2011 BMW X5

8.0

Based on 201 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Stylish ride, not ideal for 4+ families

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I originally leased a '06 BMW X5 which I loved. So I purchased an 07 X5 when new body came out without hesitation. For some reason, this one gave me many problems after 1200 miles including navigation error, check engine light, coolant leakage, etc. Everything was covered under warranty so luckily I didn't have to pay a penny but it was in the shop for too many times for too long. It's surprising because my previous X5 had no problems. Overall, I'm happy with the car's look, drive and functionality but it isn't ideal for families of 4 or more. Very little room and I always felt cramped in this car. It may be a good choice for people without big families because it does drive nice like typical BMWs."

great car for people who are swtiching from sedan

By on Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Drives like a sports car, very good handling and responce. Lots of power (4.8 model) I was only in the shop once due to faulty wireing harness and was given exact car as a loaner for 1 week while the issue was fixed. I would recommend it. I would also recommnend investing ~4000$ in 100K extanded warranty to make sure you can enjoy this car after 50K warranty expires."

An amazing drivers car.

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pros: "Best driving SUV/SAV ever"

Cons: "Not cheap"

"After almost 5 years, still brings that "I love this car" experience. It is NOT a truck and shudder when it is referred to as such, but rather a very capable long distance, high speed cruiser. Even with the 5.0i I get well over 20 MPH on the highway even when traveling 75+. If you appreciate the driving experience they are perfect. If you don't care, get a MB or Lexus."

Leased 2 BMW X-5's

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"My 2008 4.8is is considerably nicer than my previous 2003 4.6i X-5. CONS: Break pads/sensors wear out (now on 3rd set). Poor gas mileage (12.5/13.0). Expensive 20" run-flats ($2,500 to replace at 15K miles), run-flats are unstable & rigid after normal wear, BMW Assist is poorly responsive, 3rd-row seats are impractical, tailgate lift issues (now corrected). PROS: Arguably most venerably attractive SUV, great resale value, what all luxury SUV's are compared to, amazing handling & performance, quiet interior, high quality fit & finish, improved I-Drive control, amazing sound system. BMW's lease maintenance program is excellent. Fields BMW Winter Park is excellent dealer (sales & service)."

good but not the best

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"This car handles great on the highway. It feels solid and like you are glued to the road. The biggest issue we have is with the navigation system. By the time you get the system to accept your input you are already at your destination. The backup camera takes a full 15 seconds to show an image. I get to see the road fade away as I drive forward. Voice recognition is horrible. My wife says" close navigation" It responds" loading CD. if we totally ignore this system the car is fine but for $54000 you expect a little more!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 near Honolulu. See local deals