2011 BMW X5 M

8.0

Based on 201 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Stylish ride, not ideal for 4+ families

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I originally leased a '06 BMW X5 which I loved. So I purchased an 07 X5 when new body came out without hesitation. For some reason, this one gave me many problems after 1200 miles including navigation error, check engine light, coolant leakage, etc. Everything was covered under warranty so luckily I didn't have to pay a penny but it was in the shop for too many times for too long. It's surprising because my previous X5 had no problems. Overall, I'm happy with the car's look, drive and functionality but it isn't ideal for families of 4 or more. Very little room and I always felt cramped in this car. It may be a good choice for people without big families because it does drive nice like typical BMWs."

great car for people who are swtiching from sedan

By on Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Drives like a sports car, very good handling and responce. Lots of power (4.8 model) I was only in the shop once due to faulty wireing harness and was given exact car as a loaner for 1 week while the issue was fixed. I would recommend it. I would also recommnend investing ~4000$ in 100K extanded warranty to make sure you can enjoy this car after 50K warranty expires."

An amazing drivers car.

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pros: "Best driving SUV/SAV ever"

Cons: "Not cheap"

"After almost 5 years, still brings that "I love this car" experience. It is NOT a truck and shudder when it is referred to as such, but rather a very capable long distance, high speed cruiser. Even with the 5.0i I get well over 20 MPH on the highway even when traveling 75+. If you appreciate the driving experience they are perfect. If you don't care, get a MB or Lexus."

Leased 2 BMW X-5's

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"My 2008 4.8is is considerably nicer than my previous 2003 4.6i X-5. CONS: Break pads/sensors wear out (now on 3rd set). Poor gas mileage (12.5/13.0). Expensive 20" run-flats ($2,500 to replace at 15K miles), run-flats are unstable & rigid after normal wear, BMW Assist is poorly responsive, 3rd-row seats are impractical, tailgate lift issues (now corrected). PROS: Arguably most venerably attractive SUV, great resale value, what all luxury SUV's are compared to, amazing handling & performance, quiet interior, high quality fit & finish, improved I-Drive control, amazing sound system. BMW's lease maintenance program is excellent. Fields BMW Winter Park is excellent dealer (sales & service)."

good but not the best

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"This car handles great on the highway. It feels solid and like you are glued to the road. The biggest issue we have is with the navigation system. By the time you get the system to accept your input you are already at your destination. The backup camera takes a full 15 seconds to show an image. I get to see the road fade away as I drive forward. Voice recognition is horrible. My wife says" close navigation" It responds" loading CD. if we totally ignore this system the car is fine but for $54000 you expect a little more!"

Best SUV on the road or track

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "have to get different tires for winter driving"

"I would recommend this car to anyone that wants the usefulness of a SUV with the performance of a super car"

Great for anyone, any age

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Expensive, but worth every cent"

"Reliable, stylish, luxurious, rugged, comfortable, technologically-advanced... the list goes on. Diesel offers great power; however, at times, the power wanted isn't there at the second it's needed, but within a half-second more, the diesel power"

Great ride, too bad for the idrive

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I owned this car for 2 years, and finally couldn't take all the problems with the iDrive anymore. About every 6 weeks, I took this back to the dealership. Great ride, very comfortable, (get the upgraded seats). I think the iDrive would have been ok, if I did not have the rear camera option. The camera seemed to always cause the iDrive to freeze. I sold this car after 2 years, and bought the new 5 series sedan. I have owned several BMW's, the best one I had was the old X5, without the iDrive, I wish I still ad that car...."

2009 x5 3.oi

By on Thursday, October 1, 2009

"I have owned this vehicle since Nov, 2008 and it's a great suv handles like a car which people have mentioned earlier but the fuel economy on the 3.0i is brutal in city driving with an epa of only 13.5 for me but it's odd because I don't race the vehicle that much at all I don't brake hard, I just drive normally. The seats are not too comfortable but hey this is a sporty suv meaning the seats will be uncomfortable. If you want comfort get the active ventilated seat package which is pricy but it's worth it and I would suggest everyone to go for the x5 3.5d Diesel version because the fuel economy is great and it has the power of a v8. Back to reviewing my vehicle, as for the performance wise the v6 in normal mode has slow acceleration so for the extra action and better power you need to keep it in sportmode which I recommend when you go on the highway."

Would buy this truck again.

By on Saturday, October 8, 2016

Pros: "Great engine and handling for a large SUV."

Cons: "Premium fuel, faux wood on dash."

"Purchased new in 2009 have not had any issues at all with this truck, other than routine maintenance (oil, filter, brake pads, etc...) cost has been minimal to maintain it. The V8 is stout and the handling for this sized truck is superb. Run flat tires got me home safely one night when I was over 30 miles away. Premium fuel unfortunately is a must for this beast. Interior's a little bland and the radio is annoying to use. Exterior is a big plus for me really like the halo headlights."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X5 M near Honolulu. See local deals