank. 20 years old and she still turns heads, runs like a gold watch. Buy one while they're still cheap!"

Z3 is a Great Car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Very Sturdy. I've been rear ended twice and I was surprised at how solid this little car really is. Although I wouldn't want to experiment with a side crash. The Z3 will turn on a rail and overall it handles quite well. The body style is a classic and you will either love it or hate it (I loved it). It's very dependable, but when it needs to be repaired, it is going to cost you if you are not mechanically inclined. I was always able to find parts online much cheaper than a dealer or secondary mechanic would charge me. It is basic on its comfort. Seats are nicely done, but designed for more of a sporty look and feel - vs - a luxury / comfort feel. I would recommend purchasing one with a manual transmission. This car is zippy and performs much better as a manual transmission than an automatic. LOTS OF FUN!! Overall, great vehicle. In my book it gets 5 stars. I love it and will keep it (as my two middle boys are both laying claim to it someday)."

James Bond was right!

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"The classic lines of this car will never go out of style. Interior fit and finish leave a little to be desired, but a push on the gas pedal and you don't care. The 2.5 L 6cyl. has a power band as wide as the Mississippi! Smooth and solid all the way to the govenor shutdown at 128 mph. No end to the compliments I recieve. Pricey when new, so get a good used one. Picked mine up with 60k below $15k. Go get one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW Z3 near Honolulu. See local deals