2013 BMW X1

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Made for Me

By on Monday, October 3, 2016

Pros: "Fits my height, blast to drive, really pretty"

Cons: "alert system takes over the display, distracting"

"I was looking to get off the ground and into something with a higher profile as I'm getting older. I had my eye on several of the smaller SUV's. Enter Passive Neck Restraint. Or as I call it Passive/Aggressive Neck restraint. I never test drove any of the cars I looked at because as soon as I sat in them, my head was forced into an unnatural position with no possibility of adjustment. After "trying on" all the American options, went to the Japanese options, nothing fit. On a whim, stopped at the BMW dealership and fell in love with the Midnight Metallic Blue X1. And it fit, like it was made for me. Test drive took my breath away. I bought it the next weekend. I've had it a year now and the only negative thing I can say about it is that it is picky about tire pressure (every change of seasons I have a 4 wheel low tire pressure event). I don't mind being reminded to check the pressure and adjust as needed, it's just that the indicator takes over the display and is extremely distracting - so obviously I take care of it right away. I've driven this vehicle freeway, back roads, dirt roads - in slow traffic. I've let it go in sport mode and had it handle superbly at every speed. I love every part of the experience. The ride is not mushy, this is not your grandma's car. It is a car that let's you drive it. Again, love, love, love it. Will probably keep it least as long as my last car (16 years) because it's unlikely I'll find something that pleases me as much as this one does."

Worse car ever!!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

"This was the worse experience I've ever had with a car. Two major recalls, which were never really resolved. Seat material very poor quality, electrical system screwed up and the car will lock with the keys inside. The service department was great, but they simply had rubbish to work with."

Low value proposition - Road & Track

By on Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pros: "Peppy, looks great, BMW chasis a blast to drive"

Cons: "Cramped, more wagon than SUV"

"Great BMW experience. No issues in two and a half years of ownership. Love the looks and driving dynamics. Electronic steering and shifter took some time to get used to. As did the start/stop option. I swear the Eco-Pro works great on long trips. Road & Track magazine called it a "low value proposition." Understandably so, since it is tiny inside. It is after all an entry level BMW, but the wife loves it and that's all that matters. Still have mixed feelings vs. the redesigned for 2016."

Best car for the value

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage, posh ride, premium stereo"

Cons: "Premium gas always 93 or higher"

"I have owned 3 Volvos then switched to the BMW X1. For value and ride it is outstanding. Yes premium gas, but YES it squeezes every drop out. Quiet, smooth outstanding handling. It is just the absolute best car with BMW class and luxury. Totally love this car...you should too!"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Pros: "Handles great, fast, sporty, reliable"

Cons: "Not as technological as many other similar models"

"This is a fun little SAV with all the benefits of a sedan in terms of driveability (used to drive a 2006 325i), and many of the benefits of a bigger SUV as well. Steering, handling, acceleration, and ride comfort are all outstanding, as BMWs should be, while the interior is simple yet luxurious with the premium or ultimate package. I would highly recommend this vehicle for small families or outdoorsy singles, esp in colder climates."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X1 near Honolulu. See local deals