2007 BMW 5 Series

Based on 590 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

550i Big Engine = BIGGER Smiles

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Thrilling performance, sophisticated ride."

Cons: "Need a l o n g e r commute...;)"

"Germans historically speaking have build outstanding Rockets and Autos...and in the case of the 550i with the Sports Package they have done BOTH!! They matched the V-8 turbine like engine to a technically advanced suspension and massive brakes to produce a near perfect automobile. Complaints about cup holder placement is just silly, and if one really needs high miles per gallon or low cost service/maintenence then Honda makes a better choice for you. If on the other hand you want to LOVE what you drive for pure driving sake...the 550i is BEST!"

Best vehicle made! Great daily driver.

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "The ultimate driving machine"

Cons: "none. Finest automobile built period."

"Have owned this vehicle for 3 years and 40,000 miles. Dealer serviced (a bit expensive) but maintained to the highest standard. It rides well, very comfortable, not fast but quick enough, gets 30mpg on the highway with cruise set at 75. Unflapable handling and excellent feel of the road through the steering. Has bluetooth phone, navigation, sirius satelite radio, heated seats and stering wheel and 4 wheel drive to boot. Even with 85,000mi on the odometer, it drives like a new vehicle no shakes or ratttles, no wind noise and has never missed a day of service. I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves driving."

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Best car I have ever had in my 29 years of owning cars. Just exceeds the 1969 Camaro SS, with big block engine, I had in high school and this car is very refined for a middle aged guy, I don't have to repair it and the performance is amazing. It is almost as fun as driving my brother's 2007 Porsche 911 from a performance perspective, but the ride is way better and alot easier to drive daily."

NOT RELIABLE

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive and the ride."

Cons: "Can't afford the constant repairs."

"Owned this car since new and all servicing has been done by the dealer according to scheduled times. Great car to drive and looks great. However, it has been in the shop too many times and this year alone we've paid the dealer $6,900 to replace two faulty computers (AWD and another one they found defective) front brakes only, new battery, and a few other incidentals. The engineering on this car is bad! We will sell it once it is out of the shop becasue can don't believe it will keep running and we can't afford the repairs."

4 Passenger Performance Car

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

"As parent with two kids, a 2 door was out of the question. The 530i is a very nice car; however, the sports package transforms the car into a high performance sports car. The styling is unique while retaining BMW styling cues. I have grown to love the styling and still receive compliments. Most magazine writers complain about I-Drive which I dont understand. I-Drive takes a few minutes to learn the menus but afterwards is easy to use and very ergonomic. The interior is very comfortable and visually pleasing. My only complaint is the run flat tires. The soft compound makes the tires prone to pick-up flats (I have had 4 in less than 4 years). The tires are expensive to replace (since BMW & Bridgestone recommend replacement vs. patch). If I was in the market for a new sedan, I would go for the 535 as it offers 300 hp and 300 lb/ft of torque by adding dual turbos to BMWs infamous inline 6. Definatley order the sports package if you want wring the performance out of the 5. Since a Porsche 911 doesnt offer 4 doors, the 530i is a great alternative."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals