2012 Audi A8

8.4

Based on 28 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

"The Audi A8L appears to be a great car. But there is a secret that Audi is keeping from you. If your A8 is in an accident, it can take 2-3 months for it to be repaired. The reason is that Audi limits the repair shops which are authorized to repair the vehicle. I live in a city with 5 million people and there is only one repair shop that employs one technician who can repair the vehicle. My car has been in the shop for 7 weeks and work has not even started yet. Audi implements this insane policy by refusing to sell parts to otherwise qualified repair shops. I complained to Audi USA and they refused to provide me an alternative vehicle or buy the car back. It makes no sense to purchase a car, in particular one that cost between $90k and $100k which you cannot drive for 2 to 3 months because of Audi's policy to limit the ability of collision shops to repair their vehicles."

Very good car...no issues

By on Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Pros: "comfortable power and ride quality...safety focus"

Cons: "turbo lag is disconcerting"

"I got my 2014 A8L 4OT four months ago. Bought it out of state (OK) and drove it home (AZ) to get accustomed to it. It ran and runs well. My only concern is the spool up time the twin turbos take to start from a dead stop. That is disconcerting. My experiences are with non-turbo engines. I suppose I may get used to the lag time...but, I doubt it. I last owned a Lexus LS460. It was quieter and had a softer ride than the Audi. That said, the Audi is much more of a drivers car. You feel engaged behind the wheel. It has more power and acceleration is excellent for a limo sized car. The electronic gadgetry takes some getting used to. All in all I do like the car. I may well get another in a couple years. Well see."

great riding and driving

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

"handles very well and real good on long drives"

I refuse to part with it even after 64K

By on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, power, economy, styling, quality."

Cons: "Cannot think of any."

"As Angus McKenzie of Motor Trend put it - it's the thinking man's luxury sedan. After more than 64,000 miles it still drives like new. Both exterior and interior are like new. Ample power (0-60mph = 4.6 sec measured), 19 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway, starts first time, every time. My wife and I have had numerous conversations about getting a newer car but it would have to be another A8 and since only the engine is different (my is the 4.2 non-turbo) - there is really no point. We have had two issues: an engine sensor failed which made idling rough - repaired under warranty. An occasional suspension noise which has been hard to reproduce for the dealer - but it's not bad enough to be annoying."

The best car I ever own!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Comfort, Grip, TDI Gas Milage, Premium"

Cons: "Should have fewer model to choose from."

"I was going to buy S550 but went for A8, drove all three S 550, 750 LI and A8 TDI. The best drive A8, best com for A8, best road grip A8 and most luxurious A8. Audi A8 reminds me of Bentley from inside. No doubt I love Mercedes from outside, and A8 from inside. But reality is you spend most of the time inside the car not outside looking at it. I will highly recommend you to drive all three before making your decision."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A8 near Honolulu. See local deals