2012 Audi S4

9.6

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10

Its Always in the shop

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "only 4 yrs old and its constant in the shop"

"Audi A4 2010 - 40k mi I love driving my car and the look and feel of it, but that is where it ends. I wish I had never bought it. Its in the shop at least once every six months and they have to fix several things every time its in. So Far:Excessive oil consumption, replace Water Pump, Hood sensor, dead battery, blown fuses, windshield defects, valve leaks and much more. If you have plenty of time to waste taking it to the shop, its a great car for you!"

S-4 understated rocket

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"The S-4 is the gentleman's rocket, especially the S-tronic auto. I have the deep sea blue with the std black interior. The Rear diff really works and allows you to toss it around abit on out backroad 45mph corners.Having driven a GLI for 7 years, the sitting position suits the taller driver and feels tight and in control. All this power and 25 miles per gallon? perfect!!!!"

One of, if not my favorite, all time car.

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

Pros: "Pleasure to drive, fun to drive."

Cons: "The one small cup holder"

"I have owned a 1st Gen VWGTI, two Corvettes (1991 and 2004) a 2003 BMW M3, 2009 Porsche C2, Early Taurus SHO and several modified sedans. I loved the SHO. The BMW was great. The Porsche was dull and not worth the money. The Corvettes were fine. But this car seems to have it all. It rewards skillful driving and demands some attention. Not like the Porsche that needed a track to really use it. Yet I can cruise in the comfort setting and leave the trans in automatic and just enjoy the ride and class and styling. All my friends still say "What a good looking car." I wouldn't know what to replace it with...other than another s4."

Nimble, reliable, quick and pampered

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Performance, Refinement"

Cons: "No deal breakers"

"After 5 months of driving and 10K miles, not a single regret... Reasons to Buy: (many reasons but i'll stick to the top) Performance - The Quattro AWD system puts the incredible power of this vehicle to the ground instantly and without hesitation. You feel glued to the road in all conditions and I've driven it over many mountain passes. Through snow, ice, sleet, rain the Quattro AWD with sport differential never misses a beat! The engine/transmission is amazing, many complain that the exhaust doesn't make the grunt that it should. I disagree, the engine in this car is a "sleeper" and it's supposed to be. It is refined and tame in every way (in comfort and Auto modes) unless you ask it to be otherwise... In which case (in Dynamic mode) it can become an unhinged animal leaving you trying to figure out where everyone went, just glance at the rearview mirror for the answer. The power is instant and it snaps! Keep the animal tamed for the best fuel economy, I'm averaging around 23-24 Hwy/City together. The steering is ample but does have the typical synthetic feel of EAS, the drive select system does seem to curb this feel in Dynamic mode but you can still feel the presence. It stays very tidy in corners, I've never felt it understeer but have experienced over steer in corners under heavy acceleration; in any case this is only momentary as the onboard systems quickly right the situation with or without your input. Refinement - You simply cannot beat the trim and fit of a German engineered car. The interior is nothing short of stunning, the details are important and they are not overlooked. The front seats are sporty, they cradle you and the back seats are no longer a "joke". The back seats can actually fit two adults in reasonable comfort. Controls make sense and are well placed. The exterior is sporty looking with amazing lines, combined with the 19in rims this vehicle looks best in class for performance luxury. Fun Factor - While it always depends on what you are looking for, the "fun factor" ranks high for me. If I'm going to be paying for it for years to come, it had better be fun, period. This car is an absolute joy to drive and fits in wherever I find myself. My commuter car during the week to my mountain express on the weekends."

One of the best cars I've owned or driven

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

"Handling superb, all wheel drive incredible w snow tires in winter mt driving only negative is that heated seats are a little tepid for my taste"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S4 near Honolulu. See local deals