2012 Audi R8

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Best car i have ever owned- hands down

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "beautiful, quality, eye catching, rare, fun, fast,"

Cons: "lacking in cargo space- but i don't care."

"I have had quite a few higher cost sports cars in the last few years and this one is hands down the best of them all (last one was my AMG GTS). The quality of my V10-PLUS is fantastic, the interior details are fantastic. The cabin room is perfect for my height and long legs. The seats are super comfortable. I drive mine about 2 times per week and get 20mpg. I do not track nor race this car. I have never had an issue, it's well made, beautiful to look at...great ride, not stiff nor rough and the cabin is pretty quiet considering there's an engine behind your head...amazingly quiet. Stereo is great too! No complaints what so ever! if you can afford to pick up one of these, i recommend you do so! Get a plus model, there's more carbon fiber, a little more HP and you won't have to worry about shock leaking issues...and no, this version isn't super stiff and uncomfortable like people on youtube have said...it's not rough at all....Great car!! love it.."

Audi R8...For when

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"I love everything about my Audi R8, including the R-Tronic transmission. Once you drive the car a few miles you understand how to make the R-Tronic shift seamlessly. The fit and finish is impeccable. The design and comfort are stunning. The quickness is scaryyyyyyyyy. The cost is well worth it. Bring more than one day's lunch money to this party."

Customer service from Audi still lags!

By on Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pros: "Great driving car. Take some driving lessons from a pro first."

Cons: "Customer service is still like a GM or Ford."

"I love the driving experience and all that goes with it. I wasn't prepared for the wow factor and how it attracts people to look, watch, talk or want to challenge you on the road. Sorry to the challengers. Not even close. I have been disappointed with the customer service. Compared to Mercedes and the AMG service and experience, it makes me feel like I am driving a Toyota or Ford. If you can deal with the service issues and their short sighted view of a customer vs. A long term client you'll enjoy the car. I love it but I am selling because they pushed me to far on a service and warranty issue. Don't upgrade or modify. It invalidates your warranty. No wiggle room!"

Even looks quick

By on Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Traded the Viper in for the V10 R8. It hauls and it can corner. AWD is a big plus like on all Audi's. Interior ison the small side. looks."

On my bucket list for several years.

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pros: "Quite the eye catcher and draws a lot of attention"

Cons: "The gated 6 speed shifter is clunky and slow."

"Overall the car has been a little bit of a disappointment. Compared to other performance cars I have owned, it lacks low end torque and quickness. Once up to speed (and high rpm) it is more fun to drive."

Awesome Drive

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Nothing bad about this car at all! So much raw power, and everyone has to stop and look at it. It's so beautiful and stylin'. Not one bad thing to say about it, if you can afford it I definitely recommend purchasing one. 6 / 5 Stars!!!"

A great car until you reach 45,000 miles

By on Thursday, July 2, 2015

Pros: "Great driving car, extremely comfortable for tall"

Cons: "Warranty ends at 40,000 for a reason."

"This car was an ideal purchase until it reached 45,000 miles. At 45,000 I had to have the pistons cleaned for the second time for gunk build up that Audi paid for. It occurred again at 65,000 miles.Driver's seat comes apart at the seam at 42,000. I weigh 187 lbs. ($1500 to re-stitch). I had to replace the intake manifold at 65,000, seals were worn away ($1000) the plastic coolant reservoir ($800) plastic failed, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System keeps giving me System Failure Warning lights for 30 seconds or less repeatedly (dealer can't fix despite 3 visits. The Audi Concierge service for R-8's in Michigan forced the dealerships to clean the engine build up every time, however, they would do nothing for a reservoir tank rupture at the seam, nor an intake manifold failure at 65,000. Brake rotor cracked at 53,500, pads were in good condition. (Audi suggested a "stone" did it. Complete brake job with new rotor was over $8,000!Do not buy the 8 cylinder version (it's discontinued for a reason!!) A shop queen after 45,000 miles."

Fantastic driving enjoyment and ownership vs. 911

By on Monday, July 7, 2014

Pros: "The best all round super car"

Cons: "Limited ground clearance and thirsty"

My new garage queen

"Switched to R8 V8 after 18 years with various 911's. The mid engine layout spelt fantastic handling characteristics and tactile almost "alive" dynamics. The built quality is unbelievable and made me regret not switching to R8 earlier. Took it to my favorite mountain roads and the power delivery, dynamic experience, the rumble of V8 and instantaneous throttle response were magical. I have mine in Phantom Black with black side blades and I smile every time I drive the car, thence when others are ogling it and again when I step out to admire the exquisite curvy exterior, and thought how lucky I am. The only glitch is the fuel consumption, at 20 mpg for moderate driving and around 16 mpg enthusiastic driving, take getting use to."

My new garage queen

Great bang for the buck.

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"So, with a space frame and an engine derived from the Lamborghini Gallardo, for a fraction of the price this car is a great buy for someone who enjoys the best car for the best price. The styling to me is honestly a lot better than the Gallardo, this car has superb styling that seems to of been brought from the future. I just wish it had a more luxurious interior, the navigation system wasn't very well designed, as opposed to the BMW iDrive system, and the air conditioning styling can be found in the BMW e36 90's 3 series. I believe that the price can accommodate some nicer ergonomics and styling on the interior, the nappa leather is a must. Over all, this car is a great buy. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a great handling car, both at the track, and every day to work and back."

Heck yeah!

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"this is the most amazing and affordable super car on the market! I test drove the V10 5.2 quattro and nearly lost myself in the sheer awesomeness of this car! I felt like I could beat anything the world threw at me!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi R8 near Honolulu. See local deals