2013 BMW X3

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Awesome Car!

By on Saturday, December 2, 2017

Pros: "Fun Driving Experience, Handles Great, and Roomy"

Cons: "Wind noise is manageable but still annoying"

"Great handling, suspension, and excellent shifter. I wish there were leather seats that came standard with it because the seats that come stock are pretty tough and stiff. It is very quiet at low speeds and pretty quiet on the highway. One thing I dislike is the amount of wind noise that comes off the mirrors at higher speeds (over 60 mph) The Infotainment Screen is one of the best! I used to have a lexus RX350 and the BMW infotainment makes the lexus one seem like it was made by pre-schoolers. There is a reasonable amount of legroom and headroom in the backseat. I am almost 6 foot 4 and I am still reasonably comfy in the back. The trunk is superb! Low loading lip and there is a lot of space. The panoramic roof is definitely a MUST! It is great in the daytime or nighttime. If you put on crossbars even with no roof rack there is a TON of wind noise at medium-high speeds with the moonroof shade open so it can very annoying while on a long car ride with the shade open. Overall, this car is a solid 9/10 in my book. Since January when I got it there has been no mishaps or breakdowns. I have got the oil changed twice and everything has gone super smoothly. If you are looking for an affordable luxury SUV this should definitely be on your list."

Nice Upgrade

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"I currently own a 2011 BMW X3 and am very happy with my purchase. After looking for 6 months and driving numerous vehicle, I went BACK to BMW. I previously owned a 2008 BMW X3 and when the newer model came out, I couldn't help but jump on the "wagon". It spacier than the 08 model and looks a lot more luxuorous than ever before. It's a comfortable ride. My only complaint is what some cars come with their basic models, BMW adds it as an additional option making the car slightly more expensive for the additional perks than the rest. With that said, well worth the money as you can expect to have this car for a life time!"

Like my 2016 X3 35i more than my 2010 535i wagon

By on Saturday, June 18, 2016

Pros: "A fun but practical vehicle"

Cons: "Next generation X3 arrives in 2018"

"The 35i engine is smooth, powerful and well matched to the 8-speed transmission. I have averaged almost 25 mpg during my first 2800 miles. Front seats are firm but comfortable on my long 10+ hour trips to visit family. The ride is nicely controlled despite the run flat tires. My wife much prefers the X3 brakes and handling over her previous crossover. The X3 is generally quiet at highway speeds with an authoritative rumble from the exhaust when accelerated. I like the higher seating position than that in my 535i wagon. Drive Assistant (DA) and DA+ packages are worthwhile additions for safety. Cargo space is nicely shaped to accommodate the dog crates we often carry. Back seat is good for 2, but tight for 3 adults."

Plenty of sport, average utility

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pros: "Fast, quick handling, great driver position"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance items"

"I have the turbo and it is fast, when I want it. The Sport mode makes climbing hills with an automatic very smooth. Sport handling is good. This is my 5th BMW vehicle, including 2 motorcycles. As a daily driver the suspension is a little harsh, controls are just 'OK', seating for anyone other than the driver is tight. After 4 years I still fumble with the stupid turn signal stalk, the steering wheel blocks the view of several indicator lights, and several entertainment and car-control features are buried in menus. Two unforgivable flaws : 1) TPMS is sensitive to temperature and has been repaired multiple times. A lot of cars have figured this out...not BMW. 2) The water pump on X3's fails between 35K and 50K miles. And this has been a problem for years before 2012. It's become a regular maintenance item - a very expensive one."

The ultimate driving experience

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Luxury, Mileage, Convenience, Safety, and Control"

"Perfect balance, Perfect control, Awesome speed, Good Mileage, Perfect for a family of 4 and everything is attended to the minute detail possible. I am getting 30 miles per gallon if I drive at 60-65 miles/hour but gives only 16 miles per gallong in city due to stop and go traffic. Improvements: 1. Navigation - Even my $100 Garmin performs better. 2. Rear Brakes - Demands changing every 20-25K miles. 3. No Auto Headlights 4. Rear Side Airbags - At least as optional 5. Transmission lag (in the beginning if it is normal mode)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals