2012 Audi A6

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

My retirement car

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "Handles and rides great. Love the B & O sound syst"

Cons: "Brakes squeel when hot, heads up display not visib"

"Bought this car 3 years ago and it's just outstanding. The only comlaints are the disk brakes squeel when hot and the heads up display is not very visible when wearing sunglasses. All around driving the deisel averages 31 mp gallon. Going to Vegas I average 38MPG. Can't wait for the redesigned 2018 to come out. Hope they get the deisel issue resolved"

New owner observations - Why the A6?

By on Monday, August 1, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, Quality, Mileage"

Cons: "None so far"

"I recently purchased a 2016 A6 2.0T Quattro. Key options/upgrades include Premium Plus, S-Line suspension, winter weather package and Bose stereo. Before buying, I did my homework and drove a couple cars to include an A6 with the 3.0 V-6. I also own a current model BMW 328iX and traded in an Audi A4. Simply put, Audi's and BMW's drive differently; and I'll address several considerations that convinced me to buy a 4-cylinder A6. First, know your driving style and buy the car that best matches your style and preferences. The A6 (and the A4 before it) is an incredibly composed and comfortable car that does everything well. The BMW accelerates faster and sticks to the pavement like glue; but doesn't offer the comfort level of the Audi's. I enjoy the BMW, but I want to spend my time driving the Audi. Value - While neither brand is cheap, the A6 is several thousand less expensive than the 528iX or E350. Audi's technology and engineering is as good as or better than the other German brands, construction quality is excellent, the interior is meticulous and beautiful, and all Audi's come with luxury features like leather and hard wood without added cost. My 328iX came with leather-like seating surfaces. Motor - The A6 2.0T is fast; especially in the Dynamic drive mode. In either drive mode (Comfort, Dynamic, Auto) acceleration is brisk off the line and acceleration to pass on the highway comes easy. While the car doesn't snap your neck or pin your body to the seat when the turbo kicks in (like my 328iX), it is very satisfying. The engine produces incredible torque; which I feel throughout the power band. I am also averaging 29-30 MPG on the highway and 24-25 MPG in mixed driving. As mentioned, I drove the 3.0 A6. Great car and obviously more powerful; but not so much that I felt I had to have it over the 2.0T. For my driving style (mostly highway and city), the 4-cylinder absolutely met my requirements for acceleration and power. Style - The car looks great (Glacier White, black leather, fine grain ash wood); and it's understated at the same time. Comfort - I've never owned a car with such a satisfying overall ride. Quiet, comfortable, speed, handling, incredible stereo system, attention to details and just flat out solid. Again, this is new car; but for the short time that I've owned it I can't think of a vehicle at this price point that comes close to the Audi A6"

2015 A6 3.0T - Best car I've ever owned, bar none

By on Friday, January 8, 2016

Pros: "Power train, handling, styling, value"

Cons: "Needs stronger wheel shaker"

"I purchased my Ibis White A6 in July after shopping the mid-size sport/luxury sedan market for 18 months. All my internet research pointed to the Audi and my own test drives (E350, GS350, 535iX, Q70 and CTS in addition to the A6)confirmed what I'd read. They're all nice vehicles to be sure, but none pushed ALL my buttons like the Audi. I shopped for a very specific equipment set; 3.0T power train, premium plus package, driver assistance package, cold weather package and Bose sound system. I wanted ventilated front seats, but to get them, you have to buy the prestige package and pay for other stuff I didn't care about. I shopped regionally (TX, AZ and CO) because there is only one NM dealer, but ended up buying locally, though with a competitive offer in hand from a Dallas area dealer. Got a great price because the 2016 A6s came out early...don't know for sure but there were likely dealer incentives to move the 2015s. Styling beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I love the understated exterior lines and low-slung stance. Surprisingly, the lower front fascia has more curb clearance than I expected...scraping the underside of the front bumper has been a sore point in both Cadillacs I've owned. The interior styling is also understated (though the retracting MMI display is cool), but material quality and fit/finish are outstanding and the front seats are very comfortable. Haven't had many rear seat passengers yet, but my 6' son claimed he had plenty of room. External visibility is excellent. And then there's the heated steering wheel on a cold morning...wonderful. The driving experience is incredible. The supercharged V6 has plenty of power (311 hp advertised - at least for me) and delivers it with turbine-like smoothness. There's no supercharger lag at all during moderate or hard acceleration. And quiet too...engine noise is inaudible at idle and unnoticeable at speed. Not sure what I'd do with the power of an S6. The car handles like it's on rails, though there doesn't seem to be a lot of road feedback through the steering wheel. Not a problem for me as I don't drive it at the edge of the envelope. I love the solid, planted impression I get when I drive it...very confidence inspiring. I'm looking forward to trying it out in icy/snowy conditions. The technology is really cool...blind spot monitors, lane keeping assist and backup-corner cameras/parking sensors all work as advertised, though the wheel shaker for the lane-keep assist could be a little more aggressive. The MMI interface is not as difficult to learn as some reviews would suggest, but it does take a little practice. Cell phone integration is seamless. I haven't really learned the voice control system yet, nor tried out the active cruise control. Google Earth integration with the Nav display is really cool! I've had no reliability issues, but my reliability score is not 10 only because I don't have many miles on the odometer yet. Combined mileage so far is around 20 mpg...significantly better than the DeVille it replaced. But I didn't buy it to save gas...I bought it to drive. And every time I get out of it, I find myself looking forward to the next time I get in."

Good looks and ride, great handling

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great looks"

Cons: "No front dash outlet to plug in radar detector."

"I love the interior, the ride and handling. However, there are concerns related to quality. With my 3.0 engine, there are sometimes a jerkiness in take off and acceleration. My driver side wiper is defective while the passenger side is fine. The pop up navigation screen occasionally sticks and has retracted abitrarily. Have experienced loss of tire pressure, which has triggered the gauge, on three separate occasions and on different tires. Note that the car is 1100 miles old. I am also concerned about maintenace costs as a replacement winshield has already set me back $750."

The nicest car I've ever owned

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Great on long drives. Love those LED headlights."

Cons: "No "OnStar" feature like my wife's BMW X5."

"Took delivery on my 2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige eight months ago. I ordered it with every option offered. Phantom Black Pearl Effect exterior and Mocha Brown interior, with 20" sport rims. I love the plush interior and the Bang and Olufsen sound system. The ride is tight, smooth and quiet and best of all, it handles like a dream and is so quick. I really have to pay attention to the speedometer at all times."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A6 near Honolulu. See local deals