2009 BMW X3

8.0

Based on 268 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Great SUV

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"I have owned my X3 since March 2004. It now has 75K miles on it. It is the 3.0 with the 6 speed manual. A truely great SUV. Having owned 5 different SUV's over the years (98 Passport, 02 Tribute, 02 Rav4, 01 Rav4, and 04 X3), the X3 drives like a tall sports car. I also presently own a 85 300ZX Turbo and a 93 300ZX NA and I still feel the X3 drives like a sports car. It is truely a drivers machine. I have had some issues with mine, DSC computer replacement, clutch at 28K miles, and complete replacement of the moonroof, all on warrantee. And an Air Bag computer replacement, powersteering hose blew off, both at my expense, and oil changes are $125. Also, my vinyl drivers seat side bolster started cracking at 51K miles and now has delaminated over a inch wide and 4 inches long. So I would not rank the X3 as high in quality as I thought BMW should be, But it is still a pleasure to drive it. Gets better gas mileage than any previous car I have owned with a steady average of 23.5 and a highway mileage of over 27 MPG. Tha Rav 4 at 1200 pounds lighter and 75 HP less gets only 20 MPG. Go figure??? I would recommend this SUV to anyone."

Solid Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "great quality, classy look for a SUV"

Cons: "steering is tight and hard when not rolling"

"I bought my X3 2.5 new and have really enjoyed it. This car is built like a tank. Everything has that tight German functional engineering. The steering is stiff and requires some effort when not fully up to speed. I would not want to parallel park this car daily. The 2.5 engine is fantastic on gas for a SUV and provides plenty of power. The ride is very SUV like, this is not a smooth luxury ride. But this car is fun to drive if you are looking for a SUV that handles like a sport car. This beast is incredible in the snow and just can't be stopped. I have had zero problems with it and would recommend it for someone looking for great build quality, fun driving, good on gas, classy looks."

Best Handling car, Handles as well as my Trans Am

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Best handling and most fun vehicle to drive."

Cons: "Not as reliable as you would like for the money."

"Although i have had some mechanical failures such as 4 wheel drive actuator motor, And a small oil leak. I would still recommend this car or SAV as they call it, to a person who wants the conveinence and room as a SUV that is great in snow whith its traction control (that is more advanced then any other i have driven)that can hold quite abit despite it smaller appearance, And you still have a vehicle that is insanely fun to drive. Their is not many other cars that have driven that have handled or have rode as well, inculding sports cars. If you like to have fun when you drive and want something you can drive all year. This is it. Nothng else comes close to doing both as well. This SAV was actually only second place to the Porsche Cayenne for bracking in 2004 when it was intraduced, And 2 stock X3's won the 2004 Alcan Winter Rally. Which is one of the hardest if not the hardest winter races, Any vehicle that can do that gets my vote."

Nice, zippy, compact SUV

By on Thursday, April 3, 2008

"We got the X3 the first year it came out. I was expecting there to be bugs and there was. The auto roll down feature on the front passenger side was on the fritz after a year and a half. The dealer took care of that and that was that. Everything else so far has been excellent. Driving dynamics on the X3 is without any comparison! It handles like a BMW sedan, not a heavy SUV! And the compact size makes maneuvering in traffic and parking in tight spaces a breeze. BMW's 4 year comprehensive maintenance program makes the cost of ownership after purchase relatively how. Highly recommended."

Past the dreaded 8yr old money pit

By on Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Pros: "Performance, handles well on fast tight corners"

Cons: "No keyhole on front passengers door"

"This is my 3rd BMW - 318IS, then 325XT wagon. I call them crack mobiles, once addicted tough to walk away from the performance rush, and an expensive habit. With the prior two, I have parted with them when they reach eight (8) years of age and become repair money pits (bring my husbands wallet). I have driven this 10.5yr old X3 eight (8) years. The past two years a few repairs were done; but, for me, not to the point where it is significant to justify replacing with monthly payments on a new vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals