2008 Audi S4

9.3

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

5th and best Audi I have owned

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pros: "AWD, brakes, handling, interior, ergonomics."

Cons: "MPG, but knew this."

"I have owned 5 Audis. (2) 90 series quattros, (2) A4s with V6s and finally this 2007 S4. What a GREAT car. The sleeper of all 4 door compact cars. With a 7000 redline wail that rivals a Nascar vehicle, this is stunning. The versatility with AWD and interior details unmatched by most production vehicles, this car is simply amazing. 340 HP, huge brakes, AWD, Recaro seats etc.... How can you beat this? So sad to see the new S4 go to a supercharged V6. The sound of the V8 is totally worth the price of admission."

Great car

By on Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pros: "Blast to drive, awesome interior"

Cons: "You have to know its expensive to own, poor MPG."

"I have had my 2008 S4 for just over a year now and its been great. No issues with the car at all. I have put just over 10,000 miles on it these past 15 months and other than two oil changes, it hasnt seen service. I thoroughly enjoy driving it and am taking it to the track at Mid Ohio in a month. As a daily driver, it is fun as it is comfortable. I have the manual and love driving it but I also live in a small town so I dont have to sit in much traffic. Great car if you need four doors and yet want performance. Watch the back seat room if you are tall however as it is a two seater if the front seats are all the way back, or even close. As a VW Passat owner, this was a great car to move to for improved performance."

One Hot Car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "She's everything you could ask for in a sports car"

Cons: "no room in the back seat, that's not always a con"

Makes ya feel special

"My '06 S4 Cabriolet is by far absolutely the best car I have ever owned. She is beautiful and responsive like a lady should be and yet she is powerful and sure footed like the purebred she obviously is. With her 340 HP V8 coupled to the superlative quattro AWD system she handles like a dream. The convertible top goes down in a breeze. With all the options and the Nav/Bose combination and leather seating she's like coming home on a beautiful day. I Love this car"

Makes ya feel special

FUN

By on Saturday, November 10, 2007

"Its a great car to drive, handles like a dream, beautiful interior, powerful engine, the works. The back seats are a little cramped. Horrific on gas for those of you that like to get on it every once in awhile. Expensive to maintain (9.5 quarts of synthetic oil plus 20 bucks for oil filter). Ive also had a leak in the power steering and the power window on the driver side sometimes doesnt do its automacit one-touch down and up feature. Overall its an extremely fun car to drive if youve got the money for upkeep and especially..fuel."

Amazing Vehicle!

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "A joy to drive, comfortable, reliable, great value"

Cons: "Not great on gas, back seats can be a little small"

Imola Yellow S4 2005.5

"This car is absolutely amazing.. From it's comfort and technology to it's performance and reliability. I purchased this car as something fun to drive that would get me through Connecticut's bad winter storms. There was literally not one storm I did not make it through. The interior design is very neat and convenient. Comfort was totally the main focus in this design. For the Exterior is looks beyond it's time and is very easy on the eyes. Amazing car... The only downfall this car has is yearly costs could be little expensive. If money is an issue this car is not for you! It's roaring 8 cylinders can burn through gas quickly if you're not cautious of it. It's useful MPG feature is much needed on this car. Always need to see how many miles to the gallon you are getting. Also, this car's upkeep CAN get expensive for repairs, etc.. But it's a luxury sports car - so nothing you shouldn't expect. Car is amazing!!"

Imola Yellow S4 2005.5

Great all around car

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "value, performance, looks"

Cons: "small back seat"

"I have owned some fun cars, but this really is the best all around car for the money. Its beautifully designed, incredibly reliable, and fun to drive. Absolutely a wolf in sheep's clothes. I can't say enough positive things here. I am getting a new car this year and I am buying another s4."

Great Sleeper

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"If you are looking for a car that shows off how fast it is and is screams out look at me, then please read on and pass on the S4. I love having a car that no one really expects to be so fast and doesn't stand out to all the cops. Handling and Quattro really make this car stand out. Might not be as fast as an M3 or track ready, but I'll take this as a daily driver any day. Engine sounds wonderful and makes running it to redline so much fun. Quattro is a savior in bad weather and snow. Interior is nice although I find the Recaro seats too small for me (6'4 240 lbs) and leather isn't as nice as A8, which is bs in a car this much. Parking brake location is stupid and Audi key while cool looking, it too bulky. Another drawback is backseat is only for small children or very short trips. Navigation systems is ok at best (not MMI) but functional. Oh, and gas mileage isn't that great but if I cared about that, I would have gotten an A4 instead of an S4. If you are looking a sleeper sports car that still has luxury in a discreet package, make sure you check out the S4 or even the RS4. If you are considering an M3 and live where there is bad weather, than the S4 is definitely the better solution."

Wolf in sheep's clothing

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Needed utility and performance and got both. Car is a kick to drive and hauls my dogs and other stuff too. Fit and finish flawless. Cramped back seat. Minor annoyances as things start to go wrong - drivers window froze up recently. But warranty has covered everything (so far). Lease about to run out. Will purchase, but with an Extended Warranty (just in case). Love to leave Porsches and BMWs in the dust."

No alternatives

By on Friday, January 7, 2011

"If you want a performance AWD car that's both sporty and utilitarian, there is nothing else you can get. It's as simple as that."

This car can do it all

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"Performance is off the chart - a 4-door sedan for 50k running the Nurburgring in under 9 min, then takes the kids to school. This is like having your cake (expensive cake) and eating it too. The ONLY downsides: small-ish tank + 18mpg average means lots of fill-ups; and the backseat does not have much room if the driver is 6'0". Other than that, I couldn't be happier. Fixing those two problems would cost about 25k to get an A6-size car."

Audi S4 Quattro

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"This has been my daily driver for almost two years now. I commute about 7-10 miles per day. The V8 gets decent in-city gas milage (18-20 depending). Once out on the freeway you can expect mid 20s. Fairly decent for a V8, respectively. The engine and power come on smooth - 6spd gearbox is a dream, very silky precise shifts. Fit and finish = quality. Bose stereo system is adequate, nothing too exciting. I prefer this over 3series BMW and MBenz. I could not be more happy with this vehicle as my daily driver, even with the manual gearbox. This is an excellent deal for the price. You can expect to pay ~$80 for oil changes at dealerships. Overall a great package."

You must drive this car.

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"Simply awsome. The power and accelaration are great, and its the one of the best handling cars I have ever driven. I have driven porsches, corvettes, BMWs, and the S4 performs eqaully well or better, and its a 4 door daily driver. I bought mine as a certified pre-owned Audi. It had 27k miles and the extended warrenty from Audi covers it until 100k. Great value for a used vehicle. The only reason I will ever sell it is to get another S4. Get one, you will not be dissapointed."

SuperFamily Car!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"This car has it all. If you need 4 doors, and have bad winters, yet you want intoxicating performance, this is the CAR! Smooth/stylish, yet brutal when you want it to be. The best combination of practicality and performance."

X-lent car

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"Own a 2006 S4 Cab. Traded in my 911 and will NEVER go back - if you plan on driving day in and day out there is no better car on the market. Prior to my 911 I had an M3 and would never buy another one. The only thing that sucks is the NAV system interegrated with the radio. Should be a touch screen. In order to get the best off the line performance you need to drop the clutch hard at 3200 RPM - - do it right and you will be looking at Corvettes in your mirror- maybe not the Z06- but most everything else. Only other issue is tires - have had two sidewall blowouts - one at about 120mph. They were inflated correctly at time of blowout - replaced with like and had no more problems."

I am in AWE!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I don't even know what to say. Nothing will do it justice. I am amazed at the handling regardless of the weather. Even though mine is an automatic (blame the wife), I'm not sure I would be able to improve on its performance with the manual. By using the race mode (Sport mode, ESP Off, floor brake and accelarator pressed) it automatically adjusts the RPMs for maximum traction and LAUNCHES off the line. A truly religious experience! :)"

Unique for SoCal

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"In the land where BMW rules, the S4 is a nice alternative. All of the power of the M3, plus the benefits of all wheel drive, and the cachet of not seeing one on every street corner like the M3. The power is great on the freeways, and the handling is fun in the mountains. The interior is top notch especially with the optional alcantera suede. I love the pairing of the V8 with the six-speed manual!"

Autobahn Stormer

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"The S4 has it all, comfort, all year round usability and plenty of power. What other sedan has a 6 speed manual, 5 sec 0 to 60 time, great handling in rain or snow and plenty of room for kids. I play hockey and the S4 easily swallows all my goalie equipment and has just as much power as my previous E46 M3. Plus I can drive it in the rain and snow. I would definitely buy one again."

It's hard to be good when driving a car so BAD!

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Looks great, fun to drive, able to leap tall build"

Cons: "can be costly to maintain..."

"" A weapon in the war against mediocrity" No other car have I driven has given me such a sense of supremacy.... (I have owned more than 70 different vehicles... From Alfas to Porsches... Pretty much everything a regular person could hope to own.)... than this one. It just does whatever you want it to do. "Just point and shoot" It does it all without even trying. It sheds off the feeble efforts of the lesser vehicles without even breaking a sweat! The icing on this tasty piece of cake.... It looks really great while doing it all!"

Owned this car for 7 years. Love it.

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "value, fun to drive, looks, AWD"

"I have owned this car for 7 years and I can honestly say it may be the best all around car I have ever owned. It also may be the best value. Previously owned BMW M3 (fantastic car, completely useless in the snow), Audi TT, BMW 330, and a few others. Over the course of 7 years, I have had no problems with the car. It still drives fantastic, it is relatively fast, and it still looks relevant regarding styling. Only negative is the headlamp design. The design encorporated vents in the lights so they can keep cool. Problem is sometimes moisture stays on the lamp for an extended period of time. No ill effect on the light itself, but it doesn't look great when that occurs."

2005 S4 Cabriolet

By on Friday, August 6, 2010

"Bought the S4 used and it's been a fun car. Obviously it is costly to maintain but it keeps it's value. I love the quattro in the MN winters...with snow tires of course. It is better on gas than I ever would have expected even with the top down."

anything awd

By on Friday, October 9, 2009

"I haved owned my 2006 Avant S4 for almost a year and love it. Fun for me and room for the kids and the dog."

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"I leased this car for a bargain when they were unloading the "early" 05 body styles and I can't wait to buy it at the end of the lease. Unreal handling and braking performance, and the acceleration is exceptional thoughout the rev band. Sound system is stellar. No problems worth mentioning. The most underrated feature is the fold down rear seats... not just a pass-thru hole but a huge cargo space that is as cavernous as a station wagon. My mountain bike slips right in with room to spare. I can't say enough nice things about this car... I will never be able to go back to an American or Japanese car again. I look forward to driving this car every day and they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands."

Fast and Fun

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"This car drives like a dream, perfect handling and fast as anything, the 340 hp really makes this car fun to drive! Gas mileage could be better, but this is a high performance car. Back seat is best for a very small person, and the trunk is also small. Stereo sounds amazing even if the top is down. Some minor problems with the car's computer, different warning lights tend to go on when there is nothing wrong with the car, same thing happened with our last Audi. Overall, a great car and a lot of fun to drive!"

The perfect car!

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"I wanted an under $40K pre-owned fun car. Initially I thought I wanted a Boxster, but realized that with 2 teenagers I still needed a back seat. Plus, Boxsters aren't really that fast. Next I looked at a CLK 500. Really comfortable, but not a lot of fun to drive. Too soft! My 2005 Audi S4 Cabriolet just might be the perfect car. Blindingly fast, extremely nimble, and comfortable as well. Also it is simply a beautiful car! A V8 with a slick 6-speed is the perfect powertrain. Finally, you don't see them every day like you do M3s."

best of both worlds

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"sport utility capacity coupled with sports car performance! You cant beat a S4 avant. Ive owned the car for 7 months and absolutely love it. Clients are impressed by the interior fit and finish and when I step on the gas they are blown away. Love the car so much Im thinking of getting a convertable as well."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi S4 near Honolulu. See local deals