2012 Audi Q5

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Comfortable, quiet, pretty and its an suv

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "pretty, comfortable, drives great."

Cons: "3 letters - MME"

"I was very reluctant to buy an Audi knowing all Audi's past reputation. Anyone remember the 5000? But my wife loved the car, and it would be hers. So what could I say. I have to say after 80,000 miles the car still performs like the day she picked it up. The first thing you'll notice when driving it is that it's quiet. No engine, no road, absolutely no noise. And its got power. Don't worry about pushing it. It will go. Plus with the dark blue exterior matched by the cinnamon interior it looks posh. Downside? Audi MME. It can drive you nuts to figure it out, but after a year we mastered it. Yeah it took a year. Audi care for its customers? When the water pump gave out in 25k miles of course it was fixed under warranty, but Audi apologized for the fault and extended the drivetrain warranty to 100k miles. Gratis. Good customer service. Now our Audi dealer wants to buy the car back at 110% over BB, but my wife doesn't want to part with it. Nice car? Yeah good choice."

Great car wish it was just slightly bigger

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Quality build, fun to drive, with great MPG"

Cons: "Little on the small side, ride can be stiff/sporty"

"I have owned a 2011 q5 for almost a year now and love it. It is the 2.0 turbo and gets between 22 and 25 MPG pretty consistently. I have not had any problems with the car other than 2 minor ones, the sunshade for the panoramic roof needed adjusting because it closed then opened back up if you didnt hit the button twice, and I needed oil added before the required mileage oil change. This is the 3rd audi I have owned with the 2.0 though and all of them burned oil. All in all I love this car compared to the Lexus which is boring and plain in its current generation, and the tiny X3. This car's materials are made of complete quality components and the fit and finish are far above anything else in the class. I compared it to the RX and the q5 had led/xenon lights, panoramic roof, quality display with out requiring nav, rear based AWD, glove box ipod hookup, better MPG, and less cheap plastic inside just to name a few things. If the car was a touch bigger in the back seat/hatch area I would have graded it 5 out of 5 in every area. I know if you buy this kind of car you shouldn't complain about the price of gas, I just enjoy not having to stop all the time by getting 500 miles out of a tank of gas, then when I do stop I don't need to run the pump twice because the tab goes over ther pump $100 limit like my last sport ute."

Audi Got It With Their Q5!

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"This CUV is the best. It's as good a driving SUV type vehicle as you'll find... and it flies even as heavy as it is! I purchased a Meteor Gray w/Premium Plus Pkg and added 19" wheels and the B&O Stereo... it's a pretty basic package but it has everything I'd ever want! In addition to a great handling vehicle the looks are noticable... I know this because I see all the other drivers watching as I go by. The LED daytime running lights are a great idea and really attention getting. Inside you couldn't ask for more. Stylish comfort and functionality. Yes... I do agree with other owners that it would be nice to shut off the MMI screen but if that's the worst problem with the car... it's really not that bad! I'm having a ball and I'd highly recommend that anyone in the market for a CUV should test drive this baby... you'll love it!"

An Overall Excellent Value

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Options can be expensive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I've just about every iteration of SUV one can imagine dating back to an '88 Isuzu Trooper, Jeep Grand Cherokee, MB ML430 and a MB G500. Circumstances required me to give up my loved Porsche Cayman S. Initially , i was all set to go for a Range Rover Evoque or maybe a Ford Edge. The Cayenne was more than I wanted to spend and didn't get decent mpgs. Being a car nut I did lots of research and found the Audi Q5 to fit the bill for my needs... all-weather, dog, grand kids, luxury, handling, performance and with the 2.0L Turbo, decent mpgs. It hasn't let me down. I got the Premium Plus package with 19" wheels. In day-to-day driving, I regularly get 23 mpg. On one 2,000 mile road trip, we average 27.5 mpg @ 68 mph average. With Quattro all wheel drive, a/c going, this is outstanding to me. I've experienced no problems whatsoever. The only thing I may be missing is the adaptive suspension, but this isn't a sports car. The quality is second to none and its proven very comfortable. My golf clubs and cart fit in the back with all seats up. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone who's in the market."

I love this car.

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

"I've had my Q5 since May of 2009, so just over 2 years now. It has about 36,500 miles on it and I have not had a single problem with it. The interior is beautiful and the panorama sunroof is nice too. I have the Prestige Model with the S-Line package and all the whistles and bells except for the Drive Assist and Drive Select options. I love the performance and I like the ride. Yes, this car is more expensive that some of it's counterparts, but I think the quality of the car is worth it. The only reason that I gave it a 4 on value is that the service at the dealer is rather expensive. The Audi labor rate for service is about twice that of other dealers. (I'm comparing that to the Chevy, Jeep and Honda cars we've had previously.) The only complaint I have on the driving is the automatic transmission is a little weird in first gear when you are starting up and making a turn (like at a red light making left hand turn). It stays in 1st gear much longer than normal and revs really high before shifting. It makes me sound like I'm driving a stick and have no idea what I'm going. I will typically put it in manual and shift myself. Also, the transmission does a similar thing when driving a steep downhill. That's why it get's a 4 in driving dynamics. Otherwise the car is solid. I've had it up to 125 MPH and I felt like I was going 80. Great car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q5 near Honolulu. See local deals