2012 BMW 6 Series

Based on 12 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great second or third car.

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Pros: "Great driving experience. Still turns heads"

Cons: "I don't like where the interior door pull is."

Tinting changes the look!

"This is my second 650i and (2008,2012). I have owned 8 in the last 15 years (325i, 325xi,z3,z4, x3, x5, and the 650's) This car is sneaky fast with the 400hp twin turbo. I have the heads up display...worth every dollar. Fan of the old style trunk on the 2008 better, however every detail of the car in 2012 is better, faster. I use the 650 as a daily commuter in Minneapolis from April-November and have a QX80 as a winter 4x4. The exhaust note in sport or sport plus is worth the lower mpg. I did get 28 mpg on a 1,200 trip this summer. Average is around 17 for daily driving. Lets face it you are not buying this car for mpg. Navigation screen is great easy to use and see. Back seats are for a bag...or really small adults. Pretend it is a two seater only and you will be happier. I can fit two full sets of clubs in the trunk with the top down. It does take a few tries to get the right fit. I am 6-1 and 220 lbs and I have no problem in the front seats. The seat massage is disappointing. Very limited to quads. Would expect the full back for a list price of more than 100k. Both pdc cameras are great. Makes it easy to get in and out of tight ramps. Finally analysis, great two adult car with clubs, don't drive in snow, ice or even heavy rain. Great rush every time you push the accelerator while not having the harsh M ride in traffic."

Tinting changes the look!

Very luxury car to drive but lacks power

By on Friday, May 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, LEDS drl, awesome mpg,"

Cons: "Rag top, lack of power, price"

"The 2012 640i Convertible is a great car to own. It has all the bells and whistle but it lacks power. The 650 would have been a better choice but I am waiting for a ECU remap to come out which will increase the 325 hp to 380 hp. After the ecu remap will make the 640 more fun to drive."

It really is the "Ultimate Driving Machine" !

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks, throaty exhaust note, performance."

Cons: "It's expensive, back seat can't accomodate adults."

"I enjoy driving to work year round in my 2012 BMW 650i xdrive M sport convertible. The fit and finish is impressive and the handling and M sport exhaust provides pleasure every day. I owned a 2007 Audi S8 prior to the 650 and the BMW is quicker, sounds better, and is more fun to drive. Strangers frequently tell me how good looking (they did for the S8 as well) the car is. With winter 19 inch wheels and blizzaks instead of the summer 20 inch run flats traction was never a problem even in Wisconsin."

Best car I have owned so far

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Best handling and safety under any conditions."

Cons: "Tight space for rear seating"

"Best car I have driven so far! Comparable MBenz or Porche do not come close to the features in this car."

Great looking car and it's a BMW but......

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Pros: "Good power and looks good, especially with the top down"

Cons: "Run flat tires ruin the driving experience"

"You would think this would be an awesome car and it is from a looks standpoint but there are some issues. It's frequently in the shop for repairs but the worst part are the run flat tires. This car should be a fun to drive machine, but the hard sidewalls on the run flat tires take away from the maneuverability, cornering capabilities and they create a harsh ride even when the vehicle is in the "comfort" mode. Most BMW's no longer come with a spare or even a canister like the M class or an AMG would, so you are either stuck with sucking it up and going with the run flats or taking your chances. It should be noted that the BMW dealerships will not put on anything but a run flat, so if you want something else, you will need to find somewhere else that will do the work. One additional note, after buying a new set of run flat tires from the dealership, I had 3 flat tires in the 5 week period following installing the new tires."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 6 Series near Honolulu. See local deals