1999 BMW 7 Series

Based on 330 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

My 2000 BMW 740IL

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"This is an awesome car. It drives and handles like a dream. I have had few problems with my car and I bought it with 70K miles on it. It was on a car lot for a year before I finally bought it. The biggest problem I had is getting a mechanic to tell me the truth about what actually needed fixing. when my power steering hoses leaked, I had a mechanic change all my hoses & belts to include flushing the radiator. it was a bit much at first, but not nearly the cost of dealer work. I changed the thermostat myself and I can do small minor work on my car when needed. This car was worth the money I paid for it. I also changged my right rear window motor also. It was a tough job, but I did it and saved $450.00 during the process."

1998 BMW 740i (USED REVIEW)

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"This is one great car! It sold for $61,000 PLUS when new and worth half that 9 yrs later. I bought this car w/87,000 miles on it and she runs, drives and looks 110%. Prior to my ownership this was a lease/fleet vehicle which means it was maintained by BMW and it shows. Adorned with soft leather and a MANY creature comforts you're in for a treat when you drive this BMW. The 7 Series is the "flag ship" of BMW and with all the standard options, there is no mistaking BMW's intent of grandeur . NOTE: When buying USED luxury and non luxury cars. As with EVERY model of car produced on this earth there are always some known issues. Basically things to look out for. My advise is no matter what type of car you own look for an owners forum. As for this car, search for E38 owners forum(s) and get the real deal on maint, repairs, care and mods. The ride is strong and flowing, the look is classic BMW, and the feel behind the wheel is sheer enjoyment. Good luck and go get your 7!"

Great Car - expensive repairs

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "A great driving, handling car"

Cons: "Expensive to fix"

"188,000 miles and runs great. Any repair seems like an automatic $700."

2001 740iL

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"We have owned this car since 2003 and 16K. It now has 71k and we haven't had any major problems at all. Honestly it's even been as reliable as our 2003 lexus. This car is truly amazing. It's fast, elegant, comfortable and gets 26 mpg freeway. We keep trying to get something new, but we can't think of anything worth trading for our BMW. At the current low prices, find yourself a low mileage 2001 and enjoy!!!"

Great Room-Buy used

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Purchased my first 740il after my friend purchased a 745i. The leg room is great because my husband is over 6'5. I enjoy driving it everyday. Before changing to 18inch wheels I was getting 22-23 mpg around town. Changed tires getting about 19-20mpg now. Could not understand why I owned the 325 or 528 so long. Enjoy Enjoy. Even though its over 9 years old, I am still getting complimented on its appearance"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals