2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 974 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

No "Foo - Foo" a true Drivers Car

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Will make you smile every time you drive."

Cons: "A great back seat for two only."

The Ultimate Driving Machine!

"When you spend time with this machine, you will see that someone took the extra time, to engineer and design every little function and detail. Controls make sense, gauges make sense, engine sounds make sense, road feel and overall performance was built into the car from the ground up, not just added on. The engine does its job and is happy to do so day in day out. The transmission is silky smooth, and you can feel the years of engineering in everything the car does. A firm and comfortable ride with enough luxury and performance to keep everyone happy. If you do get enough of the sweet engine sounds, the multiple speaker dual sub woofer sound system is perfect for all music. Black and white gauges, powerful engine, crisp clean look with no "Foo Foo" or fluff anywhere."

The Ultimate Driving Machine!

fun to drive, expensive to repair

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "very expensive to repair"

"car has had some problems, nothing major. The red warning light for the transmission just started coming on and it had to get water pump replaced, $1000. I would not buy a used bmw without having a well trained shop check it out and run diagnostic computer tests on it before buying it."

Excellent car,

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Drive dynamics, acceleration, looks"

Cons: "Run Flat Tires"

"What a great ride this car has been. The only and really only complain that I have is the Run Flat Tires. Not that they are not comfortable ride, rather just that there is no room in the trunk for spare tire, so if you want to switch to Non-RFTs, you have no spare. It is one of the best rides that I have had, gas economy is good, speed and drive dynamics are awesome!"

Great performance marred by reliability issues.

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Performance"

Cons: "Reliability and cost to own"

"My BMW 335i has a great engine and, with the sport package, excellent handling although the ride is quite firm but I like it like that. I bought it used - it was not CPO - with about a year left on the original warranty. I purchased an extended warranty when the original expired. Good thing I did, because the extended warranty has saved me thousands, more than twice what it cost with a year still remaining. Problems include water pump, fuel sending unit and injectors, electric window and mirror mechanisms, suspension mounts, plus more and not to mention that maintenance and tires are insanely expensive. I love the car and will probably get another but would not own any Bimmer without warranty protection."

Truly an ultimate driving machine!

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Great car to drive, less maintenance"

Cons: "Mileage"

"I owned my 325xi since March of 2006. So far, I just love my car! It is a pleasure to drive it. You wouldn't appreciate the real pleasure of driving this car unless you drive a rental car for maybe couple of weeks and come back to it. Maintenance - After the factory warranty had expired in 2010, I had two major expenses out of pocket - 1) Replaced the front and rear break pads in 2011 ~ $500 2) Replaced the battery for the first time in 2014 ~ $300. Other than those two expenses, I just do the normal engine oil service, break fluid flush, etc. The only concern I have at the moment is about the mileage, I only get ~18 Miles/Ga at the moment maybe due to my city commute to work."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals