ZIP code

2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1086 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Not worthit

By on Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Bought this car as a CPO with 30k miles on it, navi,sport pack, cold weather pack etc. Cars performance cannot be matched by any other car in this class, but the car is constantly in shop. Fuel pump changed 2x, engine lite came on 4x. Also, tires wear out fast and expensive to replace. Avoid the 335i, and get 328i with sport pack."

Super fun car to drive, great experience!

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "None that mattered to me!"

"You can "own the road" when you drive this car. Handles beautifully, has great power and responsiveness. Surprisingly good on gas, considering the 6-cylinder, twin turbo engine. Has been very reliable, with no significant issues in the 4 years I've owned it. Very comfortable, and truly is the "ultimate driving machine!""

simply a joy to drive, but....

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Driving dynamics are superior to any other vehicle"

Cons: "reliabitlty and uneasiness of self repairs."

"We simply love to drive this beemer. Its outfitted with the sports package and hugs the road tightly. Most people think this package is a bit rough but we don't think so. Compared to the base model I feel that this suspension (sport) is far superior for road manners. Driving dynamics and interior comfort are supreme aspects, however there are a few notable flaws. Reliability has never really been the strong arm of bmw's. Still goes true for us as we have already had to replace the electric water pump. There have been other issues that have come and since been repaired but all have seem to surface after the expiration of the warranty, go figure! Love/hate relationship but it's still in our driveway so we must love it more than we hate it?"

Never Again

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"Purchased 09 335xi used, BMW executive car, from local BMW dealer. Have driven the car 4500 miles back in the shop with its second engine malfunction, that is what the dash calls it. The first time it was in for a week and now who knows it was just towed in. Which is another story BMW assist, what a joke! I called at 8 this morning and was on the phone with the representative for 30 minutes, she could not find any tow company to pick up my car. After 30 minutes she confirmed that a tow truck would be there by 10:15, over 2 hours after my first call. At 11:00 the tow truck came but apparently my car did not have a tow hook, BMW's cannot be towed without a special facotry supplied hook which I did not have, never checked. I traded by Infinity FX with 145,000 miles which was never in the shop for the piece of garbage. Never Again will I own a BMW."

The car feels like an extension to my own body!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Agility and handling"

Cons: "Moderate to expensive maintanence"

"Of course a 3 series BMW is a bit pricey, but it has always been well worth every penny. It's agility and handling is spot on! The car feels like an extension to my own body...reacting as quickly as I do to any situation. My wagon can handle the dogs, the groceries, or all my camera and studio equipment with it's roomy hatchback, but has all the pep and speed I need when I'm out on the open road. It can hit 110 like cutting butter so watch out! This ain't no soccer-mom car! One piece of advice is to NEVER take it anywhere else other than a BMW dealer for maintenance. You never want to fool with foreign parts on any vehicle let alone this one...I will always believe that every car manufacturer designs it's cars with factory parts to work synergistically with each other...plus I want the resale value with original and manufacturer only parts ."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals