2013 BMW 5 Series

8.3

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Great driver but...

By on Friday, December 16, 2016

Pros: "absolutly a drivers car!"

Cons: "cupholders, interior wear, servicability"

"2011 528i - premium package purchased this car in Florida, moved it to Oklahoma a few years ago. Love the feeling in the drivers seat! excellent control, comfort, cruise control is the best Ive ever used... It is one of my favorite cars to drive. Passenger comfort is very good, it is still a sports car at heart so they feel the road too. Real world fuel economy with the six is actually better than our MK5 Jetta 2.5L was. Hate the cupholders! Not enough in the front and when the multi-piece plastic fingers fail, the spring pops through cups and empties your huge american drink into the console, shorting out the lighter plug... c'mon BMW, this car is aimed at the american market, you should have better ways to hold our stuff for long drives! I know your engineers must be saying, who needs cupholders, the autobahn is only a few hours of driving. Americans can have a few hours commute every day and road trips, forget it, the japanese brands and CHRYSLER have better cupholders. The fuse panel with the cupholder fuse is a full arms length reach into the glove box hole, not serviceable on the side of the road... couple hundred bucks to replace a fuse at the dealer if you don't have extended warranty. (get the warranty!) Hate the spray on soft touch plastic around control buttons and vents. failed and replaced by dealer at 2 years, needs replaced again?!? this aspect was designed to wear out prematurely? Run-Flats that are not patch-able for nail/screw means your replacing a pair of premium tires every time you find road debris... trunk space may make up for that, its a tough call."

Great Cruiser!

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pros: "great road feel, great utility,"

Cons: "2013 Idrive not android friendly"

"This car is wonderful. You have to spend more than a few miles in it and it will grow on you instantly. Huge backseat and storage, luxury and comfort for the driver and passenger, perfect for a car seat and road trip, or put the back seats down and use it for utility (just get the rubber trunk mat!) I'm reconfiguring the backseat as a mobile office with laptop tray and great for Real Estate showings and just overall chauffeuring that is pleasant for both driver and passengers. It is a little button heavy with technology but you will get used to it really quick (what newer cars are not these days?)Don't let visual reviews fool you. This is beauty in the eye of the beholder, and from the inside looking out, not from the outside looking in."

I love my car! 2012 525i Xdrive

By on Thursday, December 31, 2015

Pros: "Great handling, fast, comfortable"

Cons: "little leg room in rear"

"I purchased the vehicle as CPO in November. At this time I do not have to worry when it comes to maintenance since it's covered until 1/17/2018. The driving experience is without question the best. The vehicle handles like a dream. The multiple driving options (ECO, Comfort, and Sports) was a pleasant surprise. I normally drive the car in Comfort mode but I'm glad to have the Sports mode, which turns the vehicle into a monster. Thanks to the Xdrive during a recent down pour I had complete confidence. No more worrying about hydroplaning. Other vehicles were pulling over and I was able to muscle right through the storm with ease. The Stop/Start option is nice but can be annoying so for the most part I disengage it. The interior is beautiful and very comfortable."

Great car but plenty of hidden costs to maintain

By on Saturday, December 10, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, awesome looking car, plenty of room"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain. Too many hidden costs."

"Enjoy driving this car and looks outstanding. Plenty of room inside and handle tremendously well. Too good to be true? Expect to buy new tires every 12-18 months (4x$450) and brake pads ($2k). The BMW PCO warranty is great for most items but expect to bring in for service every 3 months ($60/visit minimum). Suspension had to be replaced. (covered in PCO). Built-in DVD system went out and not covered under warranty. Battery replaced every 2 years and must be installed by dealer to reset electronics ($550 if buy battery outside of dealer, $750 buy from dealer). Expect to spend at least $2500/year on maintenance outside of warranty or PCO."

Holding up

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Pros: "Dependable, good AWD, decent mpg, comfortable"

Cons: "Pricey, comes with runflats, lose them join AAA"

"We plan on running this car until it drops, and so far it has shown no sign of stopping. BMWs are pricey and with only one dealership in commuting range their prices aren't very flexible but the car is great. Other than routine maintenance we haven't put a dime into it, nothing has needed replacing or repair, all service is done at a local garage for about half of what the BMW center charges. Even with 103,000 the car still looks and performs like new. Not our first BMW, not our last."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals