ZIP code

2011 BMW 5 Series

8.3

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Holding up

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Pros: "Dependable, good AWD, decent mpg, comfortable"

Cons: "Pricey, comes with runflats, lose them join AAA"

"We plan on running this car until it drops, and so far it has shown no sign of stopping. BMWs are pricey and with only one dealership in commuting range their prices aren't very flexible but the car is great. Other than routine maintenance we haven't put a dime into it, nothing has needed replacing or repair, all service is done at a local garage for about half of what the BMW center charges. Even with 103,000 the car still looks and performs like new. Not our first BMW, not our last."

Be Ready to Pay

By on Thursday, May 18, 2017

Pros: "Beautiful car, Luxurious interior"

Cons: "Expensive Maintenance, Fragile, Complex technology"

"This is my 3rd BMW and the second BMW 5 series that I own. These cars are really beautiful and luxurious but extremely expensive to maintain. I bought the 2011 two years ago and it is in the shop every three months for serious repairs. I had to repair for gasoline tank leaks, the front display went blank, and recently the steering wheel mechanism for stuck. It is +1,000 after 1,000. The mechanism in this car is so complex that no repair is cheap. I have spent so far +3,000 in repairs in two years, besides the regular maintenance. We had a similar situation with the previous 5 series(+4,000), and we thought it was that specific car, but no. This is the type of car where an extended warranty is required (they are no cheap either for a reason!). As much as we love the comfort and the luxurious of the interior, we decided to get rid of it."

Great driver but...

By on Friday, December 16, 2016

Pros: "absolutly a drivers car!"

Cons: "cupholders, interior wear, servicability"

"2011 528i - premium package purchased this car in Florida, moved it to Oklahoma a few years ago. Love the feeling in the drivers seat! excellent control, comfort, cruise control is the best Ive ever used... It is one of my favorite cars to drive. Passenger comfort is very good, it is still a sports car at heart so they feel the road too. Real world fuel economy with the six is actually better than our MK5 Jetta 2.5L was. Hate the cupholders! Not enough in the front and when the multi-piece plastic fingers fail, the spring pops through cups and empties your huge american drink into the console, shorting out the lighter plug... c'mon BMW, this car is aimed at the american market, you should have better ways to hold our stuff for long drives! I know your engineers must be saying, who needs cupholders, the autobahn is only a few hours of driving. Americans can have a few hours commute every day and road trips, forget it, the japanese brands and CHRYSLER have better cupholders. The fuse panel with the cupholder fuse is a full arms length reach into the glove box hole, not serviceable on the side of the road... couple hundred bucks to replace a fuse at the dealer if you don't have extended warranty. (get the warranty!) Hate the spray on soft touch plastic around control buttons and vents. failed and replaced by dealer at 2 years, needs replaced again?!? this aspect was designed to wear out prematurely? Run-Flats that are not patch-able for nail/screw means your replacing a pair of premium tires every time you find road debris... trunk space may make up for that, its a tough call."

Great Cruiser!

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pros: "great road feel, great utility,"

Cons: "2013 Idrive not android friendly"

"This car is wonderful. You have to spend more than a few miles in it and it will grow on you instantly. Huge backseat and storage, luxury and comfort for the driver and passenger, perfect for a car seat and road trip, or put the back seats down and use it for utility (just get the rubber trunk mat!) I'm reconfiguring the backseat as a mobile office with laptop tray and great for Real Estate showings and just overall chauffeuring that is pleasant for both driver and passengers. It is a little button heavy with technology but you will get used to it really quick (what newer cars are not these days?)Don't let visual reviews fool you. This is beauty in the eye of the beholder, and from the inside looking out, not from the outside looking in."

This is my starter BMW...want more!!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Ultimate driving machine for sure...any model"

Cons: "Steering wheel needs more up/down movement"

"The most exciting car I've owned. Ran it on two race courses (a real kick...no red lights or anybody coming at you). Now want an 'M' car (six series convertible is likely). Go to SC & take BMW's driving course(s). You'll really (REALLY!) appreciate the vehicle so much more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals