2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1086 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Get ready for a rush

By on Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pros: "handling, looks, technology, Torque"

Cons: "pricey to maintain - unless you DIY."

"This is a used budget sports car. Really it drives and handles like a sports car NOT like a sports sedan. I would rate the fun of this car with the fun of my Porsche 911. this is a 8 and a P car is a 9. 10 can only be for perfection. Yet this is a lot cheaper to purchase. Its a turbo so its blazing fast, like 4.8 second fast, stops at a penny. Shifts are smooth, tech package is great. M Sport package is a must. Maintenance is also a must. So either pull up your selves or shed the bills. Make sure you save records, find a reliable and independent mechanic. Yet quite reliable and blends in with other BMWs which is a good thing. Its a very well built car. just stay on top of oil changes, spark plugs and coolant. loves tires as it goes fast and handles the road so, so well. Dont buy it for your kids, its for you... Everyone in our family loves it. Super happy with it for a long time now."

Great car, has been really good.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "nimble, great handling, good fuel consumption"

Cons: "run-flat tires, tight trunk opening space"

"The engine and driving is still solid. I expected to go past 250,000. I don't care too much about the run-flat tires, and the black paint on the roof trimming is starting to peel off. Mechanically, it's in great shape though."

Super fun car to drive, great experience!

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "None that mattered to me!"

"You can "own the road" when you drive this car. Handles beautifully, has great power and responsiveness. Surprisingly good on gas, considering the 6-cylinder, twin turbo engine. Has been very reliable, with no significant issues in the 4 years I've owned it. Very comfortable, and truly is the "ultimate driving machine!""

The car feels like an extension to my own body!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Agility and handling"

Cons: "Moderate to expensive maintanence"

"Of course a 3 series BMW is a bit pricey, but it has always been well worth every penny. It's agility and handling is spot on! The car feels like an extension to my own body...reacting as quickly as I do to any situation. My wagon can handle the dogs, the groceries, or all my camera and studio equipment with it's roomy hatchback, but has all the pep and speed I need when I'm out on the open road. It can hit 110 like cutting butter so watch out! This ain't no soccer-mom car! One piece of advice is to NEVER take it anywhere else other than a BMW dealer for maintenance. You never want to fool with foreign parts on any vehicle let alone this one...I will always believe that every car manufacturer designs it's cars with factory parts to work synergistically with each other...plus I want the resale value with original and manufacturer only parts ."

More Car and Driver writers drive a BMW3

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "31 mpg highway from 150 mph car? (26.1 avg)"

Cons: "Color was discontinued, very hard to match."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

"I traded my '98 528i to this '06 325i Sport. Both are excellent, but serve slightly different purposes. 3s are a compact "sport coupe" (so to speak). They lean more to performance than just amenified luxury, though no BMW suffers in the performance or safety department. I think BMW inline 6cyl are just about the most robust and efficient engine in it's class produced, and tout with regular factory service as specified, you can keep almost any BMW running forever. The 3 is fun, responsive, yet refined, safe, and very street-able. A fun yet sensicle combo."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals