2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1086 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

I bought this car brand new in 2009 & still own it

By on Monday, September 12, 2016

Pros: "Dependable, long last, high quality, fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive up front, but worth it over time"

"I bought this car in 2009 with only 18 miles on it. About 7 years and 107,700 miles later, it still drives like new. I have only replaced my run flat tires 3 times, as they seem to last longer than expected, got new brakes about a year ago, I replaced the battery about 2 years ago, just replaced all the spark plugs and engine coils (tune up) about 6 months ago and aside from synthetic oil changes every 8-10k miles, that's it for maintenance or repairs. This car is fast for a base model sedan, handles well and has been the most dependable car I've ever owned, never breaking down, not even once. The interior has also held up well, with the spring in one of the cup holders being the only thing that has broken. In fact, when it's clean, my car still looks brand new (not a single dent) and no one can believe it's a 2009! I can see myself easily driving this car for several more years now that it's paid off. For me, it was totally worth the money."

driving enthousiest will love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "handling and stereo"

Cons: "repair cost and dealorships"

"I have had my 328i with sport package now for over 3 years. It has been a great car to own and drive. I have only owned sports cars and this is one of the best. Also have a M3, and for traveling I like my 328 better. The stereo and handling are the best. German cars have a reputation for being problematic but I haven't had any big issues with either of my beamers. I do recommend avoiding the dealerships and changing the oil more frequently than BMW suggest if you want to keep it long term."

Certified Pre-Owned

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great in winter, comfortable"

Cons: "No spare tire"

"I bought my 3-Series after searching for months and this was last resort that I stopped at BMW to see what used cars they had on the lot. I haven't bought a used car in over a decade and wasn't thrilled with the idea of buying them again because of headaches. I saw this car in my price range and fell in love. The warranty was better than any new cars I was looking at so was the price. The car is fantastic and drives like a dream. The car is mechanically sound and the body was in great condition. I have been driving it for over a year and will buy again. I would highly recommend a certified pre-owned BMW"

Get ready for a rush

By on Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pros: "handling, looks, technology, Torque"

Cons: "pricey to maintain - unless you DIY."

"This is a used budget sports car. Really it drives and handles like a sports car NOT like a sports sedan. I would rate the fun of this car with the fun of my Porsche 911. this is a 8 and a P car is a 9. 10 can only be for perfection. Yet this is a lot cheaper to purchase. Its a turbo so its blazing fast, like 4.8 second fast, stops at a penny. Shifts are smooth, tech package is great. M Sport package is a must. Maintenance is also a must. So either pull up your selves or shed the bills. Make sure you save records, find a reliable and independent mechanic. Yet quite reliable and blends in with other BMWs which is a good thing. Its a very well built car. just stay on top of oil changes, spark plugs and coolant. loves tires as it goes fast and handles the road so, so well. Dont buy it for your kids, its for you... Everyone in our family loves it. Super happy with it for a long time now."

Great car, has been really good.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "nimble, great handling, good fuel consumption"

Cons: "run-flat tires, tight trunk opening space"

"The engine and driving is still solid. I expected to go past 250,000. I don't care too much about the run-flat tires, and the black paint on the roof trimming is starting to peel off. Mechanically, it's in great shape though."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals