2008 BMW 1 Series

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"I've had my 128I convertible for 2 months now and its a fun car to drive. It has great pickup and handles curves great. The back seat is better than some of the cars that we looked at but it is tight. The only problem that I have had with the car is the top. It was warped in the back when we got it so they ordered a new top and replaced it. Now the inside lining is coming apart and they had to order a new liner but it is back ordered for an unknown amount of time. The tires either don't keep their pressure very well or the sensors are too sensative because I have had to put air in the tires twice so far. Other than that I have had no problems with the car."

Great driving car

By on Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, nimble, reliable"

Cons: "Not a lot of space, mediocre fuel economy"

"This is one of my favorite cars that I have ever owned. It is incredibly fun to drive, very quick, nimble, handles very well. Its been reliable in the two and a half years I have owned it, no repairs necessary. The downsides are for the most part obvious: its little, so it cant carry more than one tall passenger comfortably, nor can it store a whole lot. The suspension is also a bit stiff. But people interested in this vehicle should already know and expect this. This is a small sports car with a touch of luxury, not a luxury car with a touch of sport."

M Sport package makes all the difference

By on Saturday, April 29, 2017

Pros: "Handling, performance, reliability."

"BMWs with the M Sport Package are rare (M Sport Wheels, badging, sport exhaust, enhances suspension and brakes). The 128, as opposed to the 2012 to present 328 series, has the inline six cylinder engine that is bullet proof. The torque, smooth performance and handling is superior. I highly recommend a one, two or three series with the inline six and M Sport Package!"

It is what it's supposed to be

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun, fast, handles great, economical"

Cons: "Poor design of control panel glass"

"This is a fun, fast, comfortable, good handling, not quite luxury sports coupe. I love driving it and it also gets great mileage. I usually get close to 30 driving 70 on highway trips. I like that it's small. The 3 series is too big for what I wanted. But it does hold enough for me to go on a long camping trip. Only problem so far after 15k miles is that rear deck tail light came loose. Replaced with an upgraded part under waranty. The basic BMW inline 6 has been around forever and I expect it to be completely reliable."

Incredible, comfortable, fast, pleasure to drive

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "drive feel, acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "I miss a manual....but I cannot match shift speed!"

"This car does it all in a small package. Chose it after having driven 5-series for 150k miles and test driving 3-series. It's not much smaller than a 3 and it gets up and goes much faster. Feels rock solid. And it is comfortable, surprisingly so for its size. And no problems whatsoever after having the fuel pump issue serviced the one time. So impressed my wife leased a convertible!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 1 Series near Honolulu. See local deals