• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 BMW 5 Series

8.2

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

One of the Best I ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Reason: end of lease

Pros: "great to drive ,classy luxury handling"

Cons: "cost of service after warranty and mpg"

"My lease just ended on my 2012 535xi . For the first time in a long long time I was sorry to let it go. The car was fantastic ,comfortable fast , luxurious had all the bells and whistles for a few years to come , more than few years. An outstanding car , no issues and whomever gets my car is getting a GEM."

BMW hits it out of the park!

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"This M-sport 528i xDrive is my favorite BMW so far. Went with Jet Black and Ivory Nappa Leather, Cold Weather, Harmon Kardon, Black Kidney Grills, Carbon Fiber Spoiler. When you put it in sport mode you forget it is a 4 cylinder! Very quiet!"

Great Car will BMW takes care of it….

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Great looker, comfortable ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Not sure of long term reliability"

"I am just about 30 months into my 36 month lease. The car has been absolutely great. The only issue was a blown fuse in the 12v outlet. No big deal. The fit and finish are excellent. I really do not have any issues with the run flat tires from a ride point of view. Would much rather have a spare tire though. Because of the expense to maintain and service this car out of warranty I will not purchase it off lease. I am struggling with that decision only because I love the car. Everything I read is that they start having trouble after 4 years."

love my bmw

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "the car is perfect"

Cons: "it doesn't come with a refridgerator."

"I bought my 535d used only had 13600 on it, I used to own a 535i. I decided to try the diesel, and low and behold , I did fall in love with it ,there is no nasty diesel smell, the acceleration is astounding, and the fuel mileage is more than I could have hoped for, I get around 23-24 in town , and 38-41 on the highway. I have every option except adaptive cruise. as for the run flat tires , I got rid of those and opted for a set of good year comfort assurance tires. they are rated at 80,000 miles, and I couldn't believe the difference that made. all in all its the best car I have ever owned, period."

the ultimate sports sedan "cruiser"

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "wickedly fast, comfortable, great cruiser"

Cons: "numb steering, run flat tires, no remote start"

"I have been driving fast cars since 1964, including three prior BMW's. My 550ix is an incredible machine. It may just be the ultimate sports sedan "cruiser". It is absurdly quick and corners and brakes a lot better than the so-called critics contend. Moreover, it is extremely quiet, comfortable and well appointed. I believe that for most people, myself included, it has a nearly perfect blend of performance and real world road manners. Yes, the steering is not as crisp or engaging as I would like, and I am definitely not a fan of the run flat tires, but ,that said, I am very glad I chose it over the Mercedes E550 and the Audi A6. It costs a whole lot less than a comparably equipped Mercedes and while the A6 is a very nice car, it lacks the power of my 550ix. For people who want near "supercar" performance but who are not willing to pay the huge premium for a tricked out M5, Mercedes AMG or similar vehicle, I believe the 550ix is a great choice."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals