2008 Audi RS 4

9.6

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

9.9/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Does not age gracefully

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "8,200 RPM V8. Enough said"

Cons: "Maintenance is off the chart - bad quality parts."

"I have read many reviews and watched countless videos of B7 and B8 RS4. I went and bought a used B7 RS4 recently - 2007. I wanted to list quick pros and cons of what I experienced and learned: Pros: - Drop dead gorgeous car, flared fenders and wheels combination. - 8,200 RPM not only turns you on every time, but makes you love the car every time. - Steering/handling is awesome. It's great and very enjoyable in stock form. Cons - Sits very high- almost as high as a Camry. Look at a stock one yourself. - Very over-hyped. Yes they are amazing. But not when you have to spend serious amounts of money at each maintenance interval - belts, axles, brakes, transmission and engine mounts. Yes, there is a sensor in engine mounts. Get ready to spend some serious dinero. - Carbon cleaning has to be done every 20k miles. This is not a Ferrari or Audi R8 or Aventador where I should have to take my car into maintenance for $800 every 20k miles. Of course, gaskets, manifold arm flaps and many other items come into play at the same time. - This is a rare car. So dealerships never carry parts for it. If you need anything, it always has to be ordered leaving your car useless for days at the dealership. Even if they overnight it, it still takes too long. - Not many can work on it. I took my car to two dealerships (Audi) and they told me bluntly that this is not an everyday car and they would have to consult with someone in Germany. I almost lost my footing. - For a car with 420 HP, it sure isn't as fast as cars with 420 HP. An S4 with few bolt-ons becomes just as fast as this - I tested this at a 3.5 mile grand prix track. And they are half the cost. No A4 or S4 will give you a rush like this, but this thing requires constant maintenance where A4/S4 don't. Shoot me but I said it and I owned S4 before this. This is my third Audi and fourth German in the house. - MRC shocks go bad and then hope that you don't have to pay arm and a leg for it. - Stock clutch has a problem. Look up transmission clutch issues on B7 RS4. Stock LUK clutch/flywheel combo goes bad after x number of miles based on driving patterns. Lads, this is a 8,200 RPM beast. Why did Audi screw up by using cheap parts? So if you are looking to buy a B7 RS4, make sure it will shift gears above 7,500 rpm from 2nd to 3rd and so on. Also, due to this issue, many RS4s are plagued with Transmission synchro issues - another $1,000 just in parts. Folks, if you weren't a religious man before this car, you will become one after owning it. This shouldn't be a Kanye West / Kim Kardashian marriage where you have to pay to stay married to it. Just my .02c"

WOW, had it for 4 years now, LOVE it still!!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "sound, looks, feel, drive, handling :)"

Cons: "gps"

"only bad thing about the car is the GPS that audi used for a couple of years"

This car is an all weather rocket

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Engine, sound, 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage, rear seat room"

"I wish I could keep it forever, but at some point, the maintenance will likely get ugly. Overall, this car is unmatched for the money. I've had an e46 m3 and driven many 911s and m5s, but the overall package of this car is unbeatable. My m3 was more fun on the track, but I'm not on the track 99.9 percent of the time. All weather stability, the best sound you can ask for, and a big high revving v8 is sublime. I would highly recommend."

Very practical sports car

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Acceleration, Quattro traction, Exhaust, Safety"

Cons: "Limited leg room in the back seat"

"The RS4 is very responsive and powerful yet it can be driven year round in Colorado. It is a fun car to drive in the city or in the mountains. The unassuming appearance turns heads when accelerating due to the quick start and awesome stock exhaust sound. In addition, the Quattro traction, safety features, four doors and large trunk make it a practical family sports car."

Not just a flash in the pan!

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I have driven my RS4 90,000 miles. In that amount of time, I became very familiar with my car. The RS4 has had a few minor gliches along the way, one just recently corrected with the engine needing a new Intake Manifold. I bought the extended warranty and most was covered. The engine uses oil. The same engine in the R8 also uses oil. You can expect to add a quart about every 7 to 8K miles. For a high reving normally aspirated engine, I feel that is no big deal. The Quattro has been wonderful, in any weather the car tracks straight and tru. I have switched to All season sport tires to make it a machine for ice and snow. The famous Audi interior is still as sharp today as when it was new. The cornering and acceleration as with all the mechanics are now back to 100%. I've replaced the exhaust with a full Milltek custom sport exhaust system that has no resonators but does have the Sport Valves like the OEM system. Along with a Level II Revo Sport ECU computer upgrade, the car now pulls somewhere above 450 to 460 HP. The power band seems endless and the 8400RPM redline is incredible. I would say my car could easily pass the 160 MPH mark and could easily reach a 180 MPH top speed. I've had it since it was new, and it still turns heads, and it's still just as fun to drive now as it was when I picked it up. Audi is reaching their stride in the quality and performance of their cars. My next car will be another Product of Audi GmbH, the RS5. That will sit in the garage next to my 5.2L V-10 R8. So many cars and so little garage space!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi RS 4 near Honolulu. See local deals