2005 BMW 7 Series

8.3

Based on 283 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

2009 750Li Owner

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"We purchased the 750-Li one month ago (June '09). And have already clocked 4,000 miles, so we have had time to assess the overall vehicle. This is the first BMW we've owned. Issue - The only issue we have had is with the parking brake - not resolved yet. Everything else is working fine. Every day is a a new discovery. As we "scale" to experience this machine, we discover new features, performance aspects and control options. Very nice. - Acceleration is delayed (turbo delay) however extremely powerful and forthright, able to merge on a dime. Smooth and "limitless". - Comfort is unmatched. Drove to/from Philly-Maine - 10 hrs each way in total comfort. Seat air cooling system very much worth investment. Lumbar range is very good. - Rear Seat - The Li has additional 6" in rear seat leg room. My Dad and I rode in rear for extended time - truly felt and rode like Qantas first class LAX-MEL. (Very comfortable) Mobile foot rest is a nice plus. - Customer Service - The local dealership is truly outstanding in customer service. Minor Parking brake issue reported and they pulled all the stops in response. - iDrive - lots on the wires about pluses and minuses, however this is my first experience and I find it very user-friendly. The direct one-touch "Tel", "Nav", etc is intuitive and highly useful. iPod / Bluetooth seconds to engage. - Handling - Driving the back roads of PA in our 750Li truly feels like a sports car. The various modes (Comfort, Normal, Sports and Sports+) all serve unique experiences. Sports+ is a true driving experience. Comfort setting is a must for I-95. - Engineering - I am an engineer. This vehicle is engineered to "comply" with the drivers requirements. Focus on the road and still view / access all required controls / displays and options. Highly intuitive. Summary - BMW has truly out done themselves in producing the 750Li. Thank you Munich!!"

The ultimate driving machine! Get one today

By on Friday, December 4, 2009

"I LOVE MY BMW 745I. I have had my car for two years now. No major problems. The IDrive is easy enough to use such as the navi, handling is great and very confortable. Pros: My favorite feature of this car is the Convenient Package which includes the soft close doors and heated seats! Parking sensors, the two tone interior (tan leather with black flooring), alarm, navigation, voice command to work the radio / CD. Cons: Had to take it in to fix a minor problem (the heater/air button won't turn off the heat /air when I want it off) and still not totally fixed... just learned to live with it by turning it down. Recommend: GET the Extended Warrenty and Maintenance Package... Well worth it!"

Smooth!

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I have really enjoyed driving my 2002 745i! This is the first sedan I have owned (drove land cruisers for the 10 years prior) and I have been really happy with the comfortable ride it provides. I have had to take it in for service quite a few times (speakers, windows, clock..little things) and there was also something with my transmission at around 60K. I have 73K on it now. I do have the 100k/6yr extended warranty plan, however it is up in June 08'. I admit that I am very nervous about my warranty running out...it has been in for service a lot. Overall I still love my car and will most likely hang onto it...it is timeless and an amazing machine!"

Very Nice!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "fast and fun to drive"

Cons: "rapid depreciation"

"I've had this car for a couple years now and it has never given me any problems. It is very comfortable on the inside and good for long drives. The service is expensive, but it's worth the money."

Rocky beginnings

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Always loved the new body style and finally had a chance to pick one up. Bought the 2003 745i from local dealer and should have paid more attn to the amount of maint this car encountered before the extended warranty expired. I've had too many issues that I never expected from this car. Now resale value on these cars has dropped so buy cheap if you do."

completely unreliable super car

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"This car spends more time at the dealership than in my garage it seems. Almost everything on the car has broken down at one point or another and BMW is fairly awful at scheduling appointments and fixing things. Having said that, this car is extremely beautiful and powerful beyond belief. The inside comfort is simply incredible and the ride is smooth and very powerful. You get noticed in this super car. If you can handle this unreliability, this is a great car, but you need to have a backup car in your garage (I do) because you'll frequently need."

Shoot the gap with confidence

By on Friday, May 27, 2016

Pros: "Fast, Large, Solid"

Cons: "Low profile tires"

"This car feels solid. The large back seat and trunk is perfect for road trips. No road noise, massaging/heated/cooled seats, and big gas tank lets you throw down 400 miles without stopping. Handling is incredible, feels like a fat sports car. You will wish you had a canyon to drive everyday. Buying new low profile tires is expensive, but hey they look good and new tread makes the ride smooth as silk. The heated steering wheel is my favorite feature (even in AZ). Sucks that it depreciates so much after 100k miles, feels like the car can throw down another 100k no problem. Thank you BMW for keeping the same/similar body style. Clean Lines, Classic Designs are always in style."

Great vehicle until repairs come along...

By on Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pros: "most comfortable to drive and can be sporty"

Cons: "repair costs, no back up cam,"

"Great car until the repairs come,,,which can be very pricey. Beautiful and comfortable, but can be sporty and quick when needed (although long). Had a great time with it, but repairs that do come along keep asking myself if I should go for A8 or something else."

This BMW is the best car I have ever owed!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Excellent condition - garage - LoJack installed"

Cons: "very few wear"

"This car is safe, extrememly comfortable to drive and in great condition. It's a great looking car that will never go out of style. It has a great sound system, all of the comforts with sterring wheel controls and voice recognition. We feel very protected driving the car. It has very low mileage for a 2004 and has been garaged the entire time we've owned it."

Large vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Having grown up in the BMW family since 1997---and moved from Z3 to 745LI...it is a huge change...the car is large and roomy. The computer has issues in general and requires maintenance---do not own this car without a warranty...you'd go broke. The tires and rims alone are something to protect with your life and the size makes this difficult...curbing, etc. Driving it is a dream and the amenities are extraordinary."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals