2012 BMW 5 Series

8.3

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Gotta love that German engineering!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, quiet cabin, free maintenance"

Cons: "voice ativation issues"

"As a previous MB and LS460 owner just to name a few. The 5 series is clearly the best thats offered today in terms of performance, quality and style. Great gas mileage BTW which is great nowadays! Check it out!"

BMW 5 Series Goes Luxury

By on Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"This is one of several BMWs I currently own and the fourth 5 series. Compared with prior versions such as the '08 and '03 models, this car is definitely more luxurious in trim, feel. and passenger comfort. At least that's what my passengers say. I'm always driving it. To be honest, it has lost some of the more sporting feel and handling of previous models in favor of more which is not necessarily a bad thing. It's just a departure in packaging from previous models. My only real gripe is the electronic steering which has removed all road feel from the driving experience. The steering is very sensitive to even small movements of the steering wheel which takes a little getting used to. Seating is very comfortable even on long trips. Fuel economy is quite good for a car this size averaging about 23MPG. Acceleration is extremely smooth and I find myself going much faster than I think I am. The i-Drive is much more intuitive now than before so you don't even need to read the Owner's Manual to figure it out! Overall a great car."

2011 535xi

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "Styling, finish."

Cons: "Read above. And tech is not great, iDrive clumsy. Esp scrolling music from an iPod."

"Hugely disappointing. I'll cut to the chase. There is tremendous lag or delay, when accelerating from a complete stop. The car delays for about .75 of a second before lurching forward. Are you kidding me? Apparently, other 535 owners are reporting the same, and when I took the car back to my local dealership, service confirmed the problem and said the same was found in other cars they tested. Why would BMW allow these cars to be sold? The car is beautiful, fit and finish better then Audi A6, but engine unacceptable. Stay away from this car."

excellent car

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"i traded in my jaguar xf for this car...the jag was getting terrible gas mileage and needed new brakes every 15k or so....at a cost of almost one thousand dollars.....i first looked at an audi, but after test driving it, and then the bmw 5 i felt there was no comparison....i think the one draw back is storage space in the front....barely enough for a pair of sunglasses and a few items in the center console.....also, seems strange that a car that ran me over 60k has no spare....yes, run on flat tires, but would of rather regular tires with a spare....."

Incredible Car!

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great economy. Fun to drive"

"We drove this BMW 525 X Drive Diesel rental for two weeks around Europe including Germany, Austria, Italy. The 5 Series X Drive Diesel was flawless. Fuel runs around $8 per gallon in Europe so having a diesel was great. I thought we would have to trade performance for economy. Not at all! We drove Germany Autobahn speeds and winding mountain roads without any hesitation. Quiet with plenty of power and fun to drive. The navigation system is intuitive. The parking sensors really helped out in those tight Italian parking spots. Awesome Car! Why don't we have more diesel cars in the US?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals