2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1087 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

driving enthousiest will love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "handling and stereo"

Cons: "repair cost and dealorships"

"I have had my 328i with sport package now for over 3 years. It has been a great car to own and drive. I have only owned sports cars and this is one of the best. Also have a M3, and for traveling I like my 328 better. The stereo and handling are the best. German cars have a reputation for being problematic but I haven't had any big issues with either of my beamers. I do recommend avoiding the dealerships and changing the oil more frequently than BMW suggest if you want to keep it long term."

Certified Pre-Owned

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great in winter, comfortable"

Cons: "No spare tire"

"I bought my 3-Series after searching for months and this was last resort that I stopped at BMW to see what used cars they had on the lot. I haven't bought a used car in over a decade and wasn't thrilled with the idea of buying them again because of headaches. I saw this car in my price range and fell in love. The warranty was better than any new cars I was looking at so was the price. The car is fantastic and drives like a dream. The car is mechanically sound and the body was in great condition. I have been driving it for over a year and will buy again. I would highly recommend a certified pre-owned BMW"

Great car, has been really good.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "nimble, great handling, good fuel consumption"

Cons: "run-flat tires, tight trunk opening space"

"The engine and driving is still solid. I expected to go past 250,000. I don't care too much about the run-flat tires, and the black paint on the roof trimming is starting to peel off. Mechanically, it's in great shape though."

Not worthit

By on Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Bought this car as a CPO with 30k miles on it, navi,sport pack, cold weather pack etc. Cars performance cannot be matched by any other car in this class, but the car is constantly in shop. Fuel pump changed 2x, engine lite came on 4x. Also, tires wear out fast and expensive to replace. Avoid the 335i, and get 328i with sport pack."

Super fun car to drive, great experience!

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "None that mattered to me!"

"You can "own the road" when you drive this car. Handles beautifully, has great power and responsiveness. Surprisingly good on gas, considering the 6-cylinder, twin turbo engine. Has been very reliable, with no significant issues in the 4 years I've owned it. Very comfortable, and truly is the "ultimate driving machine!""

simply a joy to drive, but....

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Driving dynamics are superior to any other vehicle"

Cons: "reliabitlty and uneasiness of self repairs."

"We simply love to drive this beemer. Its outfitted with the sports package and hugs the road tightly. Most people think this package is a bit rough but we don't think so. Compared to the base model I feel that this suspension (sport) is far superior for road manners. Driving dynamics and interior comfort are supreme aspects, however there are a few notable flaws. Reliability has never really been the strong arm of bmw's. Still goes true for us as we have already had to replace the electric water pump. There have been other issues that have come and since been repaired but all have seem to surface after the expiration of the warranty, go figure! Love/hate relationship but it's still in our driveway so we must love it more than we hate it?"

"The Ultimate Driving Machine"!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pros: "BMW thinks f everything. What a blast to drive!"

Cons: "N/A"

"What a complete hoot to drive. BMW thinks of everything to make your driving experience the very best!!! I have only one regret....it reminds me of seeing HD TV for the first time... I never knew what I was missing...Now, I'm hooked! I can't see ever driving anything else, if I can be so lucky!"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Fast, 4WD, great gas mileage. Constant attention!"

Cons: "No navigation on this model."

My car!

"I've done research on the BMW 3 series and the BMW x3. So over the past 5 months I've decided on the 3 series due to having the best reviews. I purchased the 2006 BMW 330xi in white, so far, I really love this car...better than my Cadillac Escalade I traded in. I can't say how much I am really satisfied with my purchase, its compact, fits into small parking spaces, and the 4WD makes it even better due to the Chicago snow. I will update again after my one year anniversary of having the car."

My car!

The car feels like an extension to my own body!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Agility and handling"

Cons: "Moderate to expensive maintanence"

"Of course a 3 series BMW is a bit pricey, but it has always been well worth every penny. It's agility and handling is spot on! The car feels like an extension to my own body...reacting as quickly as I do to any situation. My wagon can handle the dogs, the groceries, or all my camera and studio equipment with it's roomy hatchback, but has all the pep and speed I need when I'm out on the open road. It can hit 110 like cutting butter so watch out! This ain't no soccer-mom car! One piece of advice is to NEVER take it anywhere else other than a BMW dealer for maintenance. You never want to fool with foreign parts on any vehicle let alone this one...I will always believe that every car manufacturer designs it's cars with factory parts to work synergistically with each other...plus I want the resale value with original and manufacturer only parts ."

More Car and Driver writers drive a BMW3

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "31 mpg highway from 150 mph car? (26.1 avg)"

Cons: "Color was discontinued, very hard to match."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

"I traded my '98 528i to this '06 325i Sport. Both are excellent, but serve slightly different purposes. 3s are a compact "sport coupe" (so to speak). They lean more to performance than just amenified luxury, though no BMW suffers in the performance or safety department. I think BMW inline 6cyl are just about the most robust and efficient engine in it's class produced, and tout with regular factory service as specified, you can keep almost any BMW running forever. The 3 is fun, responsive, yet refined, safe, and very street-able. A fun yet sensicle combo."

Parked on the lot before I signed the dotted line.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals