10/9.0

Based on 7 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

9.7/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Easily the best vehicle I've owned

By on Sunday, November 13, 2016

Pros: "Very fun to drive, looks good, sounds awesome."

Cons: "Worried about MPG? It's not the vehicle for you."

"I've owned my 2015 SQ5 for 10 months. Found it on the lot of a Porsche dealer who took it in trade, it was a year old with 10K miles on the odometer so still under the full warranty. Great power and responsive handling, fit & finish is excellent. The only issue I have is that mine has the 21" wheels so all season tires aren't available. None of the tire manufacturers make a tire with a good tread wear rating so tires won't last longer than about 15K miles. I've owned a 5 series BMW and leased a couple of E class Mercedes-Benz, this vehicle is head and shoulders better than any of them."

Best Valued Performance Luxury Crossover/SUV

By on Saturday, December 3, 2016

Pros: "Great horsepower, performance & utility for the $$"

Cons: "same styling since '09"

"The starting price of the SQ5 in the low $50's can get your attention when compared to like SUV's i.e. BMW X5 4.4, Mercedes ML 350 AMG, Porsche Macan S and Range Rover Sport SVR. Multiple tests from engineers has the performance figures varied and the under-rated stats from Audi has the 0-60MPH at 5.1s; in Launch-Mode I've had mine @ 4.672s But this heavy Tessie runs out of "oomph" above the ceiling of 90MPH where its competitor w/ bigger displacement and more torque push past this at 100mph. It takes roughly $30k++ more to beat out the everyday practicality of the SQ5 with the quicker Ute's like the X5M or Porsche Macan Turbo I've had my SQ5 {SQUID as we call it @ home)over 3 years now and have been very happy with it. Only normal maintenance like oil changes, 1 set of rear brake pads and a couple sets of rubber. The optional 21" wheels are an expensive luxury to have, as I have replaced 10 tires in ownership so far. Only one warranty issue from a overheated fuel pump (Las Vegas temps are tough in summer) Overall I am very fond of this vehicle. It replaced on '08 Audi S6 5.2 V-10. Comfort was just as nice in the seating, HVAC, and visibility. It is easier to get in than the S6 and is actually quicker to 60MPH! I only miss the growling V-10's grunt and strong pull over 75 and beyond 125mph - which has no purpose when getting a gallon of milk or loaf of bread. The Q5 is overdue for the refresh of exterior and interior; more importantly the technology. It should take on the newest of smartphone capabilities, navigation, driver assistance(s). It would be great to see an RSQ5 in United States!"

Really nice high performance small SUV

By on Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Pros: "Quick. Stealthy with so many regular Q5s around."

Cons: "Slightly dated appearance. Small cargo space."

"The SQ5 is a really nice high performance compact SUV. At the time of purchase, I was comparing it to the Porsche Macan S. I had just sold a Cayenne GTS so I was leaning towards the Porsche. The Macan S is a better handling/driving car with a nicer interior, but in the end I could not justify the $12K difference in out the door cost for a Macan S similarly equipped to the SQ5. (At the end of the 2015 model year Macan's were still not being discounted and the SQ5 was being sold at below dealer invoice.) The SQ5 is very quick when passing at highway speeds and quick all around when in Dynamic mode with the transmission in Sport. Interior is typical Audi with simple, but high quality materials and finishes. So far, I have been very pleased with the Audi. I just returned from a 1,000 mile road trip and the car was comfortable for long stretches of high speed driving on 2 and 4 lane secondary roads even with the 21" wheels. On a side note, another reviewer mentioned squealing brakes. That is likely a result of glazing. A couple of hard controlled stops from 70 mph or so will solve the problem. It is not a specific issue with the SQ5 brake system."

Sporty, Quick, Fun Drive

By on Friday, September 4, 2015

Pros: "Lots of power, fun to drive, handles great!"

Cons: "High sticker price, squeaky brakes"

"I have a 2014 SQ5 - have had it for almost two years. The car looks great, has awesome power, corners well and is all around fun to drive and look at. The sound system and in car hot spot are also great features. Now for the downside, the brakes have squeaked almost from the time I took possession of the car. The dealer and Audi in Michigan say it has "high performance" brakes that sometimes make a noise. However, it shouldn't sound like the old car metal on metal sound of completely worn out brake pads grinding against the rotors. Additionally, the tires needed to be replaced before 13,000 miles. According to the dealer the tires typically last 15,000 - 20,000 miles. The tires are pricey so be prepared to shell out a few thousand dollars for replacements. I do love the driving experience of this car for the reasons I mentioned. However, with the issues it has, recently when friends who are looking for a new car asked about my experience, I could not recommend they purchase a SQ5."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

"Great sport SUV, it is fast, it is loud, it is expensive and it is an Audi. If you are looking for for those atributes then this is your car. Nothing in this SUV is cheap from the purchase price to the additional accesories and maintenance. If you get the one with the optional 21 inch rims them you will need another set of rims and tires for the winter, plus any other maintenance factor in between. This vehicle is not necessary comfortable or plush, still it is luxurious, with an emphasis in SPORT. Very few things on the outside clue you on to how special this car really is, but behind the wheel you will have no doubt, specially the moment your floor the gas pedal, you will be slammed against the seat, and everything in the road will seem stationary. The sounds of the engine are orchestral and you will want o hear them as often as possible. In short, if you are looking for a refined luxurious ride then look somewhere else, but if you want a well made automobile that is fast and stills feels expensive then look no further."

Per Page:  5 | 10