2008 BMW 3 Series

Based on 974 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

THE BEST CAR EVER! DEFINITELY GETTING ANOTHER BMW

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND RELIABILITY"

Cons: "TIRES COST TOO MUCH"

"THE BEST LUXURY CAR FOR VALUE OUT THERE"

THE BEST CAR EVER! DEFINITELY GETTING ANOTHER BMW

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND RELIABILITY"

Cons: "TIRES COST TOO MUCH"

"THE BEST LUXURY CAR FOR VALUE OUT THERE"

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "A blast to drive, good on gas."

Cons: "A little bit pricey"

"The 2011 328i with X-Drive is an incredibly sweet driving car, with plenty of power, great styling and build quality, and it hasn't been fazed by the worst conditions that this last winter has thrown at us. I did experience the failure of a tire pressure monitoring module, replaced under warranty. Real-world fuel economy is averaging between 23 - 27 MPG, which is pretty good in the hilly terrain around Pittsburgh, PA. The styling is virtually identical to the newer F30 models and only a BMW buff can really tell them apart."

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "A blast to drive, good on gas."

Cons: "A little bit pricey"

New diesels are great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Fast, great handleing, quiet, and great fuel eccon"

Cons: "Lousy cup holders."

"This vehicle combines power (425 ft lbs torque), handling, luxury, and fuel economy in an amazing package. One of the most satisfying cars I've ever owned. The 335d is one of the best vehicles ever built. The sport suspension is a little hard, but not in the middle of a tight fast corner."

Fun to drive. Confidence building. Dependable.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"This is one of the most fun and enjoyable cars I have owned."

Amazing car. Love it

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"Great power, fun and reliable."

Wish I'd bought it 10 years ago

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Cons: "front seat belts"

"Because it makes even the commute to work a pleasure."

Handles like a sports car. Power to spare.

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "True Driver's car. Worthy of the name."

Cons: "Rear visibility."

"My first BMW was a 2004 325 and it was fantastic but the E90/92 body redesign was to die for and the engine is otherworldly. Six cylinders all in a row and forced induction create that perfect blend of economy, drivability and raw power. Other than a manufacturer's recall for injectors and high pressure fuel pump, this car has only seen scheduled maintenance. It satisfies the boy racer in me and the comfort demanded by my wife perfectly."

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"My previous car was a Nissan Maxima. Comparatively speaking the BMW is much more fun to drive. Not quite as peppy as the Maxima but I decided to give up pep for MPG and driving fun. It's definitely not a family sedan, with a minuscule backseat, but in a pinch you can fit 2 people back there. Manual transmission makes up for the lack of pure horsepower, and the Harmon Kardon sound system rocks! Even with the top down the music plays through the wind noise cleanly. And with the top up the interior is whisper quiet. All in all very happy with the car and dropping the top adds a whole new dimension to driving. One of the few cars on the market that I think is worth the money."

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Great performance marred by reliability issues.

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Performance"

Cons: "Reliability and cost to own"

"My BMW 335i has a great engine and, with the sport package, excellent handling although the ride is quite firm but I like it like that. I bought it used - it was not CPO - with about a year left on the original warranty. I purchased an extended warranty when the original expired. Good thing I did, because the extended warranty has saved me thousands, more than twice what it cost with a year still remaining. Problems include water pump, fuel sending unit and injectors, electric window and mirror mechanisms, suspension mounts, plus more and not to mention that maintenance and tires are insanely expensive. I love the car and will probably get another but would not own any Bimmer without warranty protection."

good

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful to drive"

Cons: "expensive to buy and repair"

"Reliable, fantastic driving experience, great in the snow. this car gets about 22 miles highway 18/19 miles per gallon in the city. Sits low to the ground and often does not due well on bad new England roads .I have had this car for eight years and all of a sudden it is one thing after the other. If money is not an issue this is a great car having this car repaired is extremely expensive. For this reason I would not buy another."

Cons: "Mushy Suspension, Play Nice with your Dealership"

"2011 BMW 335 X-Drive M-Sport 6spd. manual Coupe Lemans Blue N55 engine. I-drive, HK Audio, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist and Camera, fully optioned. Washed and waxed Weekly in the summer...I even pulled the wheels to give the wells and insides of the wheels a thorough cleaning. Love Love Love Love the car. Great driving dynamics, strong powerful appearance, comfortable and incredibly stable. It was a real head turner. I leased it with full intentions of buying the car...Gas mileage is great. Acceleration is a little lacking. You can definitely tell this is a heavy car but it pulls hard to red-line. Handling is nice. The car is a bit soft with the suspension. I think even with the M package it needs a more firm suspension. The car leans out a bit too much in turns. It's honestly a great car. Id get another if it wasn't so darn unreliable. I now my partner misses it. I know what you're going to think, punk kids. Im a 33yo male and my husband is 34. We take meticulous care of our vehicles and have a spirited driving style. We drive our cars hard but don't beat on them. With-in the first 3000 miles. Fuel Rail, Fuel Pump, Injectors, and fuel lines replaced. 4500 miles, door handles peeling, engine control module replaced, right tail pipe/muffler replaced. I love my car 7000 miles, car stalls every time you come to a stop, replaced another electronic module. 8000 miles car idle dips to 500rpm then flutters between that and 1200rpm. Spark plugs and Fuel pump replaced. 8200 miles, car doesn't roar to life when cold started....it kinda limps to life. Battery replaced, starter and some ignition wiring harness. I love my car 9000 miles, replaced both key fobs comfort access was not working. 9200 miles replaced those horrid Michelin Pilot Sport run flats with Continental Extremes....amazing tires BTW 10000 miles Right front wheel bearing replaced 10500 miles taking a very long time to start from cold, replaced some electrical harness and main computer Yes Ill take my black 335d loaner 12000 miles replaced computer, again I still love my car and my Loaner 335d 13000 miles serious engine malfunction.....limp mode 0-60 in 8 minutes 15000 miles replaced battery leads 15500 engine malfunction again limp mode 3 weeks in my 335d loaner BMW Rep involved 16000 miles parking sensors failed replace control module. 18000 miles control arms replaced BMW Still reviewing complaints 22000 miles wow its been doing okay 22010 miles stalled and then in limp mode replaced a wiring harness 30000 miles fuel pump, moved to Chicago....perfect trip no issues New BMW Rep 31500 stalling at every stop replaced computer and some sensors 32000 cam position sensors lot 32050 check engine light Limp mode 32500 service issue I cant mention 35000 total failure....turbo charger not spooling replacement of that and some other electrical sensors at a different shop. I really like this 535i loaner I love my car again BMW did extensive diagnostics and deemed the car fixed 36000 sensor malfunction car sputtering at intersections new revised software and computer replaced....13 faults detected. this shop is awesome Lease is coming due Do we keep it or give it back and go back to Audi. Contacted BMW Requesting 100,000 Service and Bumper to Bumper Warranty. 40000 miles Severe engine malfunction replaced some wiring harnesses and sensors this 535 is a beautiful car. 40750 new fuel pump and injectors. new water pump, new brakes due to excessive scoring in 2 rotors 40850 excessive rattling in the muffler(s) new exhaust. I am so digging this 535i 41000 miles New Computer. oh wow the 235M..... 45000 miles don't worry service manager car is 100% we just need washer fluid and new wipers Reply from BMW $1000 towards an extended service contract only. Are you kidding?! 46000 miles The day we went to turn the car in and be done with BMW forever....the service manager and sales manager stepped up. They felt so bad about how this car was and the junk response from BMW. They appreciated how we kept our cool. Needless to say we left my partners new 235M on order and I bought myself a 550i M-sport 6speed and a brand new set of winter tires and wheels the dealership gave to us for both vehicles."

Cons: "Mushy Suspension, Play Nice with your Dealership"

"2011 BMW 335 X-Drive M-Sport 6spd. manual Coupe Lemans Blue N55 engine. I-drive, HK Audio, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist and Camera, fully optioned. Love Love Love Love the car. Great driving dynamics, strong powerful appearance, comfortable and incredibly stable. It was a real head turner. I leased it with full intentions of buying the car...Gas mileage is great. Acceleration is a little lacking. You can definitely tell this is a heavy car but it pulls hard to red-line. Handling is nice. The car is a bit soft with the suspension. I think even with the M package it needs a more firm suspension. The car leans out a bit too much in turns. It's honestly a great car. Id get another if it wasn't so darn unreliable. I now my partner misses it. With-in the first 3000 miles. Fuel Rail, Fuel Pump, Injectors, and fuel lines replaced. 4500 miles, door handles peeling, engine control module replaced, right tail pipe/muffler replaced. I love my car 7000 miles, car stalls every time you come to a stop, replaced another electronic module. 8000 miles car idle dips to 500rpm then flutters between that and 1200rpm. Spark plugs and Fuel pump replaced. 8200 miles, car doesn't roar to life when cold started....it kinda limps to life. Battery replaced, starter and some ignition wiring harness. I love my car 9000 miles, replaced both key fobs comfort access was not working. 9200 miles replaced those horrid Michelin Pilot Sport run flats with Continental Extremes....amazing tires BTW 10000 miles Right front wheel bearing replaced 10500 miles taking a very long time to start from cold, replaced some electrical harness and main computer Yes Ill take my black 335d loaner 12000 miles replaced computer, again I still love my car and my Loaner 335d 13000 miles serious engine malfunction.....limp mode 0-60 in 8 minutes 15000 miles replaced battery leads 15500 engine malfunction again limp mode 3 weeks in my 335d loaner BMW Rep involved 16000 miles parking sensors failed replace control module. 18000 miles control arms replaced BMW Still reviewing complaints 22000 miles wow its been doing okay 22010 miles stalled and then in limp mode replaced a wiring harness 30000 miles fuel pump, moved to Chicago....perfect trip no issues New BMW Rep 31500 stalling at every stop replaced computer and some sensors 32000 cam position sensors lot 32050 check engine light Limp mode 32500 service issue I cant mention 35000 total failure....turbo charger not spooling replacement of that and some other electrical sensors at a different shop. I really like this 535i loaner I love my car again BMW did extensive diagnostics and deemed the car fixed 36000 sensor malfunction car sputtering at intersections new revised software and computer replaced....13 faults detected. this shop is awesome Lease is coming due Do we keep it or give it back and go back to Audi. Contacted BMW Requesting 100,000 Service and Bumper to Bumper Warranty. 40000 miles Severe engine malfunction replaced some wiring harnesses and sensors this 535 is a beautiful car. 40750 new fuel pump and injectors. new water pump, new brakes due to excessive scoring in 2 rotors 40850 excessive rattling in the muffler(s) new exhaust. I am so digging this 535i 41000 miles New Computer. oh wow the 235M..... 45000 miles don't worry service manager car is 100% we just need washer fluid and new wipers Reply from BMW $1000 towards an extended service contract only. Are you kidding?! 46000 miles The day we went to turn the car in and be done with BMW forever....the service manager and sales manager stepped up. They felt so bad about how this car was and the junk response from BMW. They appreciated how we kept our cool. Needless to say we left my partners new 235M on order and I bought myself a 550i M-sport 6speed and a brand new set of winter tires and wheels the dealership gave to us for both vehicles."

Cons: "Mushy Suspension, Play Nice with your Dealership"

Love, love, love this car

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "True experience to drive and ride in"

Cons: "Uses premium gas, but worth it"

"I've had nothing but satisfaction with this car. I love how it handles, fits, rides, it flies down the road. I just want to get a "newer" version. I bought this used and have had it for 2 years this month. I put in the garage for the winter and drive my older car on the rock salt. I hate putting it in the garage for the winter because it's a dream to drive and fun to be in, but I love it enough to want it to hold up and last."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 3 Series near Honolulu. See local deals