2012 BMW X3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Good but...

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "Good Looking"

Cons: "Expensive"

"Impressed with: Speed and maneuverability at highway speed. Look and style, I am proud of it. Not Impressed with: It has wheel alignment issue, been aligned 3 times over the life of the original tires. Tires are used up at 31k miles not to mention that these tires are not cheap at $340 each. Theres seem to be a hiccup on the initial acceleration, you have to very careful on the drive off. Rear door has to be slammed to close completely otherwise the sensor will let you know. The engine noise; My car is a 35I twin Turbo and the dealer told me its normal for the noise. Use of Premium gas only to give you an average of 21 miles a gallon."

Really an SAV, drives like a car,built like an SUV

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Good overall driving experience"

Cons: "Noisy, compact and pricey options."

"Wonderful driving experience. Acceleration is smooth and handling is effortless. The options ( panoramic moonroof, navigation, keyless entry, park assist, power liftgate etc) add to the experience and I found them worth every bit of the extra money spent ( many of them could be made standard) Great balance of power and efficiency. Have driven my X3 (28i) for about 2000 miles and am averaging 26.8 mpg with about 60% hwy miles. Space is adequate for a small family and the rear row seats my kid (6 yr old) comfortably. However, space ( 2nd row seating) could be a constraint for larger families. Also, I found the vehicle a little noisier than others and was disappointed that such a well made vehicle could not have been better insulated."

The Joy of Driving

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fuel economy, Look, iDrive, Luxury"

Cons: "Price, Middle rear seat has less leg room"

In the mountains

"I am truly satisfied with the performance of this car. From steering response, to agility, fuel economy and state of the art electronics - it is a true BMW. With the added options like huge panaromic moonfoof, parking sensors and cameras, navigation, parked car auto ventilation and so on, it's pure luxury meets performance. The top view of the car itself on the road with visible parking lines or nearby object is something I have not seen in any other car yet. There are just so many things I am happy about this car. But I think this one sentence captures it all: I become happy when I am in it"

My video

In the mountains

My Love

So much more fun to drive than others I've owned

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "joy of driving, attractive design inside and out"

Cons: "gas mileage, repair costs"

"I was lucky to find a low-mileage, used X3 with an odd configuration: no bells and whistles except just what I wanted: climate package and navigation, plus roof rails for my crossbars. That's all I wanted beyond the beautifully tuned 6-cylinder classic BMW engine and the 8-speed transmission that I think make this car special. I love driving this car, especially on winding, rural roads in the places in the northeast that I visit regularly. Aside from one major repair to a steering component, there have so far been no repairs -- just routine maintenance. I do think the extended service warranty to 100,000 miles, expensive as it is, may be worth it because, when a BMW starts getting older it gets much more expensive to take care of out of warranty. I'm lucky to own one of the last 6-cylinder xDrive28i cars. It should become a classic."

Love my 35i

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Handles great, fun to drive, power, power, power!"

Cons: "A few interior rattles"

"Owned the X3 for just over a year now and love every minute I'm in it. This vehicle handles like a dream and takes the twisties like a champ! Can't beat the power of the 35i. X3 performed beautifully in the snow and had no issues. I'd highly recommend this car to a friend!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals