1999 BMW 7 Series

Based on 331 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

1998 BMW 740i (USED REVIEW)

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"This is one great car! It sold for $61,000 PLUS when new and worth half that 9 yrs later. I bought this car w/87,000 miles on it and she runs, drives and looks 110%. Prior to my ownership this was a lease/fleet vehicle which means it was maintained by BMW and it shows. Adorned with soft leather and a MANY creature comforts you're in for a treat when you drive this BMW. The 7 Series is the "flag ship" of BMW and with all the standard options, there is no mistaking BMW's intent of grandeur . NOTE: When buying USED luxury and non luxury cars. As with EVERY model of car produced on this earth there are always some known issues. Basically things to look out for. My advise is no matter what type of car you own look for an owners forum. As for this car, search for E38 owners forum(s) and get the real deal on maint, repairs, care and mods. The ride is strong and flowing, the look is classic BMW, and the feel behind the wheel is sheer enjoyment. Good luck and go get your 7!"

Great Car - expensive repairs

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "A great driving, handling car"

Cons: "Expensive to fix"

"188,000 miles and runs great. Any repair seems like an automatic $700."

2001 740iL

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"We have owned this car since 2003 and 16K. It now has 71k and we haven't had any major problems at all. Honestly it's even been as reliable as our 2003 lexus. This car is truly amazing. It's fast, elegant, comfortable and gets 26 mpg freeway. We keep trying to get something new, but we can't think of anything worth trading for our BMW. At the current low prices, find yourself a low mileage 2001 and enjoy!!!"

Great Room-Buy used

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Purchased my first 740il after my friend purchased a 745i. The leg room is great because my husband is over 6'5. I enjoy driving it everyday. Before changing to 18inch wheels I was getting 22-23 mpg around town. Changed tires getting about 19-20mpg now. Could not understand why I owned the 325 or 528 so long. Enjoy Enjoy. Even though its over 9 years old, I am still getting complimented on its appearance"

BEST OF THE BEST

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"I had the 740iL for 5 months and I can say it is the BEST car I ever owned, from styling to ride quality. Expensive to maintain, but once you get it up to par, you won't have a problem with it. But find one is decent shape first. My have 170k mile and performs and handle as if it was brand new. Prong problem, is the power steering hose and suspension. The hose is simple fix, but the suspension you can spend well over $3K in repairs. Not a easy fix since the suspension system is very complex with multiple component, way more that a normal car. An the passenger side rear window regulator, will most likely fail if not already. But, for the most part I would recommend it to anybody if you can find one is decent shape. Take a mechanic with you if you can, if not note every noise and bring it to the seller attention."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals