2009 BMW 1 Series

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Great Vehicle!

By on Friday, January 8, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2010 135i convertible with the M sport Package. I have to admit I am extremely impressed with the performance. Although the car exhibits slight understeer; this is the best handling BMW I have ever owned. The 6 speed has relatively short throws, but has crisp engagement. One note of interest is that this BMW is easy to shift into second gear. All previous BMWs (5) I have owned "buck" in second gear without any way to operate the shift smoothly in that gear. Acceleration is also excellent, but it does have a little hesitation off the line until the turbos kick-in. The front sport seats are comfortable and offer excellent lateral support. Little room in the back expect for kids under 10 years of age. The trunk is decent sized and can hold one meidum sized suitcase or 2 duffel bags. I have the standard stereo and the sound is outstanding with tight, deep base. No reason to pay for the upgraded system. The price is a little high (I paid 48K) for an "entry level" car, but the performance makes up for it."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"I've had my 128I convertible for 2 months now and its a fun car to drive. It has great pickup and handles curves great. The back seat is better than some of the cars that we looked at but it is tight. The only problem that I have had with the car is the top. It was warped in the back when we got it so they ordered a new top and replaced it. Now the inside lining is coming apart and they had to order a new liner but it is back ordered for an unknown amount of time. The tires either don't keep their pressure very well or the sensors are too sensative because I have had to put air in the tires twice so far. Other than that I have had no problems with the car."

DONT BUY THIS CAR

By on Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pros: "alot of repairs and very expense to repair"

Cons: "pretty looking car"

"I have had several repairs done to this car. Comfort control board burned up, windshield ctacked in the parking lot, water pump, turbo failed under warrenty, power window motor failed. All in less than 100k miles. I own a fleet of 9 autos now this one cost over twice as much to kept on the road. When you see BMW on a car RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!"

M Sport package makes all the difference

By on Saturday, April 29, 2017

Pros: "Handling, performance, reliability."

"BMWs with the M Sport Package are rare (M Sport Wheels, badging, sport exhaust, enhances suspension and brakes). The 128, as opposed to the 2012 to present 328 series, has the inline six cylinder engine that is bullet proof. The torque, smooth performance and handling is superior. I highly recommend a one, two or three series with the inline six and M Sport Package!"

It is what it's supposed to be

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun, fast, handles great, economical"

Cons: "Poor design of control panel glass"

"This is a fun, fast, comfortable, good handling, not quite luxury sports coupe. I love driving it and it also gets great mileage. I usually get close to 30 driving 70 on highway trips. I like that it's small. The 3 series is too big for what I wanted. But it does hold enough for me to go on a long camping trip. Only problem so far after 15k miles is that rear deck tail light came loose. Replaced with an upgraded part under waranty. The basic BMW inline 6 has been around forever and I expect it to be completely reliable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 1 Series near Honolulu. See local deals