"Now with 20,000 miles, and after a long list of alternative sports cars and performance coupes and sedans in my rear view mirrow, this is the best of them all. The car is a study in balance and perfect contrast. Supremely comfortable and secure, yet quick and agile. Drive it like a baby one day, ride the tiger the next. Beautifully made, technologically complex, and incredibly easy to live with and operate. No quality issues; looks, drives, and performs as new...except motor performs better now that it's broken in. Only real flaw, and it's not an unexpected one, given the motor and it's output, is the gas mileage...averaging just under 20 for city and highway. It's also more expensive than the competition, but take a look at the build quality and materials; that's where this car differentiates itself. A truly special vehicle."
"I wish I could keep it forever, but at some point, the maintenance will likely get ugly. Overall, this car is unmatched for the money. I've had an e46 m3 and driven many 911s and m5s, but the overall package of this car is unbeatable. My m3 was more fun on the track, but I'm not on the track 99.9 percent of the time. All weather stability, the best sound you can ask for, and a big high revving v8 is sublime.
I would highly recommend."
"Best bang for the buck. 8200 rpm torque curve with a V8!!! AWD lets you have all the fun you want on the road and makes it drivable in the northern winters (preferable). Pretty stiff ride to be expected but many luxuries to help the pain. Had car in shop 2 times for warranty issues. Must test drive to believe. Love it more than my Z06."
"The RS4 is just an incredible car. I've had this car for about 2 years now and it just never gets old. The acceleration thrusts you back into the seat as you approach the redline. From the factory the stock exhaust sounds amazing in S mode. The car looks amazing and I often get compliments and nods of approval from both the young and the old. The car has been extremely reliable and gets good gas mileage for a high revving car with 420hp. I average right around 20mpg city/highway. The all wheel drive system keeps you safe and gives you confidence during inclement weather. This is a true sports sedan, I can drop the kids off to daycare and then have some fun on the way to work. The interior appointments are very classy and the sport seats are comfy and supportive. I can't really say enough about this car. If you are considering this car for purchase, test drive it - without the salesperson. Also, you should know that most of the fun happens at over 4000rpm...Happy motoring."
"Audi has created the perfect combination of performance, luxury and sheer fun. The engine is superb; the sound in the upper rev range has to be heard to really be appreciated. Acceleration is brutal and very linear.
Visually, the car is quite subtle with understated styling cues that don't give much away until the car you've just passed gets a chance to see those massive tail pipes. Build quality is excellent, and the interior is typical Audi sensible design.
Handling is unbelievable. I have taken this car to the track and it's cornering performance is impressive. I was not able to induce any understeer, and with the right combination of brakes and throttle was rewarded with some mild and controllable oversteer.
The car is not without it's flaws however.
1. It is not the quickest super sedan around any more, although I think it is the most versatile and it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.
2. Gas mileage is awful. Expect about 13-14MPG in an urban/freeway cycle, despite the EPA claims.
3. It is difficult to drive smoothly at low speeds, particularly in sport mode. The clutch has a very narrow bite-point and a digitial pickup (it's either on or off).
4. The engine needs more torque. 317lb/ft is good, but one can never truly have enough!
5. Squeaks and rattles. Despite being a year old with 7K miles, there are more squeaks and rattles than my year old Nissan pickup truck. Audi's warranty only covers this problem for the first 5000 miles.
6. Audi has dropped their free 48K service plan. This is not specifically an RS/4 complaint, but applies to all current Audi models and is just another example of the consumer getting less for his/her money.
7. The digital media playback capabilities could be better. The sound system only supports a small number of tracks on an SD card. I can't quite figure out why random play works as it does.
In summary, this is the best car that I have owned, or expect to own for some time to come. There are faster sports sedans on the market, but I question whether they offer a better overall package for daily use."