2012 BMW 6 Series

Based on 14 Ratings for the 2012 - 2018 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

fantastic car-way too much fun to drive-handling i

By on Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Pros: "ultra fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive"

"I have bout 10 cars in last 3.5 years from Quatroporte,SL400 s550 coup and audi S8 Porsches and this is the only car I bought twice-love driving it and make excuse to go for a drive-cant wait to but the 8 series next spring"

Great second or third car.

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Pros: "Great driving experience. Still turns heads"

Cons: "I don't like where the interior door pull is."

Tinting changes the look!

"This is my second 650i and (2008,2012). I have owned 8 in the last 15 years (325i, 325xi,z3,z4, x3, x5, and the 650's) This car is sneaky fast with the 400hp twin turbo. I have the heads up display...worth every dollar. Fan of the old style trunk on the 2008 better, however every detail of the car in 2012 is better, faster. I use the 650 as a daily commuter in Minneapolis from April-November and have a QX80 as a winter 4x4. The exhaust note in sport or sport plus is worth the lower mpg. I did get 28 mpg on a 1,200 trip this summer. Average is around 17 for daily driving. Lets face it you are not buying this car for mpg. Navigation screen is great easy to use and see. Back seats are for a bag...or really small adults. Pretend it is a two seater only and you will be happier. I can fit two full sets of clubs in the trunk with the top down. It does take a few tries to get the right fit. I am 6-1 and 220 lbs and I have no problem in the front seats. The seat massage is disappointing. Very limited to quads. Would expect the full back for a list price of more than 100k. Both pdc cameras are great. Makes it easy to get in and out of tight ramps. Finally analysis, great two adult car with clubs, don't drive in snow, ice or even heavy rain. Great rush every time you push the accelerator while not having the harsh M ride in traffic."

Tinting changes the look!

It really is the "Ultimate Driving Machine" !

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks, throaty exhaust note, performance."

Cons: "It's expensive, back seat can't accomodate adults."

"I enjoy driving to work year round in my 2012 BMW 650i xdrive M sport convertible. The fit and finish is impressive and the handling and M sport exhaust provides pleasure every day. I owned a 2007 Audi S8 prior to the 650 and the BMW is quicker, sounds better, and is more fun to drive. Strangers frequently tell me how good looking (they did for the S8 as well) the car is. With winter 19 inch wheels and blizzaks instead of the summer 20 inch run flats traction was never a problem even in Wisconsin."

Very luxury car to drive but lacks power

By on Friday, May 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, LEDS drl, awesome mpg,"

Cons: "Rag top, lack of power, price"

"The 2012 640i Convertible is a great car to own. It has all the bells and whistle but it lacks power. The 650 would have been a better choice but I am waiting for a ECU remap to come out which will increase the 325 hp to 380 hp. After the ecu remap will make the 640 more fun to drive."

Awesome performance but poor reliability

By on Friday, August 4, 2017

Pros: "Awesome performance, great street presence"

Cons: "Electronics not protected"

"600BHP and yet as easy to drive as a regular saloon. I never once felt out of control even deploying the full power of this remarkable engine. Exterior in green looks great and the Alpina tweaks really enhance the appearance of the 650i on which it is based. Front air dam is low to the ground and prone to scuffing but this is true of almost all high performance cars. My favorite design touch is the Alpina crankshaft and carburetor logo on the steering wheel. Two weaknesses that I have experienced. The Alpina wheels are not robust - I have had to replace two as a result of pot holes. More seriously - the main electronics are situated under the trunk and not well protected. I had a water bottle leak in the trunk and got a cascading series of random failure messages such as steering malfunction, drive train malfunction etc which the dealer traced to water having penetrated the electronics. The repair was 7000. This is a crazy design and it cant be hard to fix with some sort of cover to protect the electronics."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 6 Series near Honolulu. See local deals