2007 BMW M6

9.7

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

9.9/10
    9.7/10
    10.0/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10

Amazing!!!!

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"This is by far the most amazing car I've ever owned/driven!!! The power delivery is linear all the way to shift point. The handling is razor sharp, almost too sharp. Driver input needs to be accurate as the car instantly responds. The SMG trans takes some getting used to however and drives much better in Manual Mode. You will need to take some time to get used to the iDrive and the "M" mode settings. They can be "clunky" at times to use. The car has some unique maintenance requirements due to the nature of the car. The oil changes, tune ups, and other services can be expensive. For service the car will be in the shop for at least two days. Aside from that this is one simply amazing car!!!!"

By on Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Great car, loads of fun to drive! The combination of poor gas mileage and a small gas tank means lots of time filling up at the gas station. The soft compound, high performance tires and heavy weight limits tire life. I got 19000 miles, and was through to the cords on the rears (honestly, no tire smoking) The sound of the V10 at 8250 rpm is intoxicating. The HUD is a must. The SMG gets a bad rap. It is a very good transmission (I nearly always use manual mode) Not as good as the dual clutch in the GTR, but still good."

BMW M6 Convertible

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"The only German car brand that I have truely admired is Audi, though the BMW M6 thoroughly satisfied me. I bought one a few months ago, and I absolutely adore it. The M6 has a standard 500 horsepower 5.0 liter V10 engine which is very impressive. I tested a 0-60mph run of just 4.5 seconds, which is quite impressive. If you are someone who tends to think that the only truely exotic cars are those that reach 60mph in under 4 seconds, let me take you for a ride in my M6, because acceleration is ridiculous and truely outstanding. As much as I admire the Cadillac XLR-V, it has 0.6 fewer liters, two fewer cylinders, and 57 less horsepower. Two great aspects about the XLR-V, however, is that it is both less expensive than the M6, and it has a supercharged engine. The XLR-V's engine is very impressive, though the M6's engine is more sports-car practical. One reason you might consider the M6 over the XLR-V is that the M6 has rear seats, while XLR-V can only take two people. Despite this, the M6 has very little rear-seat room. Nonetheless, the M6 is roomier than the Cadillac XLR-V, the rear-seat room being best used for luggage. Standard features include cruise control, navigation system w/voice recognition, traffic information, BMW Assist system, outside-temperature indicator, upgraded sound system, heated 14-way power front seats, leather upholstery, power tilt/telescopic leather-wrapped steering wheel w/radio controls, interior air filter, air conditioning w/dual-zone climate controls, memory system, universal garage door opener, and a few others. Options include a heated steering wheel, extended leather upholstery, iPod adapter, and remote engine start. I love the BMW M6. It's luxurious, powerful, and sporty. I'd also consider the Cadillac XLR-V if I were you, though the M6 is truely a king."

Amazing. Best BMW ever built!

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "500 HP, beautiful interior, amazing engineering"

Cons: "blind spots, long term ownership costs"

"We bought this car a few months ago for $49K. It is amazing that some poor slob paid close to $120K with gas guzzler tax just a couple years ago. The new 2013 M6 will have a standard, mass produced V8, while the 2010 and prior have a handbuilt, V10. The 2010 and prior M6 will be the last V10's BMW produces, due to emissions laws. If you have one, hold onto it. If you dont have one, buy one! 500 horsepower, and all the luxury to go with it, in a car that simply looks like its driving 100 mph, even while sitting still make this a phenomenal car to own."

Still smiling

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pros: "power, handling, heads-up display...bring a smile"

Cons: "Back seat has limited use"

"Yes, talk about performance, horsepower, styling all you want. For me, it's all about smiles. Just looking at my 2008 brings me a smile. 0-speed limit is a blast (had a chance the other day to run up with a late model M-3...so much fun...only after did I realize I hadn't even been in M mode). I get the most smiles per mile when driving on the back roads here in the Mountains (15mph hairpins at 35-40 without even pushing the envelope). I loved my 91 M-5 and have thoroughly enjoyed my 318, 325, and X5 but this is just joy. Sorry not much "driver lingo" here.....just smiles. Only wish I could share the experience with 3 others.....the back seat is pretty useless."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW M6 near Honolulu. See local deals