2012 BMW X3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great Performer, but Uncomfortable

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pros: "Perfected engine, transmission, suspension"

Cons: "Too much wind noise, very uncomfortable seats"

"Pros: 1.) The inline six is perfected and has way more power than is needed, while getting 28 MPG on mostly highway driving. 2.) The X3 handles and performs exceptionally. The transmission is perfect - it is always in the right gear. 3.) Very nice styling. Cons: 1.) The standard seats are very uncomfortable (no lumbar support on a $50K car?). For short trips it is fine, but after 45 minutes, it's better to rent a Kia. 2.) There is always a lot of wind noise in the car. 3.) HIDs are too bright and other cars are always flashing. 4.) No spare tire (so don't venture too far from civilization) BMW spend most of the engineering dollars perfecting the engine, transmission and suspension, but spent very little on interior comfort or air leaks."

The BMW of SUV...I love this vehicle

By on Monday, June 20, 2011

Pros: "driving dynamics, design, tons of technology and size"

Cons: "price, gas mileage --I average 19.4 in combined driving and brake dust builds up quickly on alloys."

"I spent 6 months deciding on what I was going to replace my 2005 Lexus RX330 with...I test drove the Lexus RX, M Benz GLK 350, Audi Q5, Cadillac SRX and decided to wait for the BMW. It's well designed, spacious, luxurious, tons of technology and a blast to drive. the 3.5 engine is as sweet as they come. Only downside, the technology takes a little getting used to and it's pricey when you add options--but they are all worth it. I love this vehicle!"

BMW all the way!

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "Comfort,Handling, Accelleration and Fuel econony"

Cons: "No Posted Speed Limit included With Navigation"

"I find the shifter to be odd but once you are familiar with it - it works well. The most annoying thing that may not be an issue for most is the navigation will not display the posted speed limit. This is quite surprising since it is a $1900 option. If I had known this I would have bought the technology option although I think this common item should be included in any navigation system. My $99 Garmin had it Our VW Golf Has it? The car is otherwise a BMW all the way that's is why I would like them to have this in their navigation system."

Great to drive - feels like a sports car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage - Handling - Looks - Looks"

"This is my first BMW. When I was shopping for a vehicle with these options, I found the price of the BMW was just a little more than most "American" SUV's. After driving the X3, wow - I wanted this car. Almost forgot: I get an average of 30 miles to the gallon - 4 cycle."

Better than 2012 Audi Q5 2.0T

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Radio volume placement."

"Traded my 2012 Q5 2.0T for BMW X3. Transmission is smooth and no jerking like the Q5. No issues at all. Run flat tires still have life at 21K. No squeaks and rattles. Towing hitch is completely removable. Everything about this car is great. Service and sales experience have been great. Two small improvements would be nice: I phone 6 does not connect to car for e-mail and texting. Cup holder with radio volume knob position causes you to put car into N. You will only do this once..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals