2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 1055 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Nice ride when running!

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Styling. Ride."

Cons: "Not reliable. Money pit. Bad engineering"

"Does not deserve the reputation for quality or engineering. Beautiful styling, and comfortable ride. But that's where the positives end. Ordered mine from the factory new. Had problems from the first month I took delivery. First 4 years (50K miles) BMW fixed everything at no charge. But after 50K when the warranty expired I started paying about $4,000 to $6,000 per year for repaires, not counting scheduled maintenance. Before buying the BMW I had 5 Hondas. I thought I was upgrading in quality when I bought the BMW. What a mistake! New Honda CRV just came out. I am trading the BMW in and never buying one again."

Switching from Honda to BMW from here on out!

By on Friday, September 04, 2009

"Pros: Style, Power, Accurate Steer, glued to the road, a/c, dealer experience, 1.9% financing, year end deals. Cons: Seats don't breath, Premium gas. All in all, a much nicer experience than the Accord 6cyl for just a few thousand more. Don't buy the wheel/tire insurance, run flat replacements are less than $200 each. Also don't buy the i-pod adapter, go to the apple store and save over $300."

Great car, has been really good.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "nimble, great handling, good fuel consumption"

Cons: "run-flat tires, tight trunk opening space"

"The engine and driving is still solid. I expected to go past 250,000. I don't care too much about the run-flat tires, and the black paint on the roof trimming is starting to peel off. Mechanically, it's in great shape though."

driving enthousiest will love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "handling and stereo"

Cons: "repair cost and dealorships"

"I have had my 328i with sport package now for over 3 years. It has been a great car to own and drive. I have only owned sports cars and this is one of the best. Also have a M3, and for traveling I like my 328 better. The stereo and handling are the best. German cars have a reputation for being problematic but I haven't had any big issues with either of my beamers. I do recommend avoiding the dealerships and changing the oil more frequently than BMW suggest if you want to keep it long term."

Just Drive One! you'll never go back to domestic

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Worth the price tag, very reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bridgestone tires, and back seat leg room."

"I believe in supporting the American ecomony and buy as much "Made in the USA" as I can. But not this.... I started dreaming about BMW ownership when I was 22 after I was privileged enough to drive one from Calgary to Vancouver - through the mountain passes, and on the Coq. 14 years later I finally bought one and have NEVER LOOKED BACK. When they say its the Ultimate Driving Machine - they're not blowing smoke. I bought my 325i as a 2 yr old, it is fully equipped with the premium and sport packages and from the second I rolled it off the car lot I was sold. The steering and suspension are stiff and true, there is not an ounce of hesitation when its time to go, it is completly effortless. It has NEVER let me down. I have maintained the car as recommended and have not had a problem. I agree with other reviews though, the Bridgestone Potenza RFT stock tires are CRAPOLA. they are loud, hard, and wear out prematurely and are also ridiculously expensive for such a worthless piece of rubber. The only reason I gave the rating a 9/10 is because there is limited leg room in the back seat. Ok for small kids, but too tight for adults. If you're considering a move to a luxury/sport, just drive one. The best way to describe the way this car drives is to say it has a resting heart rate of 80 mph."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals