2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1086 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

One of the sports sedans

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"Purchased in october of 2009, Car has been mostly problem free so far. After the first cold day of the winter, the TPMS went off, and required a trip to the dealer to reset the system. Since then there really has not been any problems. The engine is still extremely smooth, and has ample power for the car. Its not as fast as some other cars, but the confidence it gives you as a driver is very reassuring. The car feels solid, when you hit a large bump, its a deep thud, not a a weak sounding clang. The car holds on corners very well, and feel as balanced at 80 as it is a 40. This car has the ability, with its heavy steering, and excellent body control to let the driver drive much faster than they think they are. Inside, the standard seats could use lumbar support after long drives on the highway. The climate control takes some time to cool down the car in the summer, possibly due to low airflow from the vents. The rear climate control is a plus, as the backseat is best for two, and is a little tight for larger than average adults.The clear gauges and no-nonsense dash still show luxury with its woodtrim, and most pieces feel as they should in a mid $30k car. Unfortunately, you pay for the BMW badge, and driving experience. Our car was almost 40k with the 328i xdrive, auto, winter package, pwer. seats, and upgraded 17" V style wheels. The 2009 sedan refresh looks very sporty in space grey metallic. The interior is mostly carried over, but the exterior differences are an improvement. Overall, this car lives up to its reputation as solidly built, and wonderful to drive, but its also not a value deal compared to audi's A4, MB. Class and even the likes of the Lexus IS, Infiniti G37/25 and Acura TSX/TL. In fact, the 328 doesn't have bluetooth standard, an omission in this class of car."

By on Sunday, March 29, 2009

"I bought this 2006 325i with 17,000 miles on it and it had an extended service warranty on it as well. Dealership has been great as they travel 30 minutes to pick this car up at my house for any servicing. I can not imagine owning anything but a BMW after this. My wife loved my car so much she bought a X3 for herself. One other perk, car insurance dropped once we added the BMW to it."

Lived up to my dreams

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "great to drive, good on gas, solid in bad weather"

Cons: "cup holder location. As if that's a Big deal."

"Finally able to get a BMW when I handed the Nissan to my daughter when she turned 16. This car has been great to drive for the past 8 years and 140k+ miles. The 325xi AWD is the most sure-footed car, better in the snow than the Volvo XC90, better than FWD Nissan or Hyundai. It is responsive on the accelerator, brake, and especially the steering. Good on gas on the highways, getting over 30mph when averaging over the posted. Downside? The cupholders are not in a good place. And the back seat is not good for an adult traveling more than 2 hours. Next car is another BMW, but I plan to take delivery in Germany for that one."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"I love driving this car. It handles well on the road, even when there is ice/snow (the DTC does wonders)"

My first "Ultimate Driving Experience"

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Flawless on smooth roads !"

Cons: "Run Flat tires, no place for change and sunglasses"

"I have been a devoted Lexus driver for more than 10 years. I have to say my 2008 328i (only 14,000 miles on it) is a joy to drive. The precision handling is simply unsurpassed. Does it glide as smoothly as a Lexus? NO, but I didn't expect it to. This is a sports sedan with much more taut suspension. I drove the car from Houston back to Dallas and I was extremely comfortable in it as a 6 ft. 220 lb. man. On smooth roads (freeways) this car is AMAZING. I got her up to 100 mph without any effort at all, and lots of power to spare. The car is technologically advanced. Fortunately mine does NOT have the iDrive system however which I have heard is rather confusing, but even without that system, the car is full of bells and whistles and monitoring systems of all sorts. The heated seats are simply sublime. Great stereo system and hands-free bluetooth. The ONLY complaints I have are the same as other drivers... the cup-holders and the run flat tires. Other than that - it's about as perfect as it gets."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals