2009 Audi TT

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Awesome Ride

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"The Audi TT is an amazingly fun car to drive. I have the 2008 3.2 V6 quattro version and am enjoying every minute of it. I strongly recommend having a professional service the vehicle and follow the manufacturer's recommendations. Have fun."

2008 TT

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"I've had this car for about 4 months, but just started driving it full time a few weeks ago. This is my first Audi and my first sports car. The car in very nimble and loves to pull up those windy hills. Its almost like this car wants me to test it more or something. I am 45 now and don't drive like I did when I was 20; which is good thing. This car though has significantly more to offer than what I put it through. It seems to like the straight away as much as the sharp curves. Although this car is very refined you are quickly reminded it is after all a sports car when you run over those railroad tracks. I love the way the cruise control works and all the automatic stuff like the wipers. The shifting paddles on the steering wheel and the automatic transmission options are very nice - far better than a stick in my opinion. I've only run it up to 125 mph, but the manufacturer has a restrictor set for 130 mph I believe. You would think this car is alive when I say it wants to do more and this is no joke. I've read some that complain that the 200 hp isn't enough, but I am telling you, this car will go. I do more city driving than highway driving, but I still average about 27 mpg which is outstanding considering I had a 4 cylinder Ford Fusion that couldn't seem to do better than 24 mpg. I traded my 2006 Chrysler 300C for the Fusion because I was tired of giving so much to the oil companies. I have more creative places to spend my earned income than the gas pump. I really loved that 300 for the comfort and power, but this TT makes me much happier at the pump and does 5.5 sec 0-60 just like the 300 did. The only real complaint I have; is about the blue tooth phone system. Its constantly kicking on and off with its ding ding and interrupting the stereo every 10 to 20 seconds. I didn't have blue tooth in the other cars and it is far better than having a phone to your ear or even an ear piece. Listening through the speakers is amazing and simply talking back as if the person is sitting right next to you is pretty cool. The back seat is great for a briefcase or something else small because it really isn't intended for anything more. A person has to be 4'11" or shorter to fit back there. My 10 year old daughter sits back there sometimes. My wife loves the hatchback when she grocery shops. She manages to fit two full shopping carts in the back. She loves it. I really didn't pay any attention to Audi until I started surfing the net for replacement car. In the past they never got my attention, but they have my attention now. Those German companies seem to take a lot of pride in their cars because there is serious quality in this car; there is nothing cheap about it. When the time comes that I want a smoother ride, I will likely be looking at some of the other Audi's because they obviously know what they are doing! I almost forgot. The engine should only get the premium fuel. If you do the math, you will find the extra 20 cents per gallon costs about $111 a year more than the 87 octane assuming 15k miles a year at 27 mpg. Also, the manual suggests checking the oil every 1,200 miles because it might burn some oil. I just reached 5,000 miles and have been checking and I haven't had to add any oil. By the way, the side and rear visibility is pretty darn good."

3rd TT

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"This is my third TT. I had a 2000 Coupe, 2005 3.2 Convertible and now I just got a 2008 3.2 Convertible with all options and baseball optic leather. The car is better than the original but not as radical or unique. The navigation and bluetooth that connects to your phone are very practical. The engine has not changed but the car is faster due to its lighter weight. The interior is top class and it looks awesome in madras baseball optic. The magnetic ride in softer setting is great for bumpy city streets without losing handling. The S-tronic transmission is the best manu-matic you can get in any car in the world. Overall it is a very rewarding car, I just wish it had 350 instead of 250 HP..."

looks like a car twice the price

By on Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Test drove an IS350, 328xi and I had a MB300kompressor. The '09 TT is the new body style which is much more aggressive. It took off out of the parking lot onto the freeway and I havent looked back since. Still tons of fun to drive and definitely turns heads from all kinds of other drivers. The front seat lever to get into the back could be improved for efficiency/ease and an optional sunroof would have been amazing."

exceeds expectations, even for audi

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Audi's have raised the bar the last 10 years and in my opinion they are much more appealing than any BMW or Lexus. I feel like I am in a cockpit when I step foot in my TT, and I feel like I own the road. The comfort, styling and appeal is beyond impressive and the car drives better than my previous Audi S4. There aren't many cars out there that I feel looks as nice for the price. The car handles like it is a race car."

ME LIKEY

By on Friday, May 6, 2011

"I've had a crush on the TT since they first came out. I'm just glad I couldn't afford one until they worked out most of the kinks by '08. I love this car. Fun to drive. Great handling. Power when you need to pass. Great MPG (26 city 33 highway) I drove mine form LA to Chicago to Florida and back. Loved every minute of it. I have lower back problems, but the seats in the TT are comfy and fit like a glove. I've never had any of my usual back pain after 6 or more hours of driving. Every other car I've owned got shaky when I got over 80mph. Not the TT. I've had it up to 133mph. I felt a bit shaky but the TT felt solid and ready for more. Darn governor. The back seats however are useless unless your a package or a 10 year old. also the brackets that hold up the backseat self keep breaking. I've also had to replace the plastic engine pan cover. So be careful with speed bumps and those cement parking curbs. One last little thing. The cruise control knob is a bit to close to the turn signal/brightness knob. I notice that at night sometimes instead of putting cruise into resume I'd put the brights on. OPPS!"

Excellent everyday car

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"First Audi ever owned. I've driven a wide variety of sedans, but this is the first real sports car. I took possession on Memorial Day 2008, so I've had the car a little over 3 months. I use this as my everyday commuter car, and I drive 70 miles at least every day. Great car, smooth ride (again, for a sports car not a sedan or SUV), very responsive steering. Just took it in for first scheduled maintenance with no issues with the car. I got the premium package with no extras, as I read bad reviews on the Bluetooth integration, iPod, and so-so DVD navigation. The only option I considered was the mag-ride - but I'm not planning on tracking the car, so I didn't really need it. Absolutely no problems with the interior, exterior or build quality. This thing gets great gas mileage. I've averaged 29MPG even after taking some liberties on twisty roads at high speed. When taking it easy on the highway, I can average 35MPG, but when you open the throttle and play a bit, it will start drinking heavily. Just take it easy most of the time and you'll be alright. Visibility concerned me, but after a couple of weeks you get comfortable driving in any traffic conditions. The coupe has a large rear window and the side mirrors are massive. I've had loads of comments on the car from strangers, and they all think it's a great looking car. I don't plan on selling this, so I'm not concerned about resale value, but this car is definitely worth every penny."

Great car all around, but ...

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Awesome road holding!"

Cons: "Just a few listed in the review."

"It's absolutely a great car. I owned a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S before, and the roadholding of this quattro is just as good (for half the price!) and it's like glue on the road. After test driving both the 2.0 turbo and the 3.2 6-cyl, I opted for the latter. (I didn't like the turbo lag of the former.) We don't drive much here in Hawaii, so the lower gas mileage was not a concern. Here comes the "but" section: the rear seats are totally useless. In fact, I have them folded down most of the time. Like with every sports car, don't expect a very comfortable ride, you will feel every bump on the road. It took some time to get used to getting out of the car without bumping my head on the door frame, but the interior is luxurious."

Amazing Looks not for comfort

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "fun drive. great looks."

Cons: "not for street driving"

"The way the car looks is amazing. The way it drives is also great if what matters to you is feeling the power the car has then this is the perfect car. However, comfort is not part of the deal. Like any sports car it is very low and every bump can be felt. Street driving is not the most comfortable. There is also an ugly looking archaic phone connection that takes part a large part of the car. Apart from that the inside is luxurious."

brakes

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"My vehicle was in the repair shop 7 times within the first 3 months for service. The electric seats and heater stopped working in October, there was a high pitched squeal at highway speeds that was reduced but never eliminated. Now the brakes squeal when depressed during a turn and I am told this is due to a change in the composition of the brakes and can not be fixed. The car is sharp looking and quick, but the quality and service is not worth the price."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals