ZIP code

2016 Audi S4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,150 - $48,060.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 07/27/2017

10/9.0

9.5

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10

Great performance, beautiful. But...be forewarned

By on Monday, May 1, 2017

Pros: "fun, quality, beautiful"

Cons: "tire wear, gas mileage"

"My 2014 S4 is a great car overall, love driving it. But, be forewarned that the S4 eats tires like no other car Ive owned. Even without aggressive driving, I only get 10K-12K on a set of tires (Ive tried more than one brand, too, besides the stock). Also, the gas mileage is poor on my manual-equipped S4. With non-aggressive driving, I average about 17 mpg with mixed driving. Typically I must fill up every 230-240 miles. If these two things do not bother you, the S4 is otherwise wonderful."

If you appreciate cars, you'll LOVE this one!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Outstanding sports sedan, for the whole family"

Cons: "Really can't think of any that are significant"

"There simply aren't enough superlatives to describe this vehicle - by far the most awesome car I've owned yet. The power and acceleration, the handling, the technology, and, the silly grin it puts on your face -- if you're a Car Guy/Gal, you'll understand what I mean. Don't buy this car if you are just a point-A to point-B driver (i.e., if you just want transportation - basic, cheap and reliable). However, if you are the type who enjoys the ride along the way – and if you appreciate quality, you'll be completely satisfied, enamored and impressed by this unique and ever-so-capable sports sedan. I bought my '10 certified pre-owned S4 exactly one year ago today and I have not been disappointed. It has been very reliable, it's very intuitive and user-friendly, and the AWD system gives you total driving confidence. My Imola Yellow exterior also gets regular compliments and stares. The sport-tuned suspension is on the firm side but after you initially adjust to it, it's completely comfortable - on both short and long drives. Though I'd like a little more rumble in my exhaust note (and I may still obtain that with after-market parts), this super-charged V6 really does everything I can imagine needing. Well-done, Audi!"

Two year update

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Very fast, MMI controls, comfortable, gorgeous"

Cons: "ummmmmmm"

"I have enjoyed my S4 for two full years now and feel as though I know it well. The engine is absolutely a gem. It is a shame that Washington is rendering V6 and V8 engines obsolete, being replaced with turbo fours. There will never be a four cylinder engine that feel and sounds as good as this supercharged V6. I have the 6sp manual but sometimes regret not having the slick DSG 7 speed auto. The stick is fine but offers no performance advantage over the twin clutch automatic. The interior looks like new and is solid as a bank vault. Seats are comfortable but rear leg room is not generous. I use winter tires through Buffalo winters and with them, the car is awesome in the snow. I have gotten so use to the MMI controls (single knob that controls audio etc.) that I miss it when driving any other car. The Bang and Olufson stereo blows any system I have heard away. The car won't disappoint for those looking for a fast, great looking, comfortable all season alternative."

Love at first drive!

By on Saturday, March 6, 2010

"I test-drove the G37, C350, GS350, TL, 335xi and the S4. I could not get the Audi out of my head. I owned a 2007 CTSV and wanted performance with AWD (Wisconsin Winter) I ended ordering the 2010 S4 in red, prestige package, Audi drive select, Driver assist, Red & Black Nappa leather and dark birch wood trim, This car is flawless. It has awesome power and fantastic comfort and handles like it is on rails. I LOVE THIS CAR!"

One of the best all around cars

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Does pretty much everything well"

Cons: "Lifeless steering, too subdued, expensive"

"This is my 4th Audi. I bought the S4 to replace my A5. This car is a safety oriented German tank to take my son to daycare in, then I can take it to the track and beat several Porsches in the afternoon. It gets a combined MPG of about 21. My particular car is the prestige edition with navigation and Bang and Olufsen audio. While some may miss the V8 "burble" of S4's past, the supercharged V6 is quicker and seriously efficient. I drive a 50 mile commute each day and this really adds up. I'd recommend installing a different intake to actually hear the supercharger though. Many critics of the car have taken issue with the Drive Select feature. In "comfort" mode, the steering is artificially light, and in the other modes it provides relatively little feedback as compared to other cars of this performance level. I agree. In the drivetrain, 7 speed dual clutch gearbox shifts quickly enough, and the sport rear diff which has basically cured the typical Audi understeer. If you track it, you'll wish the brakes were just a bit bigger and grabbier and that there was a bit less body roll in hard turns. If you're looking for a pure, visceral experience, this is not the car for you. But, if you're an enthusiast looking for a realistic daily driver, packed with technology, and that can still hold its own on a track day, look no further. Buy the S4."