2012 Audi S5

9.7

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10

Totally Satisfied

By on Monday, April 7, 2008

"I've owned the car since Feb '08. I am extemely satisfied and have no regrets with my purchase. The one drawback I've read about is the typical all-wheel drive sensation that is transfered through the steering wheel upon heavy accelation. Personally though, I believe this is overshadowed by the increased handling/control the all-wheel drive affords you in inclement driving conditions. Either way, it's one fun car to drive and the styling is fantastic."

This car turns heads!

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Coming from several years of BMW ownership (325 CIC, M3), I can't say enough good things about the S5. The technology is superior and the fit/finish of the cabin is exquisite. It's the simple things that make it a joy to drive and there's no beating the QUATTRO to make the power seem so accessible. I was torn between the new M3 and the S5, but frankly, the M3 has gotten "too popular". I've only seen 1 other S5 on the road, and it caused me to turn my head. If you can get your hands on one, you won't regret it!"

S5 Cab - Mid Life Crisis Completed

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "looks, sporty, fast, sick with top down..."

Cons: "you get what you pay for....pricey"

"I just purchased this 2013 S5 Cab in black. It's incredible and loving every minute. The acceleration is unreal and the exterior look is incredible. Sexiest car ever. Worth every cent."

No other car compares in the price range!

By on Saturday, August 29, 2009

"The Audi S5 is in a class by itself. Neither the BMW 335 or Mercedes CLK offer near the refinement, and semi exotic class of the Audi. I'm a long time German car buff and I've had and driven everything from Deutschland. Audi packed enough technology, performance, and luxury that shames cars costing 20-30k more. The S5 is distinctive and the V8 engine performs and sounds like an exotic -it is deservedly one of the finest engines built today. The interior quality and design is purposeful, sporty and elegant. Everytime I get into the S5, I realize am again reminded that there is no other car that offers such a complete package in this price range. However, do realize that you will get a lot of attention in this car, particularly in the Black, Red, or White colors."

Second S5--LOVE this car!!!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Engine, Interior, Power"

Cons: "Needs more interactive (Pandora music, etc)"

"I owned a 2013 S5, and made the mistake of trading on another car (Tesla--horrible car). I LOVE my 2014 S5--the black optic package is so good looking. I have owned many $100K plus cars--Porsche, etc, and just cannot get enough of this S5. For the price and performance it CANNOT be beat. Amazing engine, interior, torque, maps, design, etc. Glad my new S5 is in my garage!"

Awesome car!

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"The S5 is fast, handles well (yet still has a nice ride), has great brakes and an interior second to none! The B&O sound system is a bargain! It sound is great. Exterior looks are simply stunning. Audi's legendary quatro drive is great in the snow (with winter tires of course). Overall a fantastic car that you don't see all over the place."

S5 = awesome

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cons: "no seatbelt shoulder height adjustment"

"It is a bit heavy so that impairs performance, but definitely not the thrill of driving the car. Smooth highway cruiser, docile on the streets, terrific on the twisty back roads. Also with the quattro winter is not an issue, never once got stuck in the northern ohio winters."

Like a lion on stilts!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful, fast and refined"

Cons: "Um......"

"The S5 is a fantastic car; muscular but no muscle car. Refined power and drives like it's on train tracks. It's not a tail-out rear wheel drive sports car, it's a real Grand Tourer, capable of tearing down the Autobahn and taking twisty corners with ease. With tons of space and an incredibly well appointed interior, it's real luxury in a car that delights the driver every day. And it looks a million dollars - while those LED running lights have been imitated, they are still stand-out. Watch yourself get parked at the front by valets all the time!"

Want to know what it feels like to ride a lion

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Looks, sound, ride"

Cons: "still waiting to find one.......maybe the sunroof"

"Push the button to start, and the lion comes to life....literally....that's what the exhaust sounds like. The exterior is exquisite, the interior impeccable, and the ride remarkable. This lion is perfectly tamed and will do exactly what you want it to with cat-like precision (sorry Jaguar). Want to go fast? Sure. Want to just cruise? Sure. Want to just listen to the growl? Ok. I don't want to sound pretentious, but when you drive this car, you feel like "somebody"....for lack of a better term. It's how you SHOULD feel when you drive a care of this caliber. Do yourself a favor and buy it. If you can't afford it now, start saving for later. Really, when's the next time you're going to get a chance to ride Simba?"

Super Sports Car

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great interior, turns heads"

Cons: "Yeah, so gas mileage, but what do you expect?"

"I love this car. Granted it is not going to hang power wise with a Corvette or a AMG Mercedes or maybe even a M3 BMW, but the driving comfort in this car is superior to all. After owning it for 2 years it still turns heads and gets an occasional inqiry from others as to how I like it and remarks about how good it looks. Plus you can drive it in winter easily with snow tires and it leaves others behind. Oh and I absolutely love the exhaust rumble and this is the first time I ever had a car that people made mention of that feature specifically..."

Best all-around coupe for my money!!

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Outstanding looks, sporty appeal, engine performance, comfortable interior"

Cons: "None, it exceeds my gas mileage expectation, gets 20 mpg's"

"This is my dream car! I have always driven sports cars, and the Audi S5 is the best car I have owned by far. My criteria is simple, the car with the best looks, meanwhile having the optimum combination of sportiness and luxury, yet affordable. Once you have experienced the Audi S5, I dare you find another car that can beat it on those criteria! It is a real joy to get into every day!"

resale value - wow

By on Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pros: "styling, exterior design, interior design, fit and finish, B"

Cons: "MPG is low, blind spot assist broke and had to be replaced (they did it for free though)"

"I leased my car in October 2008 and the lease is up in three months. I have the Bang"

WOW

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"This veh is fantastic-everything works so well and everything is so balanced-i just love this vehicle! The money spent is definately worth it!"

Very happy purchase

By on Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pros: "Umm, everything"

Cons: "Nothing yet"

"I just purchased this vehicle after driving a Cayman for the last 3 years. Now, the Porsche is more of a driving machine, but the S5 isn't half bad either. What I love about my S5 is not only the styling but the luxury appointments, fit, finish and tech stuff on the inside. If you want a car that is half sport car/half luxury this equals the perfect fit."

4th Audi - Capo di tutti capo

By on Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pros: "Sheer beauty; grabs the road; control"

Cons: "Hwy mileage is good (28 or so); local,well . . . ."

"I've had my S5 for nearly three years. People still stop me in the street, wave, give me thumbs up; I mean literally, not figuratively. I bought it because of prior experience with Audi (three A6; two of them 4.2 litre) and because it was the most gorgeous car I'd ever seen. It is great to drive for all of the reasons others have mentioned, but for what is essentially a roadster it's also remarkably comfortable even on an eight hour drive and has loads of storage space. With the exception of adaptive cruise control it has every option known to Audi; I mention this because while the car handles beautifully in normal driving mode, when you shift to sport mode the earth moves: steering tightens, gearing changes, suspension moves to F-1. In short, the thing becomes a changed being even if you don't touch the accelerator; it feels just marvelous. My only regret is that I couldn't have had it in Germany back when there really were virtually no speed limits on the Autobahn."

Brand New To Audi and What a Treat !

By on Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pros: "Driving and on board computer"

Cons: "mirrors when backing and seat retraction when parked"

"I have had the 2011 Brilliant Black S-5 for 3 months now and I am still learning all that the car has to offer. From the on board computer and 3-D GPS to the individual tuning suspension...wow!!! Let me start by saying I have had a host of rides from (Mazdas RX-7 in the 80's to most recently the Mercedes 550 4 matic) but Audi's S-5 is in a class all its own. From the superior handling of the Quatro suspension and being able to change those dynamics on the fly, to the responsive throttle and and sexy growl of the Quad exhaust at stop lights this car is always... always a head turner. Cant park it or come out of a store without someone looking at it or saying nice car! I got mine loaded with the side assist and throttle control for on coming and side traffic(highly recommend it)its got the prestige package complete with the Bang and O stereo and the 19 inch alloy rims Couple of draw backs that I'm used too that the Audi does not have are the rear mirrors dont move down when backing up even though it has a back up camera im old school and still use my mirrors and found this to be a little conerning. The seats after the car shuts off do not automatically retract for you to get out but these were the only two creature comforts i miss Things to consider when buying if you have kids and this is an everyday car its a 2 seater, back seat could be used however its tiny but its a sportscar and you didnt buy it for the back seat!! All said and done this car is worth every penny when it comes to the driving experience, in fact I have had it to 140 mph in the dynamic setting (ssshhhhhh) an it was a very smooth ride and she was begging for more. Git in sit down turn up the music and get ready for great driving expeirence!"

Excellent automobile. Difficult to beat the value

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pros: "Sweet driver. Smooth, quick and commands respect"

Cons: "Back seat entry/exit-- but I don't care really"

"Quickest most responsive car I ever owned, and I have owned a lot of cars. Sweet automobile, high quality and a treat to drive."

Beautiful design-exciting to drive

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"I own a 2011 S5 Cab - premium plus with the MMI DVD/ nav pkg which includes a rear camera and parking sensors and the the comfort pkg which includes ventilated seats and what Mercedes calls air scarf which blows warm air on your neck which is nice in cool weather with the top down. I agree with most of the comments but I do want to point out a few cons that have not been mentioned. This is a car that lists for 63k and does not have specific features that u think would be standard ...so be careful when buying a used one. For example, no memory on even the driver seat and auto dimming is not included on the side mirrors nor does the passenger mirror dip when in reverse, a nice feature when parking. A USB connection would be appreciated and it's hard to eliminate the brake squeal when braking at low speeds. I believe some of the "cons" have been addressed in the latest models but it's still surprising that in a car at this price point they are not included as standard features. Ps....only the Germans have not found a way to control the brake dust!"

Incredible Coupe!

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Sporty, fun vehicle with incredible handling"

Cons: "Small coupe not ideal for kids"

"I have thoroughly enjoyed owning this vehicle. It has performed as only an Audi can perform. The styling is sophisticated, but extremely sporty. The technology in the car runs seamlessly and has been outstanding since Day 1 driving off the lot. The S5 handles incredibly well with the quattro system. I am also impressed with the durability of the exterior paint and finishes. I also added Summer performance tires and a roof rack (for cycling) and the car gets tremendous looks and comments from passer-bys. Love it! Audi has won and maintained a loyal customer."

The best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, good mileage, comfortable,"

Cons: "Could have better tires than Pirelli Z class"

Just looking great!

"It's a pricey little number but worth every penny as far as I am concerned. I was concerned at the start when the water pump went at 10,000 miles and then the thermostat at 12,000 miles. Both replaced on a recall but mine went only weeks before I got the mail out. Fortunately I was near the dealer both times. Service should have replaced the thermostat when they replaced the water pump but didn't - service takes the rap, not the car. Performance has been excellent and gas mileage is very impressive with the V6 twin turbo. It handles great in the city and cruising is excellent on the highway. Quick on the freeway in order to get around the traffic. I have gone through a set of Pirelli tires and replaced them with the same. I should have done some research first since there are better tires."

Just looking great!

09 S5 4.2L Coupe

By on Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Leased for 24 months, tore up for 13 months and 30k miles. Resale so strong, able to pre term lease and trade up for New 2011 with Titanium Pkg and solid diff for same monthly. Surprised the P Zero's survived my punishment around NYC for 25k miles, Michelin replacments are a real set of Mr feel goods. One of the great Hot Rods out there."

LOVE MY S5!!

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"I love EVERYTHING about my S5!! This is my 3rd Audi (previously owned A6 and TT coupe)--while I've loved them all, my S5 is definitely the favorite. I get constant stares and compliments every time I leave the house. The 354hp always impresses...not to mention the amazing sound of the V8! It growls and I LOVE it!! It puts a smile on my face each and every day!!"

supercar

By on Friday, September 3, 2010

"best car ever. have driven mercedes, bmw, audi and infinity and lexus before, short of supercars such as ferari,audi r8 etc nothing compares for value considering the performance and styling combination"

Like no other car!

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "Absolute joy to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"Traded in 2007 Civic SI (daily driver) and 2008 Corvette convertible (weekend fun) for my 2012 S5. WOW! This car is amazing in every way. The B and O sound system is the best I've heard in a car. Lots of looks and great comments from strangers. I always start the car with the door open to hear the amazing V8 fire up! It's crazy but my neighbor commented he liked the exhaust note of my S5 over the Vette! You will LOVE THIS CAR!"

By on Saturday, September 26, 2009

"LOVE this car-smooth ride-awesome handling"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S5 near Honolulu. See local deals