2008 Audi RS 4

9.6

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

9.9/10
    9.8/10

Excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"The RS4 is a beast. Replaced a V8 S4 with it, and it's not even close. RS4 pulls harder, sounds better, handles better, more comfort...it has it all. Exhaust note is killer, and it's got that high performance "whine" to the engine note. One observer said it sounded like "an F1 car." Can't get this car to slip on dry pavement. The Quattro just sticks to the road. Interior is typical high quality that you expect from Audi. Audi service has been excellent- I got this car in 12/06, so I have the 48K/4 yr free maintainance. Only issue is I had to replace the front brakes and rotors at 25,000 miles, which is more due to the way I drive than a problem with the design. Had to have it aligned a couple of times, which is pricey. Nice to have four tires all the same size- you can rotate freely and reduce wear, unlike an M3, where the front and rears are of different size. Still have the OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 2's after 32,000 miles (I strongly recommend NitroFill for tire wear and performance). Better exhaust note than the V8 M3, which is my wife's car. M3 is a touch quicker, and more fun to drive, but for trips, the RS4 is clearly superior in comfort and stowage space, as well as being a better everyday driver. This is just a fantastic automobile, and Audi afforded all the owners a bit of exclusivity with the limited two year production run, as well as bringing only 1500 RS4's to North America. This car will keep me in the Audi brand for as long as I drive performance vehicles. It's a stellar vehicle."

Not just a flash in the pan!

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I have driven my RS4 90,000 miles. In that amount of time, I became very familiar with my car. The RS4 has had a few minor gliches along the way, one just recently corrected with the engine needing a new Intake Manifold. I bought the extended warranty and most was covered. The engine uses oil. The same engine in the R8 also uses oil. You can expect to add a quart about every 7 to 8K miles. For a high reving normally aspirated engine, I feel that is no big deal. The Quattro has been wonderful, in any weather the car tracks straight and tru. I have switched to All season sport tires to make it a machine for ice and snow. The famous Audi interior is still as sharp today as when it was new. The cornering and acceleration as with all the mechanics are now back to 100%. I've replaced the exhaust with a full Milltek custom sport exhaust system that has no resonators but does have the Sport Valves like the OEM system. Along with a Level II Revo Sport ECU computer upgrade, the car now pulls somewhere above 450 to 460 HP. The power band seems endless and the 8400RPM redline is incredible. I would say my car could easily pass the 160 MPH mark and could easily reach a 180 MPH top speed. I've had it since it was new, and it still turns heads, and it's still just as fun to drive now as it was when I picked it up. Audi is reaching their stride in the quality and performance of their cars. My next car will be another Product of Audi GmbH, the RS5. That will sit in the garage next to my 5.2L V-10 R8. So many cars and so little garage space!"

Outstanding sports sedan

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"Audi has created the perfect combination of performance, luxury and sheer fun. The engine is superb; the sound in the upper rev range has to be heard to really be appreciated. Acceleration is brutal and very linear. Visually, the car is quite subtle with understated styling cues that don't give much away until the car you've just passed gets a chance to see those massive tail pipes. Build quality is excellent, and the interior is typical Audi sensible design. Handling is unbelievable. I have taken this car to the track and it's cornering performance is impressive. I was not able to induce any understeer, and with the right combination of brakes and throttle was rewarded with some mild and controllable oversteer. The car is not without it's flaws however. 1. It is not the quickest super sedan around any more, although I think it is the most versatile and it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. 2. Gas mileage is awful. Expect about 13-14MPG in an urban/freeway cycle, despite the EPA claims. 3. It is difficult to drive smoothly at low speeds, particularly in sport mode. The clutch has a very narrow bite-point and a digitial pickup (it's either on or off). 4. The engine needs more torque. 317lb/ft is good, but one can never truly have enough! 5. Squeaks and rattles. Despite being a year old with 7K miles, there are more squeaks and rattles than my year old Nissan pickup truck. Audi's warranty only covers this problem for the first 5000 miles. 6. Audi has dropped their free 48K service plan. This is not specifically an RS/4 complaint, but applies to all current Audi models and is just another example of the consumer getting less for his/her money. 7. The digital media playback capabilities could be better. The sound system only supports a small number of tracks on an SD card. I can't quite figure out why random play works as it does. In summary, this is the best car that I have owned, or expect to own for some time to come. There are faster sports sedans on the market, but I question whether they offer a better overall package for daily use."

This car is an all weather rocket

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Engine, sound, 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage, rear seat room"

"I wish I could keep it forever, but at some point, the maintenance will likely get ugly. Overall, this car is unmatched for the money. I've had an e46 m3 and driven many 911s and m5s, but the overall package of this car is unbeatable. My m3 was more fun on the track, but I'm not on the track 99.9 percent of the time. All weather stability, the best sound you can ask for, and a big high revving v8 is sublime. I would highly recommend."

Ideal Extreme Performance Sedan

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Now with 20,000 miles, and after a long list of alternative sports cars and performance coupes and sedans in my rear view mirrow, this is the best of them all. The car is a study in balance and perfect contrast. Supremely comfortable and secure, yet quick and agile. Drive it like a baby one day, ride the tiger the next. Beautifully made, technologically complex, and incredibly easy to live with and operate. No quality issues; looks, drives, and performs as new...except motor performs better now that it's broken in. Only real flaw, and it's not an unexpected one, given the motor and it's output, is the gas mileage...averaging just under 20 for city and highway. It's also more expensive than the competition, but take a look at the build quality and materials; that's where this car differentiates itself. A truly special vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi RS 4 near Honolulu. See local deals