2012 Audi A8

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Warranty not good.

By on Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pros: "Fuel mileage, power, comfort"

Cons: "Cost of ownership, warranty, paint"

"Over-all a great vehicle, had a few issues with electronics and a broken fuel line. Audi does not by any means stand behind their product for the amount of money they charge for the vehicle. Interior alcantra fabric does hold up on the B-pillars and the paint chips and flakes of very easily and its not a covered warranty issue. Also they say they have a 4yr/50k bumper to bumper warranty but dont cover any interior issues after 1yr/12k miles. This was very discouraging to find this out at 42k."

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

"The Audi A8L appears to be a great car. But there is a secret that Audi is keeping from you. If your A8 is in an accident, it can take 2-3 months for it to be repaired. The reason is that Audi limits the repair shops which are authorized to repair the vehicle. I live in a city with 5 million people and there is only one repair shop that employs one technician who can repair the vehicle. My car has been in the shop for 7 weeks and work has not even started yet. Audi implements this insane policy by refusing to sell parts to otherwise qualified repair shops. I complained to Audi USA and they refused to provide me an alternative vehicle or buy the car back. It makes no sense to purchase a car, in particular one that cost between $90k and $100k which you cannot drive for 2 to 3 months because of Audi's policy to limit the ability of collision shops to repair their vehicles."

I refuse to part with it even after 64K

By on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, power, economy, styling, quality."

Cons: "Cannot think of any."

"As Angus McKenzie of Motor Trend put it - it's the thinking man's luxury sedan. After more than 64,000 miles it still drives like new. Both exterior and interior are like new. Ample power (0-60mph = 4.6 sec measured), 19 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway, starts first time, every time. My wife and I have had numerous conversations about getting a newer car but it would have to be another A8 and since only the engine is different (my is the 4.2 non-turbo) - there is really no point. We have had two issues: an engine sensor failed which made idling rough - repaired under warranty. An occasional suspension noise which has been hard to reproduce for the dealer - but it's not bad enough to be annoying."

My Audi A8L Super Luxxe!!!

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "Luxurious, sporty, fun to drive and reliable"

"I own an Audi A8L which I have been driving for about 7 months and I constantly get heads turning and inquiries, especially from men. This is my third Audi, first was an Audi 100, then Audi A6. This is by far the best of the lot and has a price tag to match. I think it is worth every penny as you can easily drive these cars up to 200,000 miles or more with the same engine and transmission if properly maintained. I also own a Mercedes E320 which I love, but the Audi is more luxurious and special. Once you test drive this car, you will not want to get out and drive anything else. You won't see many on the road here in the U.S., so you really will feel unique driving one. By the way, this is the #1 selling super luxury car in Europe and China, compared to others in it's class, the Mercedes S class, BMW 7 series and Lexus."

The best car I ever own!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Comfort, Grip, TDI Gas Milage, Premium"

Cons: "Should have fewer model to choose from."

"I was going to buy S550 but went for A8, drove all three S 550, 750 LI and A8 TDI. The best drive A8, best com for A8, best road grip A8 and most luxurious A8. Audi A8 reminds me of Bentley from inside. No doubt I love Mercedes from outside, and A8 from inside. But reality is you spend most of the time inside the car not outside looking at it. I will highly recommend you to drive all three before making your decision."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A8 near Honolulu. See local deals