2000 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

Buy this car if you have money to waste

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought this car in 2007 with 68K miles on it and have put 17K more on it since. The car looks and runs great, It has a nice Steel blue color and sport package and nice interior. This is the most expensive used car I've bought and continues to be expensive to maintain. I've owned 20 year old American cars with 150K miles that broke less than this car. I've had to replace the squeeky brakes which weren't worn out yet, 2 window regulators ($400 each), grill inserts and front suspension bushings ($800). The windshield washers and GPS quit working, Windshield and other seals cracked, etc, etc. That's why I'm on this website; I'm selling it."

Really pleased

By on Friday, January 16, 2009

"Having the pleasure of owning 4- 7 series Bmws both in Europe and in the U.S I can honestly say that it is and always will be the ultimate driving machine, Blasting down the Autobahn or tooling around at the 60mph limit, it is impossible for me to keep my foot out of it. But it is costly to get the car serviced and repaired here in the U.S. In Europe there is always a friendly Bosch dealer or parts store around every corner. BMW seems to have the monopoly on parts here. I buy a lot off the internet and salvage yards in California to upgrade or repair. I also bought me a ISO reader to plug in and read the fault codes every time the engine service light comes on. There is no other car for me as the E38 1995 to 2001. All the other 7 series after that look like someone left the trunk open, owned a 750i,735i,740il"

Abysmal repair record

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"2001 BMW 740 iL, am original owner, 65,000 miles. The main point is that just because you buy an expensive luxury automobile does not mean it will be reliable. To this point have replace 2 front grills, radiator, coolant resevoir, navigation system ($2000), radio amplifier, 4 brake rotors at 55,000 miles (are you kidding me?), 3 oxygen sensors, mass air flow sensor, and the AC compressor leaks (not yet replaced). On the plus side the car is well engineered and the ride is great. Will not be buying another."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted