2003 Audi TT

Based on 205 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Very cool and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, good mileage, very big "cool" factor"

Cons: "Costly to repair"

"I have loved this car. Great fun to drive. The trunk is far bigger than one would think. When the top is up it feels a little confining and there is a huge blind spot. When the top is down it is great. The car is expensive to repair and now that I have 70,000 miles, it starting to cost me. I commute in this car and I get 22 MPG in town and I can get 30 MPG on the highway. Its very comfortable for daily drive and on trips."

Ttttterrific!

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, fast, awesome interior"

Cons: "No room in the back seat, continuous maintenance"

"Went from a Honda Accord to this little German bugger, my first ever turbo. Great car, fast as heck especially with some modifications (chip, intake) and awesome cornering. You can stuff children and small women in the back seat if you need to and give them the ride of their lives, which adds to the fun factor ;-) It is not as bullet-proof as a Honda Accord, however, and you need to do your maintenance on the car, especially if it's over 100K miles. Definitely make sure the timing belt and water pump are changed out before it hits 100k miles. There are a lot of plastic parts to the coolant system that will break apart and cause leaks, so you need to replace them. The engine bay is incredibly cramped, and you need to remove a lot of things to get access to certain parts on the engine. The cable from the battery to the alternator is prone to fail and cause the car to stall, the fuse housing that sits on top of the battery is known to get fried, the quattro Haldex system needs oil replaced every 20K, vaccuum lines will rot away and need replacing, brake light switch will fail on you as well at some point and the instrument cluster is known to cause problems. That said, I must say that if you can change your own oil, you probably have what it takes to keep this car up to shape, as I have. There are plenty of forums online that will guide you in the right direction."

Great sports car that also works as a commuter

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Great little car. I got it because it has got great style and handling, and yet very good fuel economy. I haven't had any mechanical problems. The only minor complaint I have is that the electronic system sometimes will do strange things. For example, I had a few days where the automatic window roll up/down wouldn't work, and now it's back to normal. Other than those tiny little details, the car is perfect for me!"

TT Quattro Rag Top: Great!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Have had my TT for about 3 years now. Imagine a sports car than continues to look hot, drives like a proper sports car, gets astounding MPG, and has the build quality of a German vault. Yes, I love my TT. I have had almost no problems to mention, and always is a huge pleasure to drive. I have the 6 sp. manual type S roadster. The baseball optic whipped seats knock people out! Ferrari and Lambos don't even have it! In short: The award winning sexy sport style from Audi, the reliability and super MPG of VW. A winning combination."

Great car!

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"I have owned his car for almost 6 years and have put almost 100k miles on it. Few minimal problems. I am now on my third air conditioner compressor. This is really the only issue I have ever had. Gas mileage is outstanding. I can average 33+ on the highway. I would buy another one without any second thought to it."

A lot of fun

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"A fun car to drive. If you put snow tires on in the winter you can drive this sports car under any conditions. I have driven through the worst winters i n upstate NY without a problem. Great handling in dry and wet weather. I've driven porsche's ferrari's and other performance cars, and this car is a A lot of fun!"

Money Pit

By on Sunday, May 8, 2011

"It's fun, stylish and great in the snow until you hit 80K, then open up your wallet to the tune of $12,000 - Timing Belt will break if not replaced, the instrument cluster will fail, the Haldex controller will fail, the glass from the convertible top will seperate and water will get in and destroy the comfort control module, the crank sensor, speed control sensor and fans have to be replaced. So enjoy it until you reach 75K miles and then dump it, this car will not go the distance."

Worst experience with an auto maker and dealer!

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"They should rename the TT the TMP (The Money Pit), every time you fix something a few miles down the road something else breaks. Literally, I've spent over $8000 in repairs over the last 18,000 miles, that doesn't include any normal maintenance, these repairs were in between normal maintenance trips. On my way to work one day the brakes went out completely with no warning lights of any kind, thank god the emergency brake worked or I would be dead right now. Then today on my way home from work the headlights, turn signals, windshield wipers and fan all stopped working. When everything is working fine something isn't quite right, for example the map lights won't turn on but everything else works, or the dome light comes on while you're driving down the road and all the doors are closed. Or the dome light won't come on no matter what you do. Also randomly the doors won't unlock with the remote, you can just get the driver door open and that's it, then you have to use the key or open the passenger door from inside to get it unlocked. The door lock button in the car works intermittently, usually it will lock the doors but won't unlock them."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, May 8, 2008

"I've driven a 2000 Audi TT for over 5 years. Currently it has 128K miles on it and still running strong. I have done the routine maintenance. Only had one issue with the air conditioning system. I would recommend this car to anyone. It has been great."

best sport car i have

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"save gas expense 25 mpg average, fast acceleration, sporty interior and exterior, 2000 model like 2007 model, quattro awd grip superb especially on the corner and wet or snow condition, quattro awd is the best. overall, best car i've ever have, this car invites crowd attention"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi TT near Honolulu. See local deals