2008 Audi Q7

Based on 118 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

A Lifestyle Vehicle

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pros: "Tasteful, safe, lifestyle vehicle"

Cons: "Repair cost are high without warranty"

"I selected the Audi Q7 TDI due to lifestyle changes. I live in Tampa, FL and work in Jacksonville, FL and commute between the two cities on the weekends. So on any given week I clock close to 600 miles. It's also a vehicle which looks good when driving up to the valet attendant at any upscale hotel. Soccer moms that like to drive with girlfriends for lunch at a local outdoor bistro when the kids are at school will be very pleased with this vehicle. I traded in my 2012 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium S Line for the 2010 Q7 TDI. The Q5 although had very good performance but limited cargo and not very comfortable for larger persons. Sitting 3 teenagers in the back also proved to be somewhat cramped. My primary criteria for the purchase of any vehicle is its safety rating. The Audi Q7 has an outstanding safety rating. As it pertains to my lifestyle I required more cargo room, driving comfort for larger individuals, comfort for longer distances, and the ability to tow at least two large Harley Davidson motorcycles or a boat. Some other considerations were having a vehicle that I could use for camping or to drive onto sand on any Florida beach. The Audi Q7 TDI met all of my requirements. In my opinion, the Porche Cayenne and the Mercedes BlueTech SUV were too "pretty" for someone with an outdoor lifstyle. The X5 Diesel was also considered but the MPG were not as good and with a slightly higher price tag. My very first weekend of ownership I drove from Jacksonville, FL to South Florida via I-95 and back up the West Coast via I-75, thru Alligator Alley, St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Ocala. I choosed to travel via the Ocala country roads to get a feel for handling the small hills and curvy roads which led me back to Jacksonville, FL. That was about a 1200 mile weekend getaway. The entire trip was very pleasant and the handling was very good. Yes, it a bigger vehicle and one should not compare this vehicle with your previous sedan, an older model SUV of a different make, or a sports car. It's not a vehichle to break the sound barrier but a vehicle to enjoy. Consider the TDI (Diesel) model since the fuel is no more expensive, and many times less expensive, than 93 Octane. I'm 45 years old and have owned Porche, BMW and various Audi models. My take for anyone that is trying to make a decision on any car is too choose based on your actual lifestyle and budget. All cars do well with proper maintenance. So drive what you like and if you wish to own a luxury brand and your budget does not allow for it then consider buying Certified Pre-Owned for greater warranty. Certified Pre-Owned vehicles offer great value and will certainly make your financial advisor or your significant other happier knowing that you have made a sound decison. Good luck on your selection. - Raul"

Have a savings account

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"This bar far is the best SUV I have ever owned. Pound for pound (5200) this car out preforms any other SUV I have owned. Quite ride with air suspention interior lights galore and a car that demands praise. Only draw back is repairs that arent covered. IE: Brakes Batteries. The brakes are good for 25,000-30,000 miles. The 2007 and 2008 came with racing brakes that wore out fast the 2009 now comes with better brakes. the cost to change the brakes at Audi is around $1500.OO The battery went out at 22,000 and cost $585.00 $200 for battery the rest because the battery is under the drivers seat. If you want the power like a BMW sport car and the ride of a super lexurey car the Q 7 is for you. I know the thought of a V8 with todays gas is nuts but you wont be sorry for going that extra mile"

Love the Q7 - Hate the Maintenance Costs

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Shopped a number of SUVs and kept coming back to the Q7. Love the styling comfort, feel on the road. This SUV is also great on the snow. However, if considering this vehicle just keep in mind the VERY HIGH costs of maintenance. At 18k miles we had to replace all four tires, brake pads, sensors, and rotors. Really Audi engineers that is the best you can do? Make sure to budget for the thousands of dollars needed to maintain. High cost of maintenance may keep us from getting another one and would have to caveat any recommendations."

saved my life

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"I got this car for its safety ratings and reputation of German engineering and I was right. Yes, the car is super heavy but handles well. I had a full frontal collission accident where a reckless driver smashed into my car full speed and I walked away with minor scratches and bruises. Mind you, I was 12 weeks pregnant and did not get a single scratch on my belly. Thank you Audi."

This car is versatile, attractive, and safe.

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Safe and quiet!"

Cons: "awkward cup holder location"

"Mom of four and have had my Q7 TDI for 3 yrs... FAR quieter interior than the gas version, as easy as a minivan to alter seat arrangements for passenger or hauling requirements, outstanding mileage (easily 28 on the freeway, and I speed), great on ice and snow (within reason). Great nav gets me to remote sports fields on time, although the voice recognition needs to listen up (or maybe its just me). Purchased on a whim on my way to sign for a X5, this car has not disappointed, and I had the extra $10K in my pocket. Love the diesel, but this is a heavy car so you will need to become accustomed to popping into Sport for some extra torque accelerating uphill, onto freeways, etc."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals