2007 Audi Q7

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great drive but beware the maintenance $$

By on Saturday, October 10, 2009

"We have owned a lot of what I would consider higher end SUVs (Lexus, BMW X5, Mercedes) over the years so know what this experience is supposed to look like. The 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium we have ranks right up there in terms of driveability, performance, comfort, features. The MMI is the best consolidated interface of any of these vehicles and is really fabulous. No complaints what so ever on how the car drives. However, I have never owned a vehicle with as painful, expensive, and repetitive maintenance experience. It's been in the shop (mostly but not exclusively for electronics issues) at least a dozen times over the past 3 years. Keys don't register, MMI goes dead, car won't register as being in park so the key won't come out of the ignition, driving along and vehicle indicates 'no key in vehicle' 30 minutes after you have left home, etc. The MMI in particular is prone to going out if just a few drops of liquid spill on it. This is $1000 every time it happens and is not covered under warranty. It is happening a lot due to poor design (search the web for details but the MMI is 2 inches in front of the cup holder) so the dealers are pushing back on any repair. If you fight with Audi USA (a pain) they will eventually replace it. There is also no loaner program at Audi and they stock very few parts in the field offices to save money. We've had to go back because they were out of lightbulbs at our local dealer. This means you have to arrange alternative transportion and you're going to be there more than once for almost any problem -- once to diagnose and once to complete the repair. During our three year lease, we will have spent almost $5K in maintenace items and we bought the pre-paid maintenance with our lease. These things chew through brakes/rotors ($1800) and tires ($1400 a set). The car is being driven by a conservative Mom with two kids in tow most of the time so trust me, it's not being driven hard. The service department told us the brakes were a little undersized for the vehicle (although they work very well) so tended to wear very fast -- like 15K miles typically -- and the rotors are replaced everytime the pads are which drives the expense up. Net is we love the car. We hate the Audi sservice experience and cost. Factor at least $2500/year in for maintenance as part of the decision. Front/rear brakes and roters (common at 15K miles) are $1800; tires are $1400 a set every 25K miles. You get the idea. Lots of stuff that wears fast and we're just in the first three years which you would think would be pretty trouble free!"

A Lifestyle Vehicle

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pros: "Tasteful, safe, lifestyle vehicle"

Cons: "Repair cost are high without warranty"

"I selected the Audi Q7 TDI due to lifestyle changes. I live in Tampa, FL and work in Jacksonville, FL and commute between the two cities on the weekends. So on any given week I clock close to 600 miles. It's also a vehicle which looks good when driving up to the valet attendant at any upscale hotel. Soccer moms that like to drive with girlfriends for lunch at a local outdoor bistro when the kids are at school will be very pleased with this vehicle. I traded in my 2012 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium S Line for the 2010 Q7 TDI. The Q5 although had very good performance but limited cargo and not very comfortable for larger persons. Sitting 3 teenagers in the back also proved to be somewhat cramped. My primary criteria for the purchase of any vehicle is its safety rating. The Audi Q7 has an outstanding safety rating. As it pertains to my lifestyle I required more cargo room, driving comfort for larger individuals, comfort for longer distances, and the ability to tow at least two large Harley Davidson motorcycles or a boat. Some other considerations were having a vehicle that I could use for camping or to drive onto sand on any Florida beach. The Audi Q7 TDI met all of my requirements. In my opinion, the Porche Cayenne and the Mercedes BlueTech SUV were too "pretty" for someone with an outdoor lifstyle. The X5 Diesel was also considered but the MPG were not as good and with a slightly higher price tag. My very first weekend of ownership I drove from Jacksonville, FL to South Florida via I-95 and back up the West Coast via I-75, thru Alligator Alley, St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Ocala. I choosed to travel via the Ocala country roads to get a feel for handling the small hills and curvy roads which led me back to Jacksonville, FL. That was about a 1200 mile weekend getaway. The entire trip was very pleasant and the handling was very good. Yes, it a bigger vehicle and one should not compare this vehicle with your previous sedan, an older model SUV of a different make, or a sports car. It's not a vehichle to break the sound barrier but a vehicle to enjoy. Consider the TDI (Diesel) model since the fuel is no more expensive, and many times less expensive, than 93 Octane. I'm 45 years old and have owned Porche, BMW and various Audi models. My take for anyone that is trying to make a decision on any car is too choose based on your actual lifestyle and budget. All cars do well with proper maintenance. So drive what you like and if you wish to own a luxury brand and your budget does not allow for it then consider buying Certified Pre-Owned for greater warranty. Certified Pre-Owned vehicles offer great value and will certainly make your financial advisor or your significant other happier knowing that you have made a sound decison. Good luck on your selection. - Raul"

Have a savings account

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"This bar far is the best SUV I have ever owned. Pound for pound (5200) this car out preforms any other SUV I have owned. Quite ride with air suspention interior lights galore and a car that demands praise. Only draw back is repairs that arent covered. IE: Brakes Batteries. The brakes are good for 25,000-30,000 miles. The 2007 and 2008 came with racing brakes that wore out fast the 2009 now comes with better brakes. the cost to change the brakes at Audi is around $1500.OO The battery went out at 22,000 and cost $585.00 $200 for battery the rest because the battery is under the drivers seat. If you want the power like a BMW sport car and the ride of a super lexurey car the Q 7 is for you. I know the thought of a V8 with todays gas is nuts but you wont be sorry for going that extra mile"

Love the Q7 - Hate the Maintenance Costs

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Shopped a number of SUVs and kept coming back to the Q7. Love the styling comfort, feel on the road. This SUV is also great on the snow. However, if considering this vehicle just keep in mind the VERY HIGH costs of maintenance. At 18k miles we had to replace all four tires, brake pads, sensors, and rotors. Really Audi engineers that is the best you can do? Make sure to budget for the thousands of dollars needed to maintain. High cost of maintenance may keep us from getting another one and would have to caveat any recommendations."

saved my life

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"I got this car for its safety ratings and reputation of German engineering and I was right. Yes, the car is super heavy but handles well. I had a full frontal collission accident where a reckless driver smashed into my car full speed and I walked away with minor scratches and bruises. Mind you, I was 12 weeks pregnant and did not get a single scratch on my belly. Thank you Audi."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q7 near Honolulu. See local deals