2005 BMW 7 Series

8.3

Based on 283 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

2009 750Li Owner

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"We purchased the 750-Li one month ago (June '09). And have already clocked 4,000 miles, so we have had time to assess the overall vehicle. This is the first BMW we've owned. Issue - The only issue we have had is with the parking brake - not resolved yet. Everything else is working fine. Every day is a a new discovery. As we "scale" to experience this machine, we discover new features, performance aspects and control options. Very nice. - Acceleration is delayed (turbo delay) however extremely powerful and forthright, able to merge on a dime. Smooth and "limitless". - Comfort is unmatched. Drove to/from Philly-Maine - 10 hrs each way in total comfort. Seat air cooling system very much worth investment. Lumbar range is very good. - Rear Seat - The Li has additional 6" in rear seat leg room. My Dad and I rode in rear for extended time - truly felt and rode like Qantas first class LAX-MEL. (Very comfortable) Mobile foot rest is a nice plus. - Customer Service - The local dealership is truly outstanding in customer service. Minor Parking brake issue reported and they pulled all the stops in response. - iDrive - lots on the wires about pluses and minuses, however this is my first experience and I find it very user-friendly. The direct one-touch "Tel", "Nav", etc is intuitive and highly useful. iPod / Bluetooth seconds to engage. - Handling - Driving the back roads of PA in our 750Li truly feels like a sports car. The various modes (Comfort, Normal, Sports and Sports+) all serve unique experiences. Sports+ is a true driving experience. Comfort setting is a must for I-95. - Engineering - I am an engineer. This vehicle is engineered to "comply" with the drivers requirements. Focus on the road and still view / access all required controls / displays and options. Highly intuitive. Summary - BMW has truly out done themselves in producing the 750Li. Thank you Munich!!"

The ultimate driving machine! Get one today

By on Friday, December 4, 2009

"I LOVE MY BMW 745I. I have had my car for two years now. No major problems. The IDrive is easy enough to use such as the navi, handling is great and very confortable. Pros: My favorite feature of this car is the Convenient Package which includes the soft close doors and heated seats! Parking sensors, the two tone interior (tan leather with black flooring), alarm, navigation, voice command to work the radio / CD. Cons: Had to take it in to fix a minor problem (the heater/air button won't turn off the heat /air when I want it off) and still not totally fixed... just learned to live with it by turning it down. Recommend: GET the Extended Warrenty and Maintenance Package... Well worth it!"

Smooth!

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I have really enjoyed driving my 2002 745i! This is the first sedan I have owned (drove land cruisers for the 10 years prior) and I have been really happy with the comfortable ride it provides. I have had to take it in for service quite a few times (speakers, windows, clock..little things) and there was also something with my transmission at around 60K. I have 73K on it now. I do have the 100k/6yr extended warranty plan, however it is up in June 08'. I admit that I am very nervous about my warranty running out...it has been in for service a lot. Overall I still love my car and will most likely hang onto it...it is timeless and an amazing machine!"

Very Nice!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "fast and fun to drive"

Cons: "rapid depreciation"

"I've had this car for a couple years now and it has never given me any problems. It is very comfortable on the inside and good for long drives. The service is expensive, but it's worth the money."

Rocky beginnings

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Always loved the new body style and finally had a chance to pick one up. Bought the 2003 745i from local dealer and should have paid more attn to the amount of maint this car encountered before the extended warranty expired. I've had too many issues that I never expected from this car. Now resale value on these cars has dropped so buy cheap if you do."

completely unreliable super car

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"This car spends more time at the dealership than in my garage it seems. Almost everything on the car has broken down at one point or another and BMW is fairly awful at scheduling appointments and fixing things. Having said that, this car is extremely beautiful and powerful beyond belief. The inside comfort is simply incredible and the ride is smooth and very powerful. You get noticed in this super car. If you can handle this unreliability, this is a great car, but you need to have a backup car in your garage (I do) because you'll frequently need."

Great vehicle until repairs come along...

By on Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pros: "most comfortable to drive and can be sporty"

Cons: "repair costs, no back up cam,"

"Great car until the repairs come,,,which can be very pricey. Beautiful and comfortable, but can be sporty and quick when needed (although long). Had a great time with it, but repairs that do come along keep asking myself if I should go for A8 or something else."

This BMW is the best car I have ever owed!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Excellent condition - garage - LoJack installed"

Cons: "very few wear"

"This car is safe, extrememly comfortable to drive and in great condition. It's a great looking car that will never go out of style. It has a great sound system, all of the comforts with sterring wheel controls and voice recognition. We feel very protected driving the car. It has very low mileage for a 2004 and has been garaged the entire time we've owned it."

Large vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Having grown up in the BMW family since 1997---and moved from Z3 to 745LI...it is a huge change...the car is large and roomy. The computer has issues in general and requires maintenance---do not own this car without a warranty...you'd go broke. The tires and rims alone are something to protect with your life and the size makes this difficult...curbing, etc. Driving it is a dream and the amenities are extraordinary."

Shoot the gap with confidence

By on Friday, May 27, 2016

Pros: "Fast, Large, Solid"

Cons: "Low profile tires"

"This car feels solid. The large back seat and trunk is perfect for road trips. No road noise, massaging/heated/cooled seats, and big gas tank lets you throw down 400 miles without stopping. Handling is incredible, feels like a fat sports car. You will wish you had a canyon to drive everyday. Buying new low profile tires is expensive, but hey they look good and new tread makes the ride smooth as silk. The heated steering wheel is my favorite feature (even in AZ). Sucks that it depreciates so much after 100k miles, feels like the car can throw down another 100k no problem. Thank you BMW for keeping the same/similar body style. Clean Lines, Classic Designs are always in style."

This car rocks!

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Responsive"

Cons: "No Remote start and blue tooth for iPhone."

"Had a 740i for 12 years. This is a great upgrade! The technology has come along way. Best value for a lux car out there."

great car

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "smooth driving ,reliable,luxury runs great, great"

"I love this car very reliable and luxury"

Fantastic

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive for such a large car"

Cons: "expensive maintanence when warranty expires"

"I have had my 2007 BMW 750Li with Individual Composition. Car is fantastic and drives like a dream. Love the upgrades with the individual package and with snow tires, this thing gets around just fine in our winters. Would highly recommend as long as the car is under warranty. If it does not have a warranty, and you are not handy, many repairs reach the $500 level pretty quickly. Other than that its a great ride! I am 6'7" and I can have a friend that is 6'5" behind me while I am driving and his knees do not touch the drivers seat. This is a huge plus for my line of work."

Hard not to love and hate!!

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"I love my 2002 BMW 745i it is a fun car to drive and attracts alot of attention because the car really stands out...BUT the maintanence on these vehicles is very expensive and even little things cost of alot to fix. So if you don't mind spending a few bucks on regular service, then you wont mind driving this car. But do research before you buy one."

Expected better then what I got

By on Friday, January 23, 2009

"Happiest days of ownership of the car is when I bought 2002 BMW 745i and when I sold it!!! Do not buy this vehicle if its out of warranty!!! This car looses value very quickly. Go with 3 or 5 series BMW."

dont do it

By on Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"I read the other reviews and can't believe what people are willing to put up with to drive this car. I have replaced 2 power windows and a transmission in 7 months. Also had an oil leak. Sure, it looks good and drives nice but I would never own one again. Nothing but headaches."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, September 15, 2008

"I bought the car brand new in November 2002 . I added conveniance, cold weather and luxary seating packages and ponyed up for the 19" chrome sport wheels with pirelli tires. The car has been a dream and I actualy look forward to driving to work every day . It turns heads everywhere I go and drives like a sports car. II'll be honest you will hate the iDrive that the car is based on , but after a few weeks you wil probably learn to love it because I did . The only problems I have had is the battery dying twice and idrive needing updating twice. Other t han that just the regular maitinance. Be prepared to bring your wallet because BMW service realy is as expensive as they say it is . I will never buy another model car and will run this car until its last day it can go anymore. (its fuel economy is actualy very impressive)"

Utimate Driving machine

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "smoothness, tight steering, power, comfortibility"

Cons: "not a big enough center console"

"Smooth GREAT ride! the most comfortable car i have ever been in. I have the sport package and it hugs the road like no other. All I have really had to do is change the oil. Very fast and fun car. I would recommend this car to anyone who likes powerer, but also needs a nice classy four door sedan."

Excellent car, no troubles and great service

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Great car all around."

"The car is nothing but joy to drive. I selected 750i for the driving dynamics. The il has more rear seat room but the i has plenty and I did not see a reason to give up on great driving performance of the i for the little extra rear space in il. The car drives fantastic, is great to look at and above all has had less issues compared to my other cars. I love this car!"

shopahollic

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"The 2003 760 is one of the funnest cars to drive only thing is its in the shop every 3 months. Replaced radio, radiator,waterpump,radio and nav, drivers seat, antifreeze sensor and more. Never by a first year anything,this car has given me nothing but problems. No warranty no life because this car will break you."

Awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I have owned 2 745s & curently drive a 2003 with the sport package and its been a pretty realiable car. yes I have had minor problems but so far none of the monster problems I have read about. As the 745 gets older there are less and less out there with any factory warranty left so make sure you find one that has not beeb beaten. I think the 745 is a terrific value in the used car market right now."

Best car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I purchased a BMW Certified 745LI @ 39000 miles...Best car ever. Comfort, speed and reliability. Minor things have needed attention...my local dealer is excellent at scheduling and servicing...They also provide me with a loaner. Will definitely buy another when the warranty runs out. Only down side...would be scared to keep when warranty and extended maintenance runs out...very expensive, if it were out of pocket."

Power and luxury up to Warranty Expiration

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Power, luxury features, esthetics"

Cons: "Eletrical, post-Warranty"

"Enjoyed owning this vehicle. Purchased new and it was all that I expected for the first few years. Pros: Power, luxury features, fun to drive, esthetics, service (up to warranty expiration) Cons: Problems after warranty expiration, especially electrical"

BMW 7

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"No finer , more comfortable and fun vehicle on the road. My wife says being driven in it makes her feel like a million bucks. The added benefit is its fun for the driver, as well. Its not a sports car but it handles beautifully for a bigger car."

750li

By on Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Fantastic car, i like every major thing about it. I had to buy a second car just to keep the miles down, because i was enjoying driving it a bit to much. Bought it with 17500(2006), and had to put tires on it at about 20000. I heard about the tire issues with this car so the jury is still out on that. Minor thing, i would like the side view mirrors to fold in(auto). The price of the extended warranty went up 600.00 since i purchased the car, so make sure you get it when you buy the car. Happy driving people."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals